Author Topic: Best Deep Cuts  (Read 1465 times)

Offline ChuckSteak

Re: Best Deep Cuts
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2018, 09:54:41 AM »
Quote from: kingshmegland link=topic=52520.msg2444401#msg2444401

It's an old school term used in the day.  Today, radio is dead so it doesn't work anymore.
So what's the new school term used in the night?  ;D

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2018, 10:14:39 AM »
Pappy mentioned Priest; that's another good choice.   Stained Class is one of my favorite albums by them, and the only song that ever gets any real press is "Beyond The Realms of Death", but honestly, side one of that album is all killer no filler to me.  Same with Point of Entry, another album I hold in very high regard but hate the single, "Hot Rockin'". 

Oh, I got another:  Twisted Sister.    We're Not Gonna Take It and I Wanna Rock might be my two least favorite TS songs ever, but Stay Hungry is a very good record.   

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2018, 10:16:21 AM »
Quote from: kingshmegland link=topic=52520.msg2444401#msg2444401

It's an old school term used in the day.  Today, radio is dead so it doesn't work anymore.
So what's the new school term used in the night?  ;D

You young hippsters tell me?! :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2018, 10:43:01 AM »
I define Deep cuts as something casual fans may not know. Let's take ozzy for example. Blizzard, Diary and No more Tears are pretty much his biggest and most successful albums. Songs from them that don't get played on the radio are usually at least known of by the casual fan because the albums get talked about a lot.

The same type of people may not have heard Old LA tonight or even know what album it's on. so I would call it a deep cut.
Do you read Sutter Cane?