Author Topic: 2019 NFL Pick'em  (Read 4137 times)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
2019 NFL Pick'em
« on: August 27, 2019, 04:36:38 PM »
All are welcome. It's more fun when people know who they're playing against, so a username would certainly be better than saintsfan420. Abandoning your pick set because you suck is a dick move. Don't be a dick.

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/register/joingroup
Group ID:  30347
Password: BartoRules!

2009 ScurvyDreams
2010 Pogoowner
2011 El Barto
2012 jcmistat
2013 Kevshmev
2014 El Barto
2015 Rattlehead
2016 Cool Chris
2017 Rattlehead
2018 El Barto
2019 El Barto
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: 2019 NFL Pick'em
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 07:26:48 AM »
We need a "Stadler" on that list.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 08:07:40 AM »
I'll give it a whirl, the more the merrier right?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 10:17:53 AM by T-ski »
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 10:17:09 AM »
In.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 11:05:25 AM »
Oh WTF, I'll join.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 02:03:43 PM »
I’m in.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline v_clortho

• Keymaster of Gozer
  • King of DTF
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2019, 03:28:16 PM »
I'm in.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2019, 06:08:36 AM »
Glad to be back, this is always fun  :tup

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2019, 03:22:37 PM »
Glad that this was made available again this year. 

Thank you.

Now, if I can just avoid the subpar one week that always crops up, as well as not forgetting an occasional Thursday or Saturday game :censored , maybe I can avoid another middle of the pack finish.  As is, this is always a great way of keeping a tally throughout the season, and show that I do know 'a thing or two' about the game still.  I really enjoy this.  Just glad this doesn't use point spreads!

Have a good (but not great) season, everyone! ;)
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2019, 09:20:35 AM »
For all those that are new to this, don't sweat it and don't worry.  One bad week won't hurt you at all. 

:)

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2019, 12:32:20 PM »
My account for some reason won’t let me join so I guess I’m not in. :/
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2019, 01:10:56 PM »
My account for some reason won’t let me join so I guess I’m not in. :/
???
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2019, 02:43:21 PM »
I'd love to do this again and reclaim my spot at the top :P, but I was that guy last year who forgot about it after a week or two, and now I cannot even remember my yahoo password. :lol :lol :facepalm: :facepalm:

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2019, 08:03:39 AM »
Can't believe we have a tie in the first week of the season.   ??? :facepalm:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2019, 08:08:05 AM »
Well, I was going to say "If I was a fan, I'd be very crushed", but it's Detroit and Arizona, so, they were likely going to be crushed at some point anyway.  ;)

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2019, 01:06:54 PM »
12-3-1 and tied for 1st.  I can say I was in the top spot, at one time, for three years running.  Not bad for Wed night/Thurs pm picks. And I remember spending about an hour on Sunday AMs back in the day.....

but...it's a marathon, and not a sprint
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2019, 02:11:43 PM »
The tie isn't separate.  It's counted in the loss column for everyone.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2019, 07:26:11 PM »
it's football, so I'm going to watch it, but in a sense, this is my personal hell, watching my two least favorite quarterbacks in the league, and actually having to root for one of them. 

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2019, 10:12:58 PM »
The tie isn't separate.  It's counted in the loss column for everyone.

Actually, it isn't counted at all.  At first glance, it's odd to see only 15 total games listed.  Then I realized, 'oh, yeah, there was a tie.'  Thus, the 12-3-1 record I listed. 

Mr Rodgers Neighborhood    12   3    
T-ski                                  12   3              
YtseBitsySpider                   12   3
DragonAttack                      12   3
Admiral Barto                      11   4
dave_manchester                11   4   
Cool Chris                           11   4          
AAgent66                            11   4                
V_Clortho                            11   4
Rattlehead                          11   4
Stadler's Staplers                10   5
OHWTF                               10   5
axeman9182                         9   6
ganpondorodf                        8   7
DoC                                     8   7                                      
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 12:11:03 AM by DragonAttack »

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2019, 08:07:31 AM »
Well dang  :omg:

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2019, 08:26:06 AM »
In gambling terms, it's called a "push".  It means, essentially, that there's "no action", as if the bet was never placed.  I believe that here, they treat it as a "push".

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2019, 08:34:10 AM »
I've staying out of this since it doesn't really matter, but you're all wrong. It's not a push, it's not a loss, and the bet did happen. All we're counting here are wins. That's why the leader board says "total points--12" for first place. Losses and ties are meaningless, other than they're not wins. A tie is simply not a win in this case so it's disregarded.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2019, 09:11:24 AM »
Yeah, not a win.  In other words, we all lost...a win.  On the other hand, we all got a loss last night who picked Carolina and 3 people didn't make their picks.  A Thursday night wash.  :lol

Offline T-ski

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2019, 02:54:45 PM »
Yeah, not a win.  In other words, we all lost...a win.  On the other hand, we all got a loss last night who picked Carolina and 3 people didn't make their picks.  A Thursday night wash.  :lol

damn, this was the one pick 'em league I forgot to do this week.  good thing I read the thread today.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2019, 03:26:46 PM »
You lucked out Ski.  :tup

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2019, 04:33:01 PM »
I called the upset in Oakland.  I thought that might be one of those games.  Oakland played well and within themselves last week, but it's not going my way so far.   That's going to hurt, since I'm the only one to have picked Oakland.  Everything else has either been a win across the board, or pretty evenly split.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2019, 05:45:41 PM »
Awful week for me here, and in the Survivor, which I will update after Monday night.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2019, 08:07:55 AM »
I did better in week 1.  :-\

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2019, 01:54:24 PM »
I cannot seem to win so far.   I'm barely over 50%, tied with a guy that doesn't know which end of the football goes first, and I don't even get the easy one last night (though I'm not alone). 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2019, 05:56:49 PM »
I went with the safe picks this week and still struggling.   Daniel Jones flexes his wings, the Saints impress in Seattle, Carolina pulls one out of their keister.... (should have called the Chargers, though; I watched that last two minutes and Rivers looked horrible, and that's two weeks in a row now they couldn't convert.)

Man, oh man. Digging myself a hole; it's going to be a long season.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2019, 06:27:37 PM »
I crapped the bed this week.

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2019, 07:02:14 PM »
I went with the safe picks this week and still struggling.   Daniel Jones flexes his wings, the Saints impress in Seattle, Carolina pulls one out of their keister.... (should have called the Chargers, though; I watched that last two minutes and Rivers looked horrible, and that's two weeks in a row now they couldn't convert.)

I keep telling you: pick the team with the coolest helmets. It's serving me just fine.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2019, 02:37:20 PM »

I didn't get any of those games either.  Seattle can't win at home against the Drew Brees-less Saints?  NYG only won cause TB let em back in the game and their kicker misses a chip shot FG to win it.  Chargers shoulda won easily at home.  Arizona...well...they're Arizona.  I never pick them on the road, but at home the chances are way better.  I also picked the Eagles at home.  I guess they are banged up more than I thought.  Sure glad that I don't bet on any of these games.  :lol

Offline T-ski

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2019, 07:52:49 AM »
been a couple of strange weeks, too many teams are Jekyll and Hyde right now.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2019, 08:30:18 AM »
I'm clearly the jinxed member of the group at this point.  I try to find the underdog, where I can get a point and most of the pack do not, but since I'm sucking ass this year so far, I figured I'd play it safe(r).    Imagine my glee when I saw that I had picked with the majority in all my games in the 1:00 set, and all but one of the afternoon (and evening games).  So rather than all of us getting like 10 or 11, we ALL took the pipe.   I'm tied for second, one point off the leader, and I'm only at .500 in picking this week.

And I'm kicking myself for going against my better judgment with the Raiders (who I've been riding all year; I think they might be good after all).