Author Topic: D/T Tour Second Leg  (Read 16888 times)

Offline RaiseTheKnife

Re: D/T Tour Second Leg
« Reply #140 on: July 23, 2019, 05:20:45 PM »
Has anyone ever done the Go the Distance VIP package?

Bought mine today.  Looks identical to the prior Platinum Meet & Greet packages.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #141 on: July 23, 2019, 07:02:14 PM »

Bought mine today.  Looks identical to the prior Platinum Meet & Greet packages.

I wonder if that Drumhead is the same one I got. Because I'm thinking about doing the Out of Reach VIP.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #142 on: July 23, 2019, 07:36:28 PM »

I wonder if that Drumhead is the same one I got. Because I'm thinking about doing the Out of Reach VIP.

M&G merch items have yet to vary from leg to leg, and I expect that to be the case here too, so plan on it being the same one.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #143 on: July 24, 2019, 07:42:56 AM »
$72 gets me a presale ticket from the band's site... 15th row though.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #144 on: July 24, 2019, 07:54:16 AM »
Jingle you looking at SA?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #145 on: July 24, 2019, 08:18:23 AM »
$72 gets me a presale ticket from the band's site... 15th row though.

So each show must have different prices. The Omaha show was $55 no fees.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #146 on: July 24, 2019, 08:23:39 AM »
They always have different prices, nothing unusual there.  I see this for NJ TICKETS: $30-$99

Personally hoping to scoop up the $30 in the last row, after my experiences this last tour, I think spending little and standing in the back is more fun than spending more money to be around people who want to sit up closer.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #147 on: July 24, 2019, 08:40:01 AM »

Kitchener, ON
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #148 on: July 24, 2019, 08:59:21 AM »
Just got my Going the Distance VIP package yesterday for two at the Mesa AZ show.  :2metal: :hefdaddy :2metal:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Joshgirouard

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #149 on: July 24, 2019, 09:08:00 AM »

Kitchener, ON

I buy tickets quite frequently for the center in the square in Kitchener as I live here . I would wait for the public on sale . The vip and presale rockets are less than half of the close seating . They will still have front row available during the public on sale in Canadian currency not USD. Just my 2c

I’ve personally never sat farther than 3rd row for any show there and didn’t have to battle for tickets . As long as you are online at 10am you should be good to go

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2019, 10:00:35 AM »
I couldn't get online right at 10 am today for the pre-sale, but I got on eventually and got 14 rows back on Petrucci's side for the St. Louis show. :metal :metal

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2019, 10:02:46 AM »
I don't get why they play Riverside instead of changing it up and playing further north (Ventura / Santa Barbara). Maybe I am just selfish :lol

(Yes.. I know promoters, etc)
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2019, 10:31:26 AM »
I don't get why they play Riverside instead of changing it up and playing further north (Ventura / Santa Barbara). Maybe I am just selfish :lol

Or change it up from California to the PNW!
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2019, 10:47:35 AM »

Or change it up from California to the PNW!

That too :lol

Either way, the Riverside date doesn't make sense to me. San Diego (El Cajon)? Yea. where is the other date? San Jose? Kinda makes sense. Riverside is so close to LA that it doesn't make sense to me. 
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2019, 11:11:34 AM »
But...this one is Riverside (said in the "but...these go to eleven" voice).
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2019, 12:15:50 PM »

Have you ever been to Riverside? :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2019, 03:23:19 PM »
Hell yea! Coming to Raleigh? Anyone have the pre-sale password? Lol
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2019, 04:02:17 PM »
DREAM THEATER Announces Fall 2019 North American Leg Of 'Distance Over Time' Tour

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dream-theater-announces-fall-2019-north-american-leg-of-distance-over-time-tour/?fbclid=IwAR2u7KXzpn0viffFJLO3_xVwoZv0iHoJo0_RYBbIDGEepQhVRk9YF-22Wdg

BBBBBBBUT I have tickets for Flying Colors at the Keswick that day. [Explicative Deleted.]

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #158 on: July 24, 2019, 06:26:15 PM »

Have you ever been to Riverside? :lol

I'll be hitting up the Riverside show - anyone from Los Angeles will tell you that everything east of Silverlake might as well be in another state. :laugh:

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #159 on: July 25, 2019, 02:16:19 PM »
Where are you seeing SA? In any case, El Paso should work well for you.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #160 on: July 25, 2019, 02:52:07 PM »

What's up, good sir?

Have you been to that venue before?

I'd like to go, but after catching the DC show on the last leg I think I'll hold off on buying tickets until I can see the setlist.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #161 on: July 25, 2019, 03:10:23 PM »

Going to the SATX show most likely but I'm glad my sister hometown (I was born in Juarez) is getting a DT show.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #162 on: July 25, 2019, 03:54:48 PM »

Going to the SATX show most likely but I'm glad my sister hometown (I was born in Juarez) is getting a DT show.
Ah, found it. San Antonio isn't listed on their official site. If the setlist is different, meaning they play AWE, I'd head down there for it.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #163 on: July 26, 2019, 08:15:43 AM »
10th row, virtually dead centre (seat 16 of a 38 seat row)  $90CAD.  I'll take it.  Don't know what the demand is gonna be like for this venue - it's only 45 minutes or so from Toronto, and serves a fairly large geography that likely wouldn't go see DT in Toronto.  Decent enough chance it might sell out, so as much as I'd like to chance getting a first/second row ticket a few days before the show, I'll take the 10th row guarantee.  Since I missed SFAM 1st time around, and in Toronto a couple months back, this be my last chance.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #164 on: July 26, 2019, 08:32:58 AM »
I couldn't get online right at 10 am today for the pre-sale, but I got on eventually and got 14 rows back on Petrucci's side for the St. Louis show. :metal :metal

I got my Going the Distance yesterday for St. Louis. Is there usually a fan gathering before the show?

Offline jjfumbly

« Reply #165 on: July 26, 2019, 10:35:49 AM »
I'm already dying to know if the first set and/or encore will be changed. When the actual tour starts it will be next to impossible for me not to check. My show is at the end of the leg  :(

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #166 on: July 26, 2019, 11:58:36 AM »

What's up, good sir?

Have you been to that venue before?

I'd like to go, but after catching the DC show on the last leg I think I'll hold off on buying tickets until I can see the setlist.

Hey bud. I have been to that venue quite a few times. It's a nice spot with extremely convenient parking. I like DPAC more, but I won't complain. Let me know if you end up going!
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #167 on: July 26, 2019, 12:03:09 PM »
$100 for 2 balcony seats. The fuck.

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #168 on: July 26, 2019, 12:20:59 PM »
$100 for 2 balcony seats. The fuck.

That's what I paid for Canton.  Better than being on the floor where the sight line obscured.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #169 on: July 26, 2019, 02:13:52 PM »
^ Same, got my Canton tickets today.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #170 on: July 27, 2019, 08:18:51 PM »
Is it confirmed that they're playing Scenes From a Memory again? If so, I'll be sitting out the October concert in Nassau County on Schlong Island. Sorry if this has already been answered. I haven't read the whole thread.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #171 on: July 27, 2019, 09:59:33 PM »
Yes, they are playing SFAM.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #172 on: July 28, 2019, 07:35:32 AM »
Yes, they are playing SFAM.

Thanks, mang.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #173 on: August 28, 2019, 09:28:39 AM »
I've been in a bit in the dark about what they've been playing to be honest.

Can someone tell me what I might expect for my "evening with" show in September?

A full "older" album would be fine with me.
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #174 on: August 28, 2019, 09:32:34 AM »
Look at the set list thread for what they have been playing.  As for any changes on the next leg...I am not at liberty to say.  :biggrin:

But I think a lot of folks may be happy about a song that is supposed to be added in
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."