Author Topic: Interviewing James tomorrow. Questions for him?  (Read 16354 times)

Offline Sebastián Pratesi

Re: Interviewing James tomorrow. Questions for him?
« Reply #175 on: November 21, 2018, 08:09:49 PM »
Question to North Americans or burger experts:

My favourite pub here (Argentina) makes different kinds of burgers. One of them (my favourite) is named "North American burger" in the menu. It's made up of cheddar cheese, sliced cucumber, and some onion. (And the meat, of course.)

Is that a common type of burger in the US? Or did the pub name it with the first thing that came to their mind?

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #176 on: November 21, 2018, 10:19:09 PM »
I have never, ever, in all my American gluttonous ways, seen cucumber on a hamburger.

I would consider a basic, common "American" Burger to include American (natch) or cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, and onion. Those seem almost automatic unless it is a specialty burger. I imagine ketchup and possibly mayo are the top condiment choices.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #177 on: November 22, 2018, 04:25:18 AM »
Unless 'cucumber' is referring to a 'pickle'. 

(these type of responses are what happens when I get up at 5am to help the wife with the Tgiving meal...)
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #178 on: November 22, 2018, 10:42:47 AM »
I've only seen cucumber on burgers in the Netherlands (they seem to put cucumbers on everything).  Swap that with bacon and you got a North American burger.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #179 on: November 22, 2018, 11:13:50 AM »
Wrath and greed look pretty good too.  :drool:
Blasphemy Burger...  :natalieportman:
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

« Reply #180 on: November 22, 2018, 01:43:00 PM »
Unless 'cucumber' is referring to a 'pickle'. 

(these type of responses are what happens when I get up at 5am to help the wife with the Tgiving meal...)
Well, I googled both, to make sure I was writing the correct thing. It's definitely cucumber. (By the way, it tastes nice. Maybe it's the combination with the cheddar.)

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

« Reply #181 on: November 22, 2018, 01:44:50 PM »
I have never, ever, in all my American gluttonous ways, seen cucumber on a hamburger.

I would consider a basic, common "American" Burger to include American (natch) or cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, and onion. Those seem almost automatic unless it is a specialty burger. I imagine ketchup and possibly mayo are the top condiment choices.
OK, thanks! That's more like it.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #182 on: November 25, 2018, 02:56:39 PM »
Wrath and greed look pretty good too.  :drool:

Greed all the way, but get those pickles out of there.

Also, where's the Lust burger?

Question to North Americans or burger experts:

My favourite pub here (Argentina) makes different kinds of burgers. One of them (my favourite) is named "North American burger" in the menu. It's made up of cheddar cheese, sliced cucumber, and some onion. (And the meat, of course.)

Is that a common type of burger in the US? Or did the pub name it with the first thing that came to their mind?

Never heard of cucumbers on a burger.  Maybe you don't commonly have pickles there and the cuke is taking the place of the pickles??  In any event, a common "American" burger would have most or all of the following:  American cheese, ketchup, mustard, pickles, onions, lettuce and tomato.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

« Reply #183 on: November 25, 2018, 07:31:05 PM »
Never heard of cucumbers on a burger.  Maybe you don't commonly have pickles there and the cuke is taking the place of the pickles??  In any event, a common "American" burger would have most or all of the following:  American cheese, ketchup, mustard, pickles, onions, lettuce and tomato.
Nah, we have pickles on supermarkets, but I think they are expensive to most people; hence why they are not very popular on burgers, or any dishes really.

That sounds so tasty! :) I think it's also what I usually have at Burger King. (That is, the one time I'm able to go every couple years.)