Author Topic: I made an instrumental double concept album!  (Read 2413 times)

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
I made an instrumental double concept album!
« on: November 07, 2018, 05:52:06 AM »
Hi DTFers!

I've been collaborating with my friend for over a year now on an experimental instrumental project called Billows Below. We put out our debut earlier this year, and now we've released a thematic double album in two volumes: Mollify and Nullify. Our music is very atmospheric and ambient- and drone-based, but my guitars and keyboards bring in a melodic element, and on the two halves of the double album you can hear shades of genres such as prog (Serrated), synthwave (The Pig) and drum 'n' bass (To a New Beginning). We've also talked about putting out limited edition cassettes of each record.

Enjoy! :)

P.S. Wanna hear some more? Here's an acoustic-based EP we made a couple of years ago!

Offline Architeuthis

Re: I made an instrumental double concept album!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 12:00:38 PM »
Thanks for sharing!  At first, I couldn't really hear the acoustic over the noise but then it slowly builds up to something as the keys come in. I'm curious to see where you guys are going with this.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline ?

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 03:11:01 PM »
Thanks for listening! :tup That EP was a bit of a one-off thing, but our next full-length album (out next year at some point) will actually be more acoustic-based again, so it'll be a continuation of sorts.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 06:09:49 AM »
I don’t do any drugs, but this sounds like the kind of music you listen to when you are on it. Cool stuff
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline ?

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 08:34:13 AM »
I don’t do any drugs, but this sounds like the kind of music you listen to when you are on it. Cool stuff
That's a pretty apt description actually :lol Thanks man!