Author Topic: Haunting of Hill House (netflix)  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Haunting of Hill House (netflix)
« on: November 04, 2018, 03:02:16 AM »
New show on Netflix. Going through it now and Episode 3 is where I really started getting into it.

Anyone else watching?

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Haunting of Hill House (netflix)
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 01:13:56 PM »
It’s on my list.  Just gotta get to it. I’ve heard it’s good.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 07:03:39 PM »
Just finished the whole first season. That was some damn fine TV.

So, it starts out having you think its just gonna be another quirky American horror story kind of thing, but by around episode 3 or so you realize it is offering so much more. Essentially its a very compelling family drama wrapped in a horror, spooky house casing, and I highly recommend it.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 06:25:34 AM »
I loved it - watched it the week that it came out and was completely hooked.  One scene made me literally jump - I haven't seen a scare that intense in a long time. 

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 09:56:48 AM »
I loved it - watched it the week that it came out and was completely hooked.  One scene made me literally jump - I haven't seen a scare that intense in a long time.

There were a couple scenes that made me jump. The biggest was the one in the car. Great show overall. I wish they would have done a better job explaining the history of the house and what caused it's "Evil" or why all of those ghosts stuck around. Maybe season 2 will focus on that (assuming there is another season).

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 09:59:01 AM »
Saw the first couple of episodes. Will continue ASAP!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 03:03:43 PM »
Really enjoyed this. The sixth episode is maybe one of my favorite TV episodes of the year and it's also a technical marvel. From what I've read, we shouldn't expect another season with the Crain family, but the creator left open the possibility of doing an anthology type thing centered around the house.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 10:12:53 AM »
Masterpiece, pure and simple.
The actor who plays the elder brother seemed very familiar but I couldn't pin it, looked him up and sure enough; he played Daario on Game of Thrones.
I just read they announced season 2, I dunno what they fuck that means. It felt like the story is over, unless it's prequel.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2018, 12:50:10 PM »
The actor who plays the elder brother seemed very familiar but I couldn't pin it, looked him up and sure enough; he played Daario on Game of Thrones.

Now I feel silly for not realzing it.

It's not the first time that a Game of Thrones actor sat in front of me the whole time without me knowing, the girl playing the Waif (Arya's enemy in her ninja training) was a co protagonist in a Black Mirror episode.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2018, 01:35:26 AM »
The fifth episode when you find out the truth about the bent neck lady........ wow  :o both scary and impressive.

Online faizoff

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2018, 08:47:38 AM »
I too completed this show and it was absolutely stunning and beautifully made. Every scene was so well shot and looked amazing. And agree about episode 5 being probably the best one. Such an awesome setup for it.

Biggest scare jump for me was in the storm episode. with the chandelier.  I audibly screamed when that happened. And I never scream when watching any horror stuff.

"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan