Author Topic: Rob Fenn Along for the Ride book - Did anyone order it?  (Read 13566 times)

Offline Madman Shepherd

Re: Rob Fenn Along for the Ride book - Did anyone order it?
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2018, 10:30:59 AM »
Sweet!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2018, 09:31:39 AM »
:tup
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2018, 09:38:54 AM »
Thats good you got your refund.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2018, 09:43:43 AM »
I believe we have gotten all the outstanding ones resolved that I was aware of.  But if there is anyone else still hanging out there, please let me know.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline KISS 76

« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2018, 02:59:13 PM »
Hey there. I've been on vacation and not had access to my email. I did receive from Rob regarding a refund, store credit or two DT signed prints. I've asked for a refund. Hopefully it won't take too long to process. Thanks to all who have worked behind the scenes to persuade Rob to make good.

Offline KISS 76

« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2018, 03:10:20 PM »
bosk1. I'm still awaiting my refund after all this time... :angry: They did get back to me with either store credit or refund but as I cancelled my original credit card that I placed my order on I asked that they Refund with Paypal. They agreed and said it may take some time to process. It's been 5 weeks now and I'm guessing that they just want me to go away.

Offline KISS 76

« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2019, 01:45:04 AM »
The Thieving asshole still has not issued my refund!

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2019, 09:47:04 AM »
Maybe you should try calling him directly. Keep the pressure on.

Offline Wilma

« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2019, 10:45:41 AM »
Hi, as I can see I am not the only one out there having the same issue........ Shortly: My boyfriend ordered DT photo book in NOVEMBER
 2017 and till now - AUGUST 2019  :censored :tdwn  nothing happened!! No book, no refunds, and almost no response to my emails and messages.....!! In DECEMBER 2018  I sent a message to Rob via his facebook.. his reply was: "I will check on this, all refunds have been sent to my knowledge. What is the best email to reach you at? Also, did you receive your canvas print with the pre order? -Rob"  and I replied: "We have not received anything, just an e-mail with confirmed order which is getting to be shipped, that was on December 17th, 2017... LOL" ----- and still, nothing happened... TODAY I sent another email to store@robfenn.com and to Rob directly ..I am starting to be pretty pissed off.. so I will wait few days and if nothing happens, I will contact DT management or I donīt know what to do.. Book cost $40.00, and shipping $83.05 so thatīs a lot of money! What a shame, the book should have been my Xmas 2017 gift....

« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 12:01:25 PM by Wilma »

Offline Wilma

« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2019, 12:12:20 PM »
Also - another email to Rob on April 2018 was: "Hi, it has been almost four months and the merchandise has still not arrived --- Rob replied: The Dream Theater book is in production. Did you receive the print with your pre order?" --- so this is quite strange  :huh:

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2019, 12:22:43 PM »
Thanks for posting, Wilma.  Last I heard, the book was canceled, as I posted above.  Either something has changed, or Rob is not being straight with you.  I will check and see if I can get any answers.

Offline Wilma

« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2019, 03:57:55 AM »
Thanks so much bosk1... I know that the book has never been made, but why the heck it takes so long to get refund or why it is so difficult to get some answer? I just donīt get this attitude  :tdwn :facepalm: anyway I just hope I will get money back till the end of this year LOL
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 04:26:13 AM by Wilma »

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2019, 09:40:32 AM »
Here is the official word from DT management:  The book is not going forward, and Mr. Fenn should be issuing refunds to anyone who prepaid.  If he is not honoring that, please let me know.

^This has not changed.  If anyone out there is still dealing with him, please let me know. 

Offline KISS 76

« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2019, 01:59:32 AM »
Here is the official word from DT management:  The book is not going forward, and Mr. Fenn should be issuing refunds to anyone who prepaid.  If he is not honoring that, please let me know.

^This has not changed.  If anyone out there is still dealing with him, please let me know.

Hi bosk1. I still have not received a refund and all to him emails have been ignored.
The credit card that I originally ordered with all those years ago has been cancelled so I'm hoping he could just man up and refund via Paypal or some other means... This thing has totally left a stain on what should have been a great book.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2019, 02:36:41 AM »
It sounds like criminal proceedings should be filed against this man.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2019, 10:04:50 AM »
Yeah, at what point does this become a legal issue. The man is a thief
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline pg1067

« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2019, 10:39:33 AM »
Yeah, at what point does this become a legal issue. The man is a thief

When one goes to the guy's website, it is titled "Rob Fenn, Inc."  I therefore suspect the contracts for the purchase of the book were made between the buyers and a corporation, not the individual.  However, anyone who feels aggrieved is more than free to report the matter to the police in Payson, Utah (where the company's listed address is located) or, since the sales apparently occurred on the internet, to the FBI.  I suspect, however, that none will take any interest in a situation that appears to involve no more than half a dozen unfulfilled orders ("it's a civil matter").  Also, failure to perform a contract isn't, by itself, a crime.  Anyone who has been aggrieved can file suit in small claims court, although it may not be cost effective to do so given the very small amounts involved.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline KISS 76

« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2019, 05:16:55 PM »
After everything is said and done. I don't blame the band at all.
Obviously something was not right for the whole photo book thing not to happen.

Offline Wilma

« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2019, 04:51:16 AM »
Hello, Is there any update regarding this?? Does anyone know something? Itīs going to be almost 2 years since I ordered this book and to be honest I am pretty pissed of now..  I am going to contact DT management directly, because what is enough that is enough. I know that all shame is on that damned Fenn, but DT should start do to something about this... I would not be bothered if the price would be low, but 124 dollars is quite a lot for me. Whole situation is just absurd and dissapointing, what else to say.... howgh
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 06:51:06 AM by Wilma »

Offline pg1067

« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2019, 10:07:26 AM »
Hello, Is there any update regarding this?? Does anyone know something? Itīs going to be almost 2 years since I ordered this book and to be honest I am pretty pissed of now..  I am going to contact DT management directly, because what is enough that is enough. I know that all shame is on that damned Fenn, but DT should start do to something about this... I would not be bothered if the price would be low, but 124 dollars is quite a lot for me. Whole situation is just absurd and dissapointing, what else to say.... howgh

Like what?  I've gotten the sense from Bosk's posts in this thread, that DT's management has tried to put pressure on Fenn, but there's not much they can do beyond making phone calls and sending emails.  DT has no ability to take legal action on behalf of its fans and certainly has no good reason to spend its own money giving refunds to people who got ripped off by Fenn.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Wilma

« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2019, 01:43:09 PM »

Like what?  I've gotten the sense from Bosk's posts in this thread, that DT's management has tried to put pressure on Fenn, but there's not much they can do beyond making phone calls and sending emails.  DT has no ability to take legal action on behalf of its fans and certainly has no good reason to spend its own money giving refunds to people who got ripped off by Fenn.
Well I really donīt know  ??? but there was maybe some agreement between DT and Fenn when he said he is going to make DT book like that? I just try to get back my money after two years. Or should I just say "Naah ok Rob, itīs really ok, you can keep my 124 dollars for nothing" lol  :lol :yeahright I am sure there must be some way how to get refunds. What Fenn did is called fraud and he should be sued for that.  :police:

Offline pg1067

« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2019, 03:31:01 PM »

Well I really donīt know  ??? but there was maybe some agreement between DT and Fenn when he said he is going to make DT book like that? I just try to get back my money after two years. Or should I just say "Naah ok Rob, itīs really ok, you can keep my 124 dollars for nothing" lol  :lol :yeahright I am sure there must be some way how to get refunds. What Fenn did is called fraud and he should be sued for that.  :police:

You're changing the subject from what DT can or ought to do (if anything).  If DT has an agreement with Fenn, I don't know what it says, so I don't know if it would provide the band any standing to do anything about this situation (beyond making calls and sending emails), but I doubt it does.

As I posted a couple months ago, the contracting party is likely Rob Fenn, Inc., not Rob Fenn the individual.  Also, the mere failure to perform under a contract, without more, is not a crime.  You wrote that Fenn or his corporation "should be sued," and you're more than free to do that.  Perhaps you can organize some of the others who have been screwed over and pool your resources to hire a lawyer (at least to send a nasty letter).

It's a risk you take by sending a relative unknown a bunch of money for something that's not going to be delivered until a while down the road.  For example, a dozen or so years ago, when I sent Rich Wilson (or whoever it was) $80 for a first edition of the not-yet-written or published Lifting Shadows book, I took a risk that the book might never get completed or published and I might never get my money back.  And I knew it would be cost-prohibitive to sue since Wilson is English.

I'm not saying you're not reasonably pissed off, but it's not the band's fault, and your recourse is limited under the circumstances.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2019, 03:57:52 PM »
Bosk1 did contact the management about this and they were able to help a couple of people with their Fenn issues. Maybe bosk can chime in again and see if there's anything that can be done. IIRC, one of the parties got a signed poster by the band from Fenn's stock in exchange. 

Offline KISS 76

« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2019, 03:02:22 AM »

With shipping to Australia I'm out $169.40 USD. Bosk1 did contact me a while back and mentioned that the band were working behind the scenes to try to help out the fans who were stung by Fenn..

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2019, 05:54:50 AM »

As I posted a couple months ago, the contracting party is likely Rob Fenn, Inc., not Rob Fenn the individual. 

Sometimes a corporation is literally just a business set up by an individual. I suspect that this Corporation is just Rob Fenn himself

Offline Wilma

« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2019, 09:33:05 AM »

You're changing the subject from what DT can or ought to do (if anything).  If DT has an agreement with Fenn, I don't know what it says, so I don't know if it would provide the band any standing to do anything about this situation (beyond making calls and sending emails), but I doubt it does.

As I posted a couple months ago, the contracting party is likely Rob Fenn, Inc., not Rob Fenn the individual.  Also, the mere failure to perform under a contract, without more, is not a crime.  You wrote that Fenn or his corporation "should be sued," and you're more than free to do that.  Perhaps you can organize some of the others who have been screwed over and pool your resources to hire a lawyer (at least to send a nasty letter).

It's a risk you take by sending a relative unknown a bunch of money for something that's not going to be delivered until a while down the road.  For example, a dozen or so years ago, when I sent Rich Wilson (or whoever it was) $80 for a first edition of the not-yet-written or published Lifting Shadows book, I took a risk that the book might never get completed or published and I might never get my money back.  And I knew it would be cost-prohibitive to sue since Wilson is English.

I'm not saying you're not reasonably pissed off, but it's not the band's fault, and your recourse is limited under the circumstances.
First I would like to say, that I never said this is a bandīs fault! Then.. the book has been ordered by my boyfriend, and how the hell he could knew that the book does not exist (or will never be produced), the book was available on Fennīs online store. If I would live in USA I would do more than writing here and there etc., (I would find him and kill him)  :rollin :rollin :rollin (joking) but damn this is just ridicilous! Fenn is an idiot, I do not understand why he put something on his online store if he knew it will never be produced? And if it is NOT produced, then he should return all money! I think it is a normal thing to do. My bf wanted to give me a gift, so of course he paid before a delivery, because there was no other option and I bet he never imagined it will become an issue like this. I just wonder what kind of person Fenn is, he is quite famous guy in US or isnīt he?? How he sleeps at night? P.S.: He wrote me on December 2018 "I will check on this, all refunds have been sent to my knowledge. What is the best email to reach you at? Also, did you receive your canvas print with the pre order? -Rob" That was his last response.. of course no refunds or canvas print have been sent. I spoke with "bosk1" too, still no updates, so I tried to ask here again.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2019, 10:02:40 AM »

As I posted a couple months ago, the contracting party is likely Rob Fenn, Inc., not Rob Fenn the individual. 

Sometimes a corporation is literally just a business set up by an individual. I suspect that this Corporation is just Rob Fenn himself

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Fenn is the sole shareholder, officer and director, but that doesn't change the reality that a corporation is a separate legal entity from its shareholder(s).

I just wonder what kind of person Fenn is, he is quite famous guy in US or isnīt he?

I'd never heard of him before this thread was started, and I've never heard of him outside the context of this situation.

Offline Wilma

« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2019, 01:52:31 PM »
Ok here is an update..  :rollin It happened while ago. I sent personal message & I posted comment on Fennīs  facebook profile.. I am sure he was not proud of that truthful comment so he deleted it...  :lol Also I noticed a comment from two guys on his page that they ordered something few weeks/months ago via Fenn store and that nothing happened and that no one is answering their email... I joined those two guys and said I have an issue too... After few minutes Fenn replied there " Looking it up now.:lol and he also replied to my personal message: "All books have been refunded to my knowledge. Do you have your email and order # from when you pre ordered? This book is not being released is why we refunded everyone." --  :facepalm: I have sent to him all details two or three times already... So I thanked him for his message  :hefdaddy  :lol and sent him printscreen of my order..... now I am waiting again...After my experiences with this guy  I assume that I will have to wait another year or so for another stupid response like that... which will lead nowhere.. again.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2019, 03:28:38 PM »
Keep hounding him. Sometimes that's the only way to get what you want. They get so annoyed they say, "Fine, take your money back!"