A Touch Away
1 (25%)
Hey Cisco
3 (75%)
Somebody Stole My Guitar
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: September 20, 2018, 10:42:50 PM

Author Topic: DEEP PURPLE Survivor 2018 - Purpendicular - round 4  (Read 467 times)

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
DEEP PURPLE Survivor 2018 - Purpendicular - round 4
« on: September 19, 2018, 10:42:50 PM »
SURVIVOR 2018
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15. PURPENDICULAR(1996)

[centerPurpendicular is the fifteenth studio album by Deep Purple. Released in 1996, it is their first album with guitarist from Dixie Dregs Steve Morse, who replaced Ritchie Blackmore; Blackmore, meanwhile, resurrected Rainbow and released the album Stranger in Us All.
It was recorded at Greg Rike Productions, Orlando, Florida, February to October 1995 and engineered by Darren Schneider and Keith Andrews. It had a more experimental approach than previous albums. The arrangement to "The Aviator", for example, employed an acoustic folk/country arrangement that had not been heard on the band's previous work. Several of the songs, such as "Vavoom: Ted the Mechanic" featured smaller keyboard parts, and mainly center on the guitar parts. Another new addition to the guitar playing was the use of pinch harmonics, very notably used on "Vavoom: Ted the Mechanic" and "Somebody Stole My Guitar". "Sometimes I Feel Like Screaming" and "Vavoom: Ted the Mechanic" remained regular features in Deep Purple's live setlist in recent tours.
Like the title of the band's following album, Abandon, Purpendicular is a pun; in this case, based on the band's name and the word "Perpendicular".
Contents [/center]

IAN GILLIAN - vocals
STEVE MORSE - guitar
JON LORD - organ, keyboards
ROGER GLOVER - bass, vocals
IAN PAICE - drums

3RD ROUND RESULTS:
Vavoom: Ted The Mechanic - 0 (0%)
Loosen My Strings - 0 (0%)
Soon Forfotten - 0 (0%)
Sometimes I Feel Like Screaming - 0 (0%)
Cascades: I'm Not Your Lover - 0 (0%)
Rosa's Cantina - 0 (0%)
A Touch Away - 0 (0%)
Hey Cisco - 1 (25%)
Somebody Stole My Guitar - 1 (25%)
The Purpendicular Waltz - 2 (50%)

9.  :huh:
10. The Purpendicular Waltz
11. A Castle Full Of Rascals
12. The Aviator
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's hard to pick from now on, and it won't be easier...Hey Cisco seems to be a good choice...

Offline Mladen

Re: DEEP PURPLE Survivor 2018 - Purpendicular - round 4
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 05:16:08 AM »
I completely agree. Looks like we're on the same page with this album.  ;D