Author Topic: RIP Neil Simon....  (Read 858 times)

Offline jammindude

RIP Neil Simon....
« on: August 26, 2018, 04:25:33 PM »
Writer of The Odd Couple and SO MANY other classic comedies.   RIP.   :'(

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/26/entertainment/neil-simon-playwright-dies/index.html
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: RIP Neil Simon....
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 05:00:33 PM »
Love the work he did with Garfunkel.

But seriously... I always enjoyed the TV series Odd Couple more than the movie, and preferred Tony Randall's Felix to Jack Lemmon's. Walter Matthau and Jack Klugman aced Oscar in their own ways.

Can't comment on other individual works here but appreciate the legacy and contributions to film, TV, and theater.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline masterthes

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 08:32:49 AM »
Rumors is one of the funniest plays in existence and I'll always have a soft spot for Brighton Beach Memoirs

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 10:29:56 AM »
As a community theater actor, I've been in two of his plays (The Odd Couple - Female Version and Barefoot in the Park). And Rumors is definitely a bucket list show I want to do. I have the utmost respect for Simon's plays and hope he rests in peace. 91 is a good long life, good for him.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 11:26:37 AM »
RIP
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White