Author Topic: RIP STAN LEE  (Read 2812 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: RIP STAN LEE
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2018, 07:55:20 AM »
We can always just not be bothered by his words. I dunno. Just an idea. Let's focus on Stan and his influence, and not lashing out in anger or frustration toward others who don't agree.
That's true.  I mean, clearly it's an uninformed opinion.  He doesn't "get" comics, so he doesn't "get" the impact that Stan Lee had on so many people.

Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2018, 07:56:49 AM »
We can always just not be bothered by his words. I dunno. Just an idea. Let's focus on Stan and his influence, and not lashing out in anger or frustration toward others who don't agree.
That's true.  I mean, clearly it's an uninformed opinion.  He doesn't "get" comics, so he doesn't "get" the impact that Stan Lee had on so many people.

And that's cool. We can just enjoy things in a way he can't. His loss. No need to get angry about it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2018, 08:08:15 AM »
[/b][/i][/u]

Haha.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Offline Adami

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2018, 09:02:27 AM »
What? We might disagree on what constitutes "others who don't agree." But we generally agree on how to respond to those when we agree on who they are.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2018, 10:07:20 AM »
What? We might disagree on what constitutes "others who don't agree." But we generally agree on how to respond to those when we agree on who they are.

No, no, I know.  It was my way of saying that 99% of disagreement these days patently disregards the advice to "not lash out in anger and frustration".  I answer questions on Quora a lot, and recently I got locked out and called a "TROLL!" because I had the temerity to ask someone to stick to the facts and not resort to dumb shit like "Drumpf" or quasi-psychological analysis of a guy you have never met, not even once, and simply do not like.   

Offline Adami

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2018, 10:09:57 AM »

No, no, I know.  It was my way of saying that 99% of disagreement these days patently disregards the advice to "not lash out in anger and frustration".  I answer questions on Quora a lot, and recently I got locked out and called a "TROLL!" because I had the temerity to ask someone to stick to the facts and not resort to dumb shit like "Drumpf" or quasi-psychological analysis of a guy you have never met, not even once, and simply do not like.

I feel yea. I'd never call you a troll, man.
fanticide.bandcamp.com