Author Topic: You're All Fantastic And Are Loved  (Read 1359 times)

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
You're All Fantastic And Are Loved
« on: September 13, 2018, 12:16:13 AM »
So after spending a few days pondering the meaning of life for the umpteenth time after having yet another friend succumb to depression or whatever is going on with them and end their life, I find myself flipping through the DTF pages to take my mind off things and have begun to remember the members here that are still here from way back when I "joined" (lurked, I didn't make an account for another year or so) in the pre-DTF.org days when only a handful or two (maybe down to one? in terms of active members?) remain, and those that aren't here anymore for whatever reason, known or not (and then an even more select few that lurk under hidden or guest status).

To those that were and still are that are going through a world of shit: You're all awesome in your own way, and no matter what you're going through, and how horribly hopeless it all may seem, one day the tide will turn, and you'll be glad you persevered; thing is, that sensation you feel, those that love you and are glad you're around will feel a wanting for that sensation ten fold the day that you leave their lives. People are fickle, insecure, and mostly selfishly self conscious. Until the day that they lose something that they truly do love, but were perhaps a bit too self absorbed to see it clearly. We've all done this and yet never seem to remember it whenever we need said attention...it's a horrible human facet full of irony. In a lot of cases, everyone thinks that they're looking at them, but they're looking at themselves. Except for that one kid in the back of class that thinks no one looks at them and wouldn't give a shit if they disappeared off the face of the Earth. And there's a lot of those kids out there, who are now teens, or adults.

Not a lot...sadly...but some of those kids end up finding solace on the internet like I did. With such a vast virtual landscape, most find ridicule, jokes that go way beyond joking, and all around embarrassment. Somehow, I stumbled here, where once I trolled and acted like a complete and utter douchebag. There were a few that pushed back (rightfully so), but the fact that so many of you embraced me still and kept me feeling welcome is truly astounding. The fact that I have absolutely zero social media and have less than zero needs to go back...and yet I still log on here once every couple days (most of the time, once a day) is a testament to the fact that this is a truly special place in the millions (billions? I don't know anymore) of websites out there.

I'm rambling at this point but I'm tired...despite the fact that all I've done is sleep. Push on, for the love of all that is hopeful in humanity, if you feel like giving up. For the sake of those that love you that you either don't even realize love you, or that you're hurting too much to see it. People can be horrible, but one promise that is absolute, truthful in every aspect, and one that will never become a lie: Someone out there loves you. Maybe they don't say it. Maybe they treat you bad, but again, people are fickle and forgetful: The moment you are gone, they will wish they held on to you and told you that they love you. If you feel like you haven't said this to someone and are not doing so for whatever reason in the god damn universe there is, do so as soon as you can.

My name is George Lucas and I love you and hope you stay around till you are an old, decrepit old person with poop in your diapers.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: You're All Fantastic And Are Loved
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 07:18:09 AM »
First of all George Lucas, may the force be with you.

Secondly,
hope you stay around till you are an old, decrepit old person with poop in your diapers.

You know Kingshmegland too?  ;D

Seriously, AMEN, BROTHER!!

That's a great post.

Everyone should say Hi to a handful of strangers each day.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 01:02:34 PM »
Great post dude. The tricky thing about depression or similar stuff is that people tend to purposely hide it very well by acting normal/happy. It's true man, I'm sure almost everyone here has at some point truly cared about someone in their lives but never said it to their face. I'm trying to make it a habit to show my appreciation towards people I care about and usually just straight up tell them. There's no harm in it, and if you truly feel that way, saying it out loud may just make someone's day. :)
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 01:16:24 PM »
Going through some pretty shitty personal stuff at the moment (not directly involving me, but I am affected) and after coming back from ProgPower where I basically found a home and family I never knew I had, this is an awesome post. Always found my 'place' in online communities and being able to confide in other cool people who are willing to take the time to hear someone out has been a blessing. Hell yeah, brother. Good feels in this thread. :metal
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 05:42:11 PM »
I saw the post this morning while at work and knew I had to put it aside until I got home. Great post man, stay strong.

I went through some pretty dark times when I was younger and luckily got out of it. Im sorry about your lost. I know what it feels like. Every now and then we need this kind of thread.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 09:46:59 PM »
Glad you peeps can get some good feels from it.  :heart :metal

Secondly,
hope you stay around till you are an old, decrepit old person with poop in your diapers.

I hated Star Wars for the first ten years of my life cause of the name.  :lol

Also daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn at the King (joking) jab.  :hat

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 04:46:14 AM »
It's TAC, you just brush it off. Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 06:07:59 AM »
Always love reading Tio Whore-Hey! posts.  Sadly, there aren't enough of them these days.   :sadpanda:   ;)

Too serious though.  Not enough cussing or drug smoking.  I was disappoint.  jk... :brohug: (we really need a good emote for that).
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2018, 07:29:43 AM »
Late to the thread but I love you man.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2018, 07:35:04 AM »
Wonderful post and thread! I frequent one other internet forum besides DTF, and it often serves as a reminder of just how great a community DTF is. Do people butt heads every so often? Sure, but discussions are usually friendly and respectful. This is a great place to be, and I feel honored to be a member with you fine people!
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline T-ski

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2018, 07:36:17 AM »
seriously thought it was going to be a Vlasto Day thread.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2018, 08:11:21 AM »

Secondly,

Seriously, AMEN, BROTHER!!

That's a great post.

Everyone should say Hi to a handful of strangers each day.

That's what my Tighty Whities are for.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2018, 12:53:15 PM »
Sorry to hear about your friend Tio. Suicide is such a weird thing to deal with. I've said it before here somewhere where I used to view those who committed suicide as selfish a-holes who only cared about themselves. Now being middle aged and having dealt with life a bit....my own anxiety and moments of depression and just having a bit of 'life' experience.....I know that is FAR from the case. I can't fathom getting to the point where suicide is the only option left on the table....but, I think that reaching that conclusion for yourself means that there has been a lot of trauma and hopelessness. 

Having spent the past few weeks...maybe month or two...can't really remember.....away from most of my 'online' realms....including DTF....I can honestly say that this forum in particular means something to me. It's odd....because I've only met a few members in person, but having been on here now for some 8 years you do develop bonds and friendships with members. I found myself really 'missing' whatever 'it' is that this forum provides. It's a social gathering but it's also a bit more because there are quite a few people on here of who's opinion I greatly value....even those who I find myself disagreeing with. I've come to count on the banter...the advice and the push back from all of you guys.

But your original OP Tio makes some great points....of which is making sure that those you love and hold close to your heart know just how much they mean to you. To tell them that as much as possible because there are no promises that we will see tomorrow.

Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2018, 07:39:04 PM »
Nice to see you back here at these parts Gary.

And fwiw, it was almost exactly 2 months.  :biggrin:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2018, 07:48:08 PM »

THIS!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2018, 08:05:13 PM »
That post was a great read.  I have zero social media also, and besides a sports forum I play fantasy (Aussie football and NFL) which I'm pretty active on, this is my social media, if that makes sense.  I feel I connect with a lot of friends on here than I do with anyone I come in contact with in real life.  Frustrating that the people you want to have a scotch with are on different sides of the world, but blessed I can call them friends and have met them here.  This is somewhat my sanctuary and has been for a long time. I really appreciate this place and everyone here, it's just amazing. 

Been through my own struggles over the years as a lot of us do, but you are right George, perseverance and keeping your head up is really the only way to go.  There are a lot of people doing it tougher than I ever will in the world so embracing what you have and people you come in contact with is important and something we all take for granted.

Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2018, 08:26:56 PM »

And fwiw, it was almost exactly 2 months.  :biggrin:

missed the place a lot but needed to decompress a bit. May need more drastic measures to vent if my Blues keep playing the way they've been playing  >:(

THIS!

:tup 
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind