Author Topic: Everything Everything  (Read 562 times)

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
Everything Everything
« on: July 22, 2018, 12:41:12 AM »
Anyone into these guys? I've been totally addicted to them for a few months now.

They are a pop band with lots of modern stylistics going on. But really clever, detailed songs. Fascinating lyrics. Very unique vocals. More progressive than any prog band I've heard for decades.

They've done four albums. I've not heard the debut and don't especially fancy it based on what I've read but Arc, Get To Heaven and Fever Dream are amazing.

No Reptiles was the first song i heard and it immediately grabbed my attention. That album (get to heaven) is very dark and scary indeed, as it's all about recent terror incidents but is wrapped in a very modern pop surface.

Highly recommend.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
Re: Everything Everything
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 03:21:24 AM »
Their last two albums are great! I've yet to really dive into the first two but savored something good hopefully. :)

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 03:36:11 AM »
Their latest is absolutely excellent. Been listening since their first album (I think I got sent a song in a roulette) and all their albums are solid, but Fever Dream was the first one that made me think "wow, this is awesome".

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 08:59:18 AM »
Yes, I've been a fan since 2010 when a bunch of their singles were being ballyhooed on 1 of the sites I would go to.

Steven Wilson mentioned being a fan later that summer.

Man Alive came out a few months later and ended up in my Top 20 albums of 2010.

Arc came out in 2013, and I enjoyed a lot of it, although I felt it wasn't as good as Man Alive. I probably need to revisit it again as I likely would enjoy it more than I did back then.

2015 Get to Heaven came out and blew me away, and I still consider it their best. The 1st 6 tracks are like an energy wave.

Fever Dream came out in 2017 and I enjoy a lot of it, although not quite as much as Get to Heaven. The title track though is amazing with the repeated echoing vocals and the melancholy nature to it.

Also it didn't hurt how they reminded me in some ways of fellow British band Foals having a playful/poppy-mathrock style..

« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 09:09:51 AM by SoundscapeMN »