Author Topic: There's a special place in Hell for <X>.  (Read 9162 times)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Re: There's a special place in Hell for <X>.
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2018, 08:55:41 AM »
All negativity towards Comic Sans reminds me of this classic Achewood strip
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline v_clortho

• Keymaster of Gozer
  • King of DTF
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2018, 10:03:36 AM »
People who reserve a spot in the parking ramp with an orange cone.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2018, 11:04:25 AM »
People who decide to pull out into traffic that is moving 45-55 mph from a side street......at the last second.....that forces those in the fast moving street to pump the brakes and avoid hitting them. Because it seems like now it's become the drivers responsibility in the 'fast' moving lanes to avoid violently colliding into the idiots that choose to just pull out into the lanes with no concern about the traffic

I see you've been to Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2018, 11:28:21 AM »

People who decide to pull out into traffic that is moving 45-55 mph from a side street......at the last second.....that forces those in the fast moving street to pump the brakes and avoid hitting them. Because it seems like now it's become the drivers responsibility in the 'fast' moving lanes to avoid violently colliding into the idiots that choose to just pull out into the lanes with no concern about the traffic

Yeah I hate that. To go one step further, when they pull out and make NO attempt to actually accelerate up to the speed of traffic. So here I am going 55 (the actual speed limit) and they pull out and do 15 mph... and casually accelerate, taking their sweet ass time. Again, a case where you have to slam on your breaks and pray the person behind you doesn't smash in to you.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2018, 12:17:56 PM »
People in a check out line using their debit card and do not remember their pin number

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2018, 12:28:56 PM »
People in a check out line using their debit card and do not remember their pin number

Yes. Or people in a check out line counting out the exact change and/or searching for coins. Or especially the couponers who hold up the line because they absolutely have to save that 70 cents on hand soap and they'll be god damned if the cashier does not honor it
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2018, 12:35:57 PM »

Yeah I hate that. To go one step further, when they pull out and make NO attempt to actually accelerate up to the speed of traffic. So here I am going 55 (the actual speed limit) and they pull out and do 15 mph... and casually accelerate, taking their sweet ass time. Again, a case where you have to slam on your breaks and pray the person behind you doesn't smash in to you.

Yep. It's almost hand in hand. Those people that choose to pull into traffic like that rarely if ever are in much of a hurry to get up to speed with the traffic that is actually going the speed limit.

This 'trend' if you want to call it that has been happening more and more the past few years. i don't recall it being as rampant as it is right now at any other time in my career as a driver.....and I've been driving for 26 years.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2018, 12:39:01 PM »
Or people in a check out line counting out the exact change and/or searching for coins. Or especially the couponers who hold up the line because they absolutely have to save that 70 cents on hand soap and they'll be god damned if the cashier does not honor it

I don't have an issue with exact changers or couponers IF they're prepared. Especially the couponers. If you need to search for more than 10 seconds for exact change then you need to forfeit that thought and just hand them $1 more and be done. And, if you're wanting to coupon your way to a smaller bill then know what you're looking for....get it....and present the coupons. Don't decided to rummage through your wadded up coupons after all the items are scanned to 'see' if you have one or not.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2018, 12:42:50 PM »
I've said this one countless times....but it remains as one of my top all time pet peeves.

If you are taking more than say a minute.....two minutes TOPS at a drive up ATM then you need to be doing your business inside the bank. ATM's are for quick hit transactions.....grab some cash and go. I get that in some instances you need to deposit or what not but if your transaction is taking over a minute or two then that's something that needs to be done inside. Plan your day accordingly. I pride myself with less than a minute ATM stops....I'm in and out with no hold up to anyone else's day.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2018, 12:44:49 PM »

Yes. Or people in a check out line counting out the exact change and/or searching for coins. Or especially the couponers who hold up the line because they absolutely have to save that 70 cents on hand soap and they'll be god damned if the cashier does not honor it

exactly

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2018, 01:00:07 PM »
I've said this one countless times....but it remains as one of my top all time pet peeves.

If you are taking more than say a minute.....two minutes TOPS at a drive up ATM then you need to be doing your business inside the bank. ATM's are for quick hit transactions.....grab some cash and go. I get that in some instances you need to deposit or what not but if your transaction is taking over a minute or two then that's something that needs to be done inside. Plan your day accordingly. I pride myself with less than a minute ATM stops....I'm in and out with no hold up to anyone else's day.

Every time I go to the back there's a line at the drive up ATM. I always just go inside, grab my cash, and come out to find the line has advanced maybe one car. Though, since adopting Venmo, I almost never need cash anymore.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2018, 01:00:26 PM »

People writing checks at the checkout bugs me.  Get a damn bank card.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2018, 01:07:35 PM »
It's not even the writing of a check, but it's the writing the transaction down in the check register. And it's usually an old lady that writes less than three words per minute.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2018, 01:09:32 PM »
It's not even the writing of a check, but it's the writing the transaction down in the check register. And it's usually an old lady that writes less than three words per minute.

Exactly. Every time. I have no issues with someone writing a check, but finish that shit out in your car, not the checkout line.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2018, 01:09:51 PM »
What have you got against the 24th letter of the alphabet?

Offline jammindude

« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2018, 01:22:29 PM »
People who don't return their shopping carts to the corral.

:neverusethis:

Came here to say this.

First thing I thought of as well!  :rollin
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2018, 01:31:29 PM »

Well, yeah, I meant the whole checky thingy. :lol  No one ever goes to the car and balances the book.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2018, 02:14:57 PM »
People over the age of 17 who still listen to Kiss.

Unfriended. :lol

Ha. The way I see it, the other people in hell will need someone to point at and laugh.  Kiss fans fit the bill. :P

You're just jealous, you just need us there to keep you company.   Hater.  :) 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2018, 02:21:28 PM »

I had a funeral this  morning and I had to drive  on the Merritt Parkway, which is a two-lane (in either direction) high-speed highway (55 mile per hour speed limit) but it's an old-school, twisty highway, not built to the specs of an "Eisenhower Interstate".  So the off ramps, you need to decelerate even before you leave the highway (with little or no exit lane) and the on ramps require you to go from almost a complete stop to 55 in the right lane.    At least FOUR on ramps, I got beeped at by people in the on ramp because I, on the highway, moving at speed, didn't "yield" to the car at rolling speed with a clear yield sign.   WTF. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2018, 02:47:35 PM »
There's a special place in hell for people that put cats in garbage bags and then swing them into things.

This is a new one to me

I can't stand people who try to push to get off a plane before you, like before they even open the door to let anyone out. 

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2018, 02:58:14 PM »
The mean value of a variable.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2018, 07:20:52 PM »
There's probably a spot reserved for this person

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2018, 08:39:56 PM »

I got that. 

Finally. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2018, 08:59:36 PM »

Along these lines, these nitwits who go to the self check-out line at the grocery store with like 30-40 items.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2018, 10:34:08 PM »

Along these lines, these nitwits who go to the self check-out line at the grocery store with like 30-40 items.

Along the same idea, anyone who has been standing in line at a fast food restaurant and hasn't decided what they want until they get to the front of the line.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2018, 10:37:02 PM »
People who try to get on the train/bus before letting all the riders off.

People who order their coffee at Starbucks with more than 4 modifiers.

And most importantly, people who treat service industry employees like shit. Fuck them. Fuck them all.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2018, 11:03:25 PM »
Man, some awesome Seinfeld episodes in here, thanks for the smiles.

I think the one about COMIC SANS FONT is at the top of the pile.  It just has so much history to it for every person first learning how to make a web page as the go-to font other than Times New Roman... that, and the starfield background thinking their text will look like it's floating in space.

Just today I learned that there's a special place in Hell for Mr. Asshole speed-smoking 2 cigarettes before the bus arrives while having sprayed himself with an entire can of Axe before leaving the abode.  God dammit you stink.

As for cheque-writing (check-writing for Murricans), I thought stores stopped accepting them like 20 years ago?  At least up here people only seem to write cheques for bills or post-dated ones for things like daycare.  I haven't seen any retailer accept cheques in ages.  What's up with that?

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2018, 03:58:14 AM »

I got that. 

Finally. 

Glad someone did.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline jasc15

• TTAL: Yeti welcome
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2018, 05:50:30 AM »
People who drive with their dog in their lap.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2018, 06:21:44 AM »
Erasermate pens.

A lefty's nightmare.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2018, 07:34:59 AM »
Newscaster voice.  You know what I mean.   Newscaster voice.   

Unless it's my local anchor:

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2018, 12:57:46 PM »
People who don't practice movie theater etiquette.

I took my mom to see Infinity War and there was a whole row of young teens talking THE WHOLE GOD DAMN MOVIE. Multiple people, including myself, told them to shut up and they didn't care at all. Unfortunately this was Israel, so the staff didn't care much either.

But it happens in America too. People talking through out the movie, being on their phones, etc. BURN!

I once had a dude take selfies of himself watching the movie (with a straight face) the whole movie.

WITH THE GOD DAMN FLASH!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2018, 01:00:44 PM »
Selfies? With flash? That's a new one. I would have had words with that guy.

I think the *only* movie I've been to that did not have chatter was the midnight premiere of The Dark Knight. Could hear a pin drop on the other side of the room. But even in Infinity War, every time, the person next to me would not shut up... of course they had to explain everything to the person they were with, who knew nothing about the film  :censored

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2018, 01:17:45 PM »
Am I the only one that during movies AND concerts I forget that smartphones exist? I might take a quick photo with my phone to post online later (usually I do that with the empty stage before the show start), but that's it. If I'm at a movie or at a concert, I am unavailable for EVERYBODY, no exceptions. I won't even watch my phone if I feel it vibrating in my pocket during a song.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2018, 01:58:38 PM »
Is there such a thing as a special place in hell?  I mean...is that where all the "not so bad" people go as opposed to the general population?  :lol :rollin :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White