Author Topic: mp3 Player question/recommendation - need new player for car  (Read 733 times)

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
Hello all. I have been using my tablet to play music in my car, but transporting it to/from my house/car is getting tiresome. I can't get my cell to play audio through my car's stereo via Bluetooth. It's an older phone so I think that's the issue, but it works great otherwise so I don't want to replace it.

What I want is an inexpensive mp3 player I can play through my car's stereo via Bluetooth, so I can also connect to other BT systems like my home theater. I demo'ed a Dansrue mp3 player but it won't connect to my car's Bluetooth, and I can't figure out why, and if it is an issue with the player or my car. It shouldn't be the car, it's a new 2017. And it syncs with my tablet just fine. I don't want to buy another player and end up facing the same issue.

Alternatively, if anyone has any thoughts on my car Bluetooth syncing issue, those are welcome too.

Another thing I realized is that when connected to my car stereo, you cannot access the controls on the player, you can only change tracks, etc... via the car stereo. That's fine in the car, but not if I connect it to a portable speaker. Are all mp3 players like that?

I thought this topic or something similar had come up earlier but I couldn't find it, If it exists feel free to direct me there. Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 09:23:28 PM by Cool Chris »
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: mp3 Player question/recommendation - need new player for car
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 06:43:21 AM »
You're probably thinking about this thread- https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=52334.0.  Though, it was more about the software app.

There's also this one - https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=49947.0

You think about trying a bluetooth plugin adapter for your phone? Something like this, where you pair the device to your phone, then plug it in to the car's 3.5mm plug.

And for most car stereo systems, the ability to control all functions of the player through the entertainment system via bluetooth is limited to play/pause, and foreward/back.  I believe that you can only get full device control when you connect through the lightning port (or Android equivalent) via USB.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion