Author Topic: I did an Arabian Shred Metal Dance track in Phrygian Dominant  (Read 1146 times)

Offline ddtonfire

I did an Arabian Shred Metal Dance track in Phrygian Dominant
« on: August 29, 2018, 04:25:24 PM »
I like genre blending so I thought I'd blend some dance with guitar in an Arabic key and this is what came out. Turn it up and let me know what you think!

https://soundcloud.com/perfect-second/persian-gates

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
Re: I did an Arabian Shred Metal Dance track in Phrygian Dominant
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 06:04:16 PM »
I'm not sure why I listened to this. I don't usually click on music people post, not for any reason other then I tend not to be interested... That was dope! Cool style mashup and well played. Now I kinda wanna hear what else you got lol.

Offline ddtonfire

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 10:48:55 PM »
Hey thanks a ton!

I do have other music: https://soundcloud.com/perfect-second Some stuff kinda like the track I posted, other more proggy, other more poppy. Hope you enjoy!!

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 06:43:22 AM »
I listed to the song in the OP last night and really enjoyed it. I thought it sounded much like something Satch would write (but never has). I mean that in the best possible way.  :tup
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline ddtonfire

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 01:50:43 PM »
Thanks Podaar! "Devil's Slide" from Engines of Creation was actually a big influence on this track, so that means a lot to me!

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 01:42:41 AM »
Loved it. I’m a sucker for the Middle Eastern sound. I can thank Richie Blackmore for that.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2020, 11:28:50 AM »
Wow, I really enjoyed that!  Thats some great guitar playing man..  :metal
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP