Author Topic: Night Verses  (Read 572 times)

Offline WebRaider

• Like What You Like, People...
Night Verses
« on: July 19, 2018, 01:28:02 AM »
Searched but couldn't find a thread for this band. They are a 3 piece progressive metal/experimental, atmospheric/post-metal instrumental outfit currently but have material out with a singer in the past. They recently released a new album, From The Gallery of Sleep (June 29th) that seems to be quite well received. As noted it's an instrumental work, but its not -wankiness- it really carries you on a journey. I came across high praise on some sites where I found it odd to have rated a progressive metal band's album so highly; so I checked it out and was extremely impressed.

They just released a video for the killer song "Vice Wave". 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QJlQuMsSrE

You can also check out the stream for From The Gallery of Sleep here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ORztImWsZk&list=PL-XbTEkQt3Tah15ba0Ft2cEIibE0ULJ2A&index=1

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
Re: Night Verses
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 02:27:18 AM »
Really solid stuff. Maybe a bit much to take in at first, with those fast AAL-style slapping guitars, but there's enough to it besides those moments. Will check out the album for sure, thanks for the recommendation. :tup
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
Re: Night Verses
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 09:09:07 AM »
listened to both this album and one of their previous albums recently, think i preferred when they weren't instrumental but their style appeals to me in general so i dunno