Author Topic: Bands you wished didn't exist  (Read 7019 times)

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Re: Bands you wished didn't exist
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2018, 02:00:26 PM »
Honestly, ever since I grew out of my teenage prog snob/music elitist phase, I've developed a "live and let live" attitude regarding music. If, for example, some friends have bonded over their love for Nickelback or Justin Bieber's songs have helped someone through rough times, then who am I to take that away from them? I may not be into stuff like that myself, but I wouldn't wish they never existed simply out of selfishness.
Yeah pretty much this, for the most part.

Waiting for the kvlt one to say deafheaven :neverusethis:

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #106 on: June 21, 2018, 02:41:54 PM »
Honestly, ever since I grew out of my teenage prog snob/music elitist phase, I've developed a "live and let live" attitude regarding music. If, for example, some friends have bonded over their love for Nickelback or Justin Bieber's songs have helped someone through rough times, then who am I to take that away from them? I may not be into stuff like that myself, but I wouldn't wish they never existed simply out of selfishness.

Cheers to that  :yarr

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #107 on: June 21, 2018, 03:39:59 PM »
Simple Plan

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2018, 08:43:08 AM »

Kids did that for me.  I get a tremendous amount of joy from music, and to watch my kid have that bond with her music... I could care less that it's Taylor Swift, One Direction or Panic! At The Disco.    In fact, I'm going to see Harry Styles tonight at Madison Square Garden with her and two of her friends.   He does a cover of "The Chain" by Fleetwood Mac, and I'm down for that (plus I LOVE his song "Sign Of The Times").   

Through those bands (and their covers) my kid now likes Queen, Fleetwood Mac and a couple other more traditionally classic bands.   

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #109 on: June 22, 2018, 10:09:57 AM »
Hellyeah.

Kinda think that band is responsible for the end of Mudvayne.

Yes. Especially after Mudvayne released an amazing self-titled with no tour for it. Makes me  >:(
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD