Author Topic: Your top 10 METAL albums of all time(including Dream Theater)!  (Read 5806 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Your top 10 METAL albums of all time(including Dream Theater)!
« Reply #140 on: September 21, 2018, 04:47:53 AM »
At least someone mentioned Winger, so this thread is kinda legit.  :biggrin:

:facepalm:
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Heavy Metal Hippie

« Reply #141 on: September 21, 2018, 05:25:43 AM »
At least someone mentioned Winger, so this thread is kinda legit.  :biggrin:

You're welcome.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #142 on: September 21, 2018, 09:46:20 AM »
So, looking back at The TAC Top 50 Thread from 6 years ago, I don't think anything has changed. Since we're talking Metal, I'm going to remove bands like Dream Theater, Rush, MSG, Thin Lizzy, and Alice Cooper.

2. Helloween-Keeper Of The Seven Keys Pts 1&2

I can't separate these two either. They belong together. I think it was meant as a double album but they weren't allowed to release it that way, wasn't that right?
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #143 on: September 21, 2018, 09:59:50 AM »
So, looking back at The TAC Top 50 Thread from 6 years ago, I don't think anything has changed. Since we're talking Metal, I'm going to remove bands like Dream Theater, Rush, MSG, Thin Lizzy, and Alice Cooper.

I can't separate these two either. They belong together. I think it was meant as a double album but they weren't allowed to release it that way, wasn't that right?

Yup, record label didn't want them to do it. I believe it was 1993 when they were re-released as a double album package though.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #144 on: September 21, 2018, 01:23:31 PM »
I honestly don't remember the narrative that it was supposed to be a double album.

I do have the reissue double CD.

My issue with it is that they (and I'm totally pulling a Samsara here) but the fucked with the original track order for Part 2.

It is still amazing that Kiske was only 18 when he recorded Pt 1 and just 20 when he recorded Pt 2.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #145 on: September 21, 2018, 04:08:47 PM »

The Wikipedia entry for Pt. 1 says, "The band originally planned to release Keeper of the Seven Keys: Part I and Part II as a double album, but their record label refused, insisting that the albums be released separately. Much later in 2010, both albums were released together with bonus tracks."  But that statement is unsourced, and I didn't dig any deeper than Wikipedia.  Hard to imagine a relatively new band with a brand new singer would have reasonably expected to release a double album at that time.  If they had done that, it would have blown my head clean off, and I might regard it as the best album ever!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #146 on: September 21, 2018, 04:20:13 PM »
I was on that band when both albums came out, and read a lot of interviews with them at the time. Half of Pt. 2 isn't related to the Keepers narrative anyway.

I just don't remember anything said on the matter.