Author Topic: New Fanticide album! (my project) Mix of orchestral/theatrical and industrial  (Read 734 times)

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Hey! I was hoping you guys would check out my new album.

It's a weird mix of orchestral/theatrical music with industrial/electronic music and a little metal thrown in. It is a concept album (like other Fanticide albums) and is pretty unique. It has four singers, two of them classically training and two rock/metal singers. The story is centered around understanding emotions.

The story was inspired partly by Metropolis (the movie, not the album). It takes place in the distance future where man has created AI so advanced that they have developed emotions. The robots are experiencing emotion but have no understanding of what they are, what they mean, or how to control them at all. The humans, on the other hand, have evolved past the point of emotional at all. The robots come to their human makers to help them in their struggle, but the humans, lacking any emotion including empathy, don't see a need to help. So the album is the debate between the two groups. Two robots, two humans. The humans face the choice, abandon their creations, or revert back to an emotional state to help the robots transcend their struggle.

https://fanticide.bandcamp.com/album/under-achilles-heel

I'd really love to hear any thoughts on the album. I was so lucky to work with amazing vocalists.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Adami

Anyone?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline PowerSlave

I've only had the opportunity to listen to a single track so far. You Made us What We Are. She has an excellent voice!

I'm neck deep in work right now (our busy season), but I have made a mental bookmark to go back and check out more of the album as time allows. Hopefully I'll be able to take it in throughout the week.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
I'll definitely have a listen to this tonight! The Fall of Grace was amazing and I still spin it regularly. :metal
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Adami

I've only had the opportunity to listen to a single track so far. You Made us What We Are. She has an excellent voice!

I'm neck deep in work right now (our busy season), but I have made a mental bookmark to go back and check out more of the album as time allows. Hopefully I'll be able to take it in throughout the week.

Thanks! There's actually two female singers. One doing the more rock/industrial/electronic vocals, and one doing the more theatrical/operatic ones (same with the guys). They're both incredible. The operatic girl was just something special. I remember the owner of the recording studio just randomly popping into the room when she was recording and just being in awe.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Adami

Self indulgent bump.
fanticide.bandcamp.com