Author Topic: I'm interviewing Jordan Rudess!  (Read 3883 times)

Offline RodrigoAltaf

Re: I'm interviewing Jordan Rudess!
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2018, 01:39:36 PM »
Interview done. A couple of things: he's aware of the criticism of The Astonishing and of the drum sound, and he believes both issues will be addressed in the next album: a KILLER drum sound, and a "classic Dream Theater album".

And I asked if he will shave his beard!

Will post it here once it's published.

Wow, that's nice to hear!! Thanks for the insights.

When are you planning to publish it?

Next week, when I have time to transcribe it.

And I'm willing to share the audio recording with whoever shares the interview on Facebook and likes Lotsofmuzik's page.

Offline evilasiojr

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2018, 01:50:43 PM »

Next week, when I have time to transcribe it.

And I'm willing to share the audio recording with whoever shares the interview on Facebook and likes Lotsofmuzik's page.

Nice  :metal

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2018, 02:06:12 PM »
I think that a public apology is in order. I was supposed to call in MinistroRaven to ask a few questions to Jordan - he and I share all things Lotsofmuzik - but I had so many things in my head at the time that I completely forgot. Sorry once again, man...I feel embarassed to have forgotten it, and when the new album comes out, I'm sure there will be another chance to talk to one of the guys in the band again. Hopefully then I can redeem myself.

Here's a still of the interview yesterday:

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2018, 03:32:44 PM »
His expression makes me think that...

I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2018, 04:57:55 PM »
I think that a public apology is in order. I was supposed to call in MinistroRaven to ask a few questions to Jordan - he and I share all things Lotsofmuzik - but I had so many things in my head at the time that I completely forgot. Sorry once again, man...I feel embarassed to have forgotten it, and when the new album comes out, I'm sure there will be another chance to talk to one of the guys in the band again. Hopefully then I can redeem myself.

Here's a still of the interview yesterday:

It’s all good man. Don’t feel bad. Probably I would have messed the interview LOL.
The things happens for a reason.
Now move your ass and transcribe that thing as fast as you can so we can share it with everyone.

Offline YtseJam

• EZBoard Elder
  • Your mom
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2018, 06:03:23 PM »
I would love to address Derek's comments with Jordan, but it has to be done well...and even Derek, when I interviewed him for the second time, backed up from his statements.

Whatchoo talkin bout Willis?

Offline Sebastián Pratesi

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2018, 06:41:38 PM »
I would love to address Derek's comments with Jordan, but it has to be done well...and even Derek, when I interviewed him for the second time, backed up from his statements.

Not sure if it's the same thing, but: last year (or was it this one?), Derek tweeted some comments making subtle jokes about Jordan's style or the band in general. Maybe that's what Rodrigo (or Willis :P) was talkin bout.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2018, 06:47:52 PM »

Not sure if it's the same thing, but: last year (or was it this one?), Derek tweeted some comments making subtle jokes about Jordan's style or the band in general. Maybe that's what Rodrigo (or Willis :P) was talking bout.

Exactly this. Derek made a lot of comments about not using cheesy apps on the Sons of Apollo album, and that was a direct jab at Jordan.

By the way, for those that haven't seen it, here's the interview: https://lotsofmuzic.weebly.com/home/dream-theaters-jordan-rudess-in-our-new-album-well-go-back-to-the-roots-and-the-core-sound-of-the-band?fbclid=IwAR16vVesZWUO3MphXx05cHe-RRHSnq60hdTsHRLaYOJsBvXbtYrkuL211O8