Author Topic: Bands where your favorite song is on their final (or most recent) album  (Read 2106 times)

Offline Fritzinger

I just thought of another one:

Beardfish - I We Must Be Apart (A Love Story Continued)

Beardfish have released many great songs (in fact, And The Stone Said: If I Could Speak is not far behind the above mentioned), but this one might be my favorite. The story that Rikard sings touches me. Although I have not experience anything like this (duh), I can somehow relate. Every time I finish this song and reading the lyrics at the same time, it sends shivers down my spine... Such a haunting story.

It's a pity that they disbanded.

Fantastic song!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 05:42:45 AM by Fritzinger »
any rock can be made to roll

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I'm totally on board with Kaleidoscope and Syncrhonicity II.  With After Forever, my choice would be Energize me or Equally Destructive.

What else?? ...

Triosphere - The Heart's Dominion (though, only 3 albums)
Kingcrow - If Only
Avantasia - Let The Storm Descend Upon You (though, it's really tied with The Scarecrow and Wicked Symphony)
Teramaze - An Ordinary Dream
Cloudscape - In Silence We Scream
Primal Fear - We Walk Without Fear
Silent Force - Caught in Their Wicked Game
Fates Warning - The Light and Shade of Things
Seventh Wonder - The Angelmaker
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Tool- wings for marie part 1 is up there as one of my favorite tool songs. The slow build, the atmosphere, the eerie tone. I love it all

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I'm totally on board with Kaleidoscope and Syncrhonicity II. 

Totally agree about Synchronicity II.  That has always been my favorite Police song.  :tup :tup

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
^
I'll go with 'King of Pain'

The Eagles have an album from 2007 Long Road Out Of Eden
[/quote]

You got me on that.  I'll also be honest in saying I've never heard any of the tracks. 
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I was never that big on King of Pain.  Synchronicity was the first vinyl I ever owned (not counting singles on 45's), and I know every song on it like the back of my hand, but King of Pain was the one I was never overly fond of. I like it more than I used to, but it's still never a song I would never listen to on its own (always in the flow of the record, like Mother).

Offline Fritzinger

^
I'll go with 'King of Pain'

The Eagles have an album from 2007 Long Road Out Of Eden

You got me on that.  I'll also be honest in saying I've never heard any of the tracks.
[/quote]

Long Road Out Of Eden is a great album in my opinion!! I love most of the songs on there and although Don Felder doesn't play on there, it has some great instrumental sections.
any rock can be made to roll

Offline Peter Mc

Not 100% on this but Empire Of The Clouds is possibly my favourite Maiden song. Bit too early for me to say anything off the new Ghost album but I do love pretty much everything on it.

I would also say that Broken Sky/Long Day (Reprise) is quite possibly my favourite Neal Morse song.