Author Topic: A DT 14 Album Title Scenario  (Read 4017 times)

Offline Anxiety35

Re: A DT 14 Album Title Scenario
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2018, 03:08:07 PM »
I don't care what the album title will be. Here are some of my thoughts on what the title could be.

"Egg Nog"
"Advanced Time Parameters"
"Wrote This in a Cabin"
"Cabin Fever for Five"
"Gnarly"
"No Need for a Napkin"
"Ladders to Fire"
"Pushpin"
"Bound by Time & Space"
"The 14"
"Wankery Stankery"
"Fools Don't Understand"
"Unchartered"
"Olive Branch"
"The Power of the Riff"
"Spoken For"
"Zenith"

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2018, 09:00:14 AM »
Not sure how or why this thread turned into a discussion bashing a particular band member and calling for his firing, but the offending posts have been deleted and warnings have been issued.  There was some legitimate, good discussion in some of those posts that is unfortunately lost as a result.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2018, 09:14:01 AM »
Not sure how or why this thread turned into a discussion bashing a particular band member and calling for his firing, but the offending posts have been deleted and warnings have been issued.  There was some legitimate, good discussion in some of those posts that is unfortunately lost as a result.

I don't recall ever saying anything worthy of a warning and yet I've received one without any quote of what I said, so I'm legitimately confused what I even did wrong. How am I supposed to avoid that behavior if I don't even know wtf I said that was so offensive? That is silly. There was indeed good discussion, and it is, unfortunately, lost. Now there's just confusion. I never called for anybody's firing.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2018, 09:20:16 AM »
I would feel a little down, but wouldn't mind either.

When they go down that road, it should be named...

"Could This Be End?"
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Scottjf8

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2018, 11:33:02 PM »
I expect a couple lineup changes before they retire, though.

Wait, really?  A couple?

I find it pretty hard to believe that the core 3 guys could ever continue without the others.  Maybe if James couldn't do it anymore, they could bring somebody in, but man, it'd be hard to imagine them going through another drummer change.

And again, I don't see DT ever moving on if either JP, JMx, or Jordan left.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2018, 02:43:51 AM »
Changing the drummer would be "easy" - they did it 8 years ago, it went well, they'd bring in someone else without even the issue of "damn, the drummer was a founding member".

This means no disrespect to Mangini of course, it's just a "cold" analysis of the situation. In DT the most replaceable member is the one who's last arrived.

James not doing it anymore for whatever reason would be a way more difficult blow to the band.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 04:51:43 AM by MirrorMask »
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2018, 04:48:26 AM »
Changing the drummer would be "easy" - they did it 8 years ago, it went well, they'd brought it someone else without even the issue of "damn, the drummer was a founding member".

This means no disrespect to Mangini of course, it's just a "cold" analysis of the situation. In DT the most replaceable member is the one who's last arrived.

James not doing it anymore for whatever reason would be a way more difficult blow to the band.

That's what I think too.

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2018, 05:39:32 AM »
"James not doing it anymore for whatever reason" would mean the end of DT's wonderfully unique sound.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2018, 05:41:55 AM »
"James not doing it anymore for whatever reason" would mean the end of DT's wonderfully unique sound.

Yup. For all of the flack he gets, he is the great separator.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2018, 06:04:30 AM »
I hope it's called;

Not The Astonishing
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2018, 02:24:16 PM »
I expect a couple lineup changes before they retire, though.

Wait, really?  A couple?

I find it pretty hard to believe that the core 3 guys could ever continue without the others.  Maybe if James couldn't do it anymore, they could bring somebody in, but man, it'd be hard to imagine them going through another drummer change.

And again, I don't see DT ever moving on if either JP, JMx, or Jordan left.

Yes, my two picks are James (this needs no explanation really) and Jordan (eventually leaving when he gets tired of touring). Not that I want this to happen, at least with Jordan, but I see it as highly possible. About James... he’s been an amazing vocalist for decades, but I think it would be better for DT to try another singer in the not so distant future. But, again, this is just my opinion.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Valor

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2018, 04:42:29 PM »
That would be pretty bad.