Author Topic: Nightflyers - SyFy (George R.R. Martin)  (Read 1679 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Nightflyers - SyFy (George R.R. Martin)
« on: December 04, 2018, 09:50:52 AM »
Anyone watching this? I was able to catch the first episode last night. It's not bad. Seems interesting enough. I will say it's pretty fast paced. Not a whole lot of 'lead in' to the characters or what's going on. There is some brief interactions that kind of set the stage but it really just jumps right in to the thick of things.

It's interesting enough to keep watching....I'm just leery of the quick pace the first episode set and if it'll be a detriment or not to character development and/or the story.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline The Trooper

Re: Nightflyers - SyFy (George R.R. Martin)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 10:20:01 AM »
I have seen the commercials, looks interesting.

I am finishing up watching season 2 of Berlin Station now. May give this one a try after I hear more feedback on it.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 06:26:40 PM »
I'm letting it build up on my DVR and then I will tackle it. Just finished Chilling Adventures of Sabrina on Netflix and now I'm catching up on some other things.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 08:50:42 AM »
Watched the second episode. Still just hanging around the 'not bad' feel for me. But, my concern is that I have/had a couple more recordings in the que and was ready to power through at least one more episode but really didn't 'feel' like it. If I'm really in to a show I'll hammer some episdoes out......this show has yet to prompt me to lose sleep over it  :lol  Like I said, it's not a bad show and I'll probably hammer out the season but it's not at that level of 'need' to watch for me yet.

I'm curious about other opinions as you start to watch.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 10:13:24 PM »
Third episode turned a corner. Story is picking up and it’s really starting to get rolling.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 03:23:54 AM »
Just watched the first episode and I thought it was killer. Seems SyFy has another hit on its hands.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 06:31:30 AM »
Just watched the first episode and I thought it was killer. Seems SyFy has another hit on its hands.

That means they’ll cancel it soon  :lol

I was surprised at how quickly ‘we’ were just thrown into the story in the first episode. And it’s kept that pace through the first three

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 07:28:33 AM »
Through all five available episodes now. I'm very satisfied with the show. It's been pretty non stop as far as conflict and moving the story along. Curious to see how this ends....

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2018, 10:03:53 PM »
Just watched the first 4 episodes tonight. It is fast paced and I am enjoying it.

On a side note, I love that Sci-Fi (sorry, can't do the stupid abbreviation) has fired their censor. Happy!, The Magicians and now this have all been totally uncensored and it is awesome.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2018, 10:12:55 PM »
Yeah I’m digging this show. I’m current with the episodes and wish I could just keep watching.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2018, 07:35:44 AM »
Got through episode 7 last night. Yikes, episode 6 had me cringing a bit as a dude. I'll probably try to finish it out tonight as Travelers and the Sabrina holiday episode drop on Friday.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2018, 08:19:39 AM »
I’m through all 8 that are available. Will watch the finale tonight....as you said.....gotta clear the way for Travelers.

I’ll admit after the first two episodes I wasn’t sold, but glad i stuck with it. It’s been a pretty solid show.

I’m curious as to if this is a ‘one and done’ series or if there are multiple seasons planned? Guess that depends on how it ends.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2018, 12:42:57 PM »
Wondering that myself. I was looking around to see if this is a limited series or if something more is planned. Based on the opening scene of the first episode, it seems like a limited series. Feels like they showed us the end first. We'll see.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2018, 09:57:44 PM »
Finished the last episode. I’ll wait to comment too much as not to give anything away.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2018, 10:31:16 PM »
I'm done as well. Nothing went the way I thought it would. That's good. Kept me on my toes.

Clearly, they can continue if the network so chooses.

As the season went on I found myself not wanting to stop watching. They got me sucked in.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2018, 06:32:00 AM »
I'm done as well. Nothing went the way I thought it would. That's good. Kept me on my toes.

Clearly, they can continue if the network so chooses.

As the season went on I found myself not wanting to stop watching. They got me sucked in.

Agree on all counts. If I had to guess there’d certainly be a season Two. I know they ‘kind of’ wrapped it up but definitely left it open enough to craft another season.

As I mentioned earlier.....I wasn’t sold after the first two episodes, but once the third one rolled around I was on board for the duration.

SPOILERS:

Interesting reveal about Captain Eris as well. You knew there was ‘something’ off about him but that was tough to guess.

As far as D’Branin goes....I gues the Voylcron really sent him to an alternate timeline in the past? That’s what it seemed like especially after they showed that the pod was empty.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2018, 08:32:24 AM »
I can't even begin to guess what is actually happening. I am definately curious to see what happens.

One thing I did pay attention to was the wording around the last episode. It was clearly called a season finale and not a series finale so that tells me that they have left the door open.

And, in typical George RR Martin fashion, bro and sis boned. Not sure if the original story was like that or if it was an embellishment from the show writers. Thrones immediately crossed my mind when they made that revelation. Couldn't help it.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2018, 09:28:33 AM »
I can't even begin to guess what is actually happening. I am definately curious to see what happens.

One thing I did pay attention to was the wording around the last episode. It was clearly called a season finale and not a series finale so that tells me that they have left the door open.

And, in typical George RR Martin fashion, bro and sis boned. Not sure if the original story was like that or if it was an embellishment from the show writers. Thrones immediately crossed my mind when they made that revelation. Couldn't help it.

:lol No kidding with the bro/sis stuff. That dude has to have some serious sibling issues going on. I don't even know if he has brothers or sisters but he certainly likes to throw some crazy stuff into the mix when it comes to siblings.