Author Topic: So, I wrote a book about a girl drummer...  (Read 922 times)

Offline electech98

So, I wrote a book about a girl drummer...
« on: December 12, 2018, 05:23:21 PM »
A children's picture book, to be more precise  :eek ;D Called "Darci the Drummer: Takes Drum Lessons"

If you guys want to check it out, it's on Amazon and you can go here to find out more info: www.darcithedrummer.com

I want to do more in the series, and I just need all the support I can get...I also want to donate half my profits to local public school music programs, because my focus is music education. Unfortunately I'm still trying to recover the costs of making the book, but I'm positive about the outlook. :) If you guys can, can you help spread the word? That'd be so very cool :D

I also finished another manuscript for a simpler, rhyming children's book about drumming that I'll be submitting to agents and publishers instead of going self-published like with "Darci the Drummer", so we'll see how the traditional book publishing route goes.

I'm on Instagram @jwbcreates, if you want to follow along the journey.

Thanks for taking a peak at my post...any support is most appreciated, much love to you all  :heart
Family man
Drummer - Art and the Resistance
Business owner, author, recording studio operator
Instagram: @jwbcreates

Offline electech98

Re: So, I wrote a book about a girl drummer...
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 06:42:05 PM »
Perhaps I should have put this in the General Music thread instead...any way to delete this so I can repost in the General Music thread?
Family man

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 01:53:24 PM »
The first thing that came to mind was that you should NOT write a sequel called "Darci Learns to Diddle"!

Sorry...couldn't help it.

Seriously, though, if my daughter were younger (she's 14 now), I'd TOTALLY buy this for her.  When she was around 5 or so, there was a book published about a little girl who was a fan of the L.A. Kings.  I scooped that up.  She couldn't care less about sports, so I guess it didn't work, but still.

Hope this does well for you!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 02:05:18 PM »
"Darci has been accused of sounding robotic, having no soul. And Darci is plotting revenge. I'll mount my cymbals so high, the whole world will see them!, she says."
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline electech98

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 09:26:00 PM »
"Darci has been accused of sounding robotic, having no soul. And Darci is plotting revenge. I'll mount my cymbals so high, the whole world will see them!, she says."

:lol :rollin :lol
Family man

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 11:10:16 PM »

That is bloody brilliant :lol

Good luck with the book, electech98!
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)