Author Topic: California Earthquakes  (Read 3475 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: California Earthquakes
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2019, 09:56:11 AM »
I find it disturbing how long it took them to respond.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2019, 10:23:20 AM »
Just had a 4.6 and 3.5 around 200am this morning. Was sleeping of course but swear I woke up enough to realize something was happening before I fell back asleep.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline pg1067

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2019, 11:13:54 AM »
Tim,

When you go to Disneyland, if you see the people in the below video, run the other way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RBWuYFeg9Y

This is so ridiculous.

The car ride home must have been fun....

It took about 3 minutes.  That's pretty good if you ask me.

Yeah...saw that Disneyland clip the other day.  How sad for all the kids around there having their special day ruined.  Where the hell was security??  So much for "The Happiest Place on Earth"

Don't get me started on Disneyland.  That place reached a point about 20 years ago where it just sucked.  I went there all the time as a kid.  By the time I hit my teen years, the "Disney" aesthetic held no appeal to me, and I was all about Magic Mountain, which had way better roller coasters.  I went there a few times with my now wife in 90s, and it was not clean, it was overcrowded, and it was before they finally banned smoking.  Once we had kids, we started going again, but by that point, the prices were so out of control that the crowds weren't worth it.  For a while, my wife and kids had Southern California Saver passes (which, at the time, cost about $125, but which now cost $400!) that were basically only good on weekdays during the school year, which was fine for a couple years, but I haven't been since (I think) 2007, and I don't miss it in the slightest.  I'd be interested to check out the new Star Wars whatchahoozit, but really have zero interest in paying $100+ to deal with the crowds (if I wanted to go tomorrow, it would cost $149!).
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2019, 11:29:25 AM »
With the amount of shear manpower and cameras their security team must have, 3 minutes is still a bit much.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2019, 11:41:24 AM »
Never been to Disney Land, but I'm sure it's not much different than Disney World where I went last year and its super expensive and hectic, but honestly, I saw lots of security around, I would think 3 minutes might have been a little slow personally.  As one comment stated "if someone lit a cigarette the security would have been quicker"  :lol 

As for my experience last year, I really enjoyed it personally but I couldn't see myself going back anytime soon.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2019, 11:44:03 AM »
I'm sure if I stood in the middle of ToonTown and whipped out my dick, they'd be on me in less than 2 minutes.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2019, 12:24:39 PM »
I'm sure if I stood in the middle of ToonTown and whipped out my dick, they'd be on me in less than 2 minutes.

But wouldn't that require someone to see it?  :biggrin:

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2019, 01:08:50 PM »

Agreed. It's not like these kinds of fights break out in Disneyland on a regular basis to where the SWAT team is on stand-by 20 feet away waiting swarm.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2019, 01:12:32 PM »

But wouldn't that require someone to see it?  :biggrin:

Oh I have stories

Mt GF's best friend is my ex's cousin. The cousin and my ex and I lived with each other for a while (when we were together).

One day a few years ago, the cousin came up to me and just randomly said "I am so SICK of hearing about what you're packing" and grabbed my junk through my jeans.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2019, 01:12:59 PM »
About 20 seconds into the video I half expected them to break into choreographed dance or something.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2019, 01:15:04 PM »
Honestly would have loved to see the brawl go inside toontown's houses, full WWE style with tables and ladders and chairs.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2019, 01:29:21 PM »
Honestly would have loved to see the brawl go inside toontown's houses, full WWE style with tables and ladders and chairs.

AS GOD AS MY WITNESS, HE IS BROKEN IN HALF!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline pg1067

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2019, 01:43:10 PM »
With the amount of shear manpower and cameras their security team must have, 3 minutes is still a bit much.

I'm not familiar with the manpower numbers for D-land's security team, so....

Agreed. It's not like these kinds of fights break out in Disneyland on a regular basis to where the SWAT team is on stand-by 20 feet away waiting swarm.

Yup.

Frankly, I'm a bit skeptical about the video given the name of the YouTube channel that posted it.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2019, 02:17:24 PM »
That was national news the other day, the video is legit I believe. It's sad how real that is.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2019, 09:04:56 PM »
There was an earthquake in Washington state today.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2019, 09:18:35 AM »
There was an earthquake in Washington state today.
Yep, and probably many more to come.  Hopefully not Cascadia subduction zone..  :eek :eek
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP