Author Topic: Stadler's Roulette, 2.0: Singles A's and B's: We have a Champeen!  (Read 47320 times)

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Stadler's Roulette, Ver. 2.0: Singles A's and B's
« Reply #140 on: November 29, 2018, 11:07:00 AM »
Star One has to be Chad.

I hinted at this before.  I don't think I'm giving anything away when I say that this is the song of the round, and I know Chad would be proud, though he didn't send it.  :)

That's not even the song of the ALBUM.   :lol

No shit. :biggrin: At least it's not It All Ends Here!
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #141 on: November 29, 2018, 11:09:01 AM »
Yeah, Chad's more a Human See, Human Do guy.

DCFC might be Home?
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #142 on: November 29, 2018, 11:20:49 AM »
Star One has to be Chad.

I hinted at this before.  I don't think I'm giving anything away when I say that this is the song of the round, and I know Chad would be proud, though he didn't send it.  :)

That's not even the song of the ALBUM.   :lol

I have no idea, but I do know that it's dangerous to hear one song and start to go buy albums, but I'm at the point now where I think I need to invest a little more time in the world of Ayreon (and related projects). 

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #143 on: November 29, 2018, 12:01:24 PM »

Take your stinkin paws off me, you damned dirty ape!  :lol

Gonna have to go play that now - it is my #1 song on last.fm afterall.  That run of HS/HD, 24 Hours, and Cassandra Complex is easily my favorite three song run of any album ever.

Stads... if you purchase the album, I'll give you a no-honk guarantee (at least up to the final track).  But the first 8 more than make up for it.  Go Spotify it at the very least.

Edit... ya know, it's too bad one of you idiots (said with much love  :heart :)) used Star One for that round (really unsure how it fits the theme - 'twill be interesting to see how).  A lot of tracks from VOTMA would've been a good call for this Live or Memorex round.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 12:15:54 PM by jingle.boy »
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #144 on: November 29, 2018, 01:26:35 PM »
Death Cab is home or 425 I dunno who's in the roulette there's no list in the OP

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #145 on: November 29, 2018, 03:11:46 PM »
LOVE T-T-T-T-T-T-TYGER :lol

Love that song. cheese overload 🤘🧀🧀🤘

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2018, 08:21:19 AM »
Death Cab is home or 425 I dunno who's in the roulette there's no list in the OP

Boom.

(And I'll try to add a list sometime today).

Probably starting writeups today as well. 

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #147 on: November 30, 2018, 11:49:54 AM »
You need to clear out your inbox Stadler. Tried to send you info on my submission- still catching up with the rules. 😀

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2018, 01:50:57 PM »
Wow, that's a lot of Tobi in the first round.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #149 on: November 30, 2018, 11:00:41 PM »
 :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #150 on: December 01, 2018, 04:42:22 AM »
Stads... any limits on time?  I want to be respectful of not sending songs that are too long, but I have a combo in mind that would end up being 20ish minutes for the pair.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #151 on: December 01, 2018, 12:37:21 PM »
Stads... any limits on time?  I want to be respectful of not sending songs that are too long, but I have a combo in mind that would end up being 20ish minutes for the pair.

Should be fine.  I think I said 15 minutes-ish per song, and while I would never say no to anything, just being honest, over 20 minutes a song you're probably pushing your luck. 

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #152 on: December 02, 2018, 03:29:26 AM »

Gonna have to go play that now - it is my #1 song on last.fm afterall.  That run of HS/HD, 24 Hours, and Cassandra Complex is easily my favorite three song run of any album ever.

Stads... if you purchase the album, I'll give you a no-honk guarantee (at least up to the final track).  But the first 8 more than make up for it.  Go Spotify it at the very least.

Edit... ya know, it's too bad one of you idiots (said with much love  :heart :)) used Star One for that round (really unsure how it fits the theme - 'twill be interesting to see how).  A lot of tracks from VOTMA would've been a good call for this Live or Memorex round.

I have to say Chad that I find it quite amusing that you have a pretty strong dislike for growls yet a song featuring Dan Swano is your most played.  But yeah, that run of songs is unreal.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #153 on: December 02, 2018, 03:52:53 AM »

I have to say Chad that I find it quite amusing that you have a pretty strong dislike for growls yet a song featuring Dan Swano is your most played.  But yeah, that run of songs is unreal.

He also likes Rage of Despair by Flaming Row I think, so it's not a dislike of growls per se, I guess he just doesn't like when it's all growls. Human See Human Do kicks ass, yeah.

LOVE T-T-T-T-T-T-TYGER :lol

Love that song. cheese overload 🤘🧀🧀🤘

They opened with it on the latest Monuments tour, hell of a song indeed, although the crowd didn't seem into it as much as they were for the older songs.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #154 on: December 02, 2018, 04:48:11 AM »

He also likes Rage of Despair by Flaming Row I think, so it's not a dislike of growls per se, I guess he just doesn't like when it's all growls. Human See Human Do kicks ass, yeah.

This 100%.  Rage of Despair is #3 all-time on my last.fm!   :lol

"Tasteful and appropriate" is what I often say when it comes to growls/harsh vox.  Growls et al as a vocal style in and of itself doesn't appeal to me.  And considering most of the time it comes in the form of 'thrash/death/doom etc' style of music... well.... pass.

More importantly, when are you FINISHING writeups?  :biggrin:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #155 on: December 02, 2018, 03:32:46 PM »
Hi there Stads.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #156 on: December 02, 2018, 03:35:20 PM »
We may get results in K-Lox's roulette first.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #157 on: December 02, 2018, 03:56:43 PM »
We may get results in K-Lox's roulette first.

:clap:

To be fair though, Stads is RARELY on DTF on weekends.  I admire that actually.

Serious.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #158 on: December 02, 2018, 04:00:25 PM »
I know. Must be nice to have a life. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #159 on: December 02, 2018, 04:14:37 PM »
Will power.

I have none.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #160 on: December 02, 2018, 04:41:34 PM »

This 100%.  Rage of Despair is #3 all-time on my last.fm!   :lol

"Tasteful and appropriate" is what I often say when it comes to growls/harsh vox.  Growls et al as a vocal style in and of itself doesn't appeal to me.  And considering most of the time it comes in the form of 'thrash/death/doom etc' style of music... well.... pass.

More importantly, when are you FINISHING writeups?  :biggrin:

Yeah, I know all that in regards to the growls, was just a funny observation.  Like I was typing what I was thinking.  :lol

Plus let me fix something for myself.

life.
I have none.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #161 on: December 02, 2018, 04:52:37 PM »
 :lol

Today was just food shopping and football. Yesterday way eventful.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #162 on: December 03, 2018, 09:39:12 AM »
Yeah, I'm sorry guys; this weekend was a washout re: roulette.   Christmas decorations, had my grandson, and, well... there was a choice:   "Hang out with my 18 month cute as hell grandson, drink wine and put up a tree or try to find something nice to say about one of my most overrated vocalists of all time", and, well, you guys can wait another day.  :)   

Writing now.  I'm supposed to see Craig Ferguson tonight, but I'm trying to sell the tix; if I go we should see results tomorrow.  If I don't go, we should see results... tomorrow.  :)   

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #163 on: December 03, 2018, 09:51:20 AM »
Yeah, I'm sorry guys; this weekend was a washout re: roulette.   Christmas decorations, had my grandson, and, well... there was a choice:   "Hang out with my 18 month cute as hell grandson, drink wine and put up a tree or try to find something nice to say about one of my most overrated vocalists of all time", and, well, you guys can wait another day.  :)   

I'm guessing this is about Alice Cooper or Klaus Meine, and I'm therefore screwed.

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #164 on: December 03, 2018, 09:56:09 AM »
I suspect it's about Russell Allen ...

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #165 on: December 03, 2018, 10:16:15 AM »
Yeah, I'm sorry guys; this weekend was a washout re: roulette.   Christmas decorations, had my grandson, and, well... there was a choice:   "Hang out with my 18 month cute as hell grandson, drink wine and put up a tree or try to find something nice to say about one of my most overrated vocalists of all time",

I feel like you used that excuse last year.  ;D

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #166 on: December 03, 2018, 10:17:39 AM »
You should go see Ferguson, he is too funny. That will also give me more time to figure out what the hell I'll be sending, the next theme is killing me
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #167 on: December 03, 2018, 10:18:14 AM »
I suspect it's about Russell Allen ...

I hope not. Plus, he said the Star One track was song of the round. Unless that was misdirection. Could be Hevy Devy.

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #168 on: December 03, 2018, 10:41:12 AM »
Oh, forgot that. Sorry, man!

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #169 on: December 03, 2018, 12:34:39 PM »
So...  one of you mentioned the "overrated vocalist" and the only hint is, it's not Klaus Meine (I love that guy's voice; probably the reason I like the Scorpions as much as I do).   

I can release the results in pieces if you want.  I have about half done so far, so maybe I can release a block or two of four each, but that will mean some will have to wait a little longer than others...

I'll say this:  the results are pretty bunched up so far, and I can only expect that as more songs and more results fill in, that someone will pull away.  I also know that I will probably be more particular on some of the theme applications in the future.  If you sent "your favorite band" and there was even a hint that it was even a hair more than that, whether Kiss or b-side, you got a 2.  If all I could determine is that, based on your word, that this was your favorite band of bands that I would accept, you got a 1.5.    That's going to change moving forward.  Some of the themes might be a little harder, but some will be easy (almost obvious) so I'll need to separate a little bit.   

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #170 on: December 03, 2018, 01:25:06 PM »
Nah, just post them when you have all of them
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #171 on: December 03, 2018, 01:30:57 PM »

Nah... torture some of us.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #172 on: December 03, 2018, 01:32:00 PM »
I still have no idea for the next round.

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #173 on: December 03, 2018, 01:58:41 PM »
what's this? voluntary waiting?
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #174 on: December 03, 2018, 02:00:58 PM »
I still have no idea for the next round.

I must have missed the post wher the theme was discussed.. what is the next Theme?