Author Topic: Insects in the home: do you kill them or not?  (Read 2634 times)

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
Re: Insects in the home: do you kill them or not?
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2018, 01:05:49 PM »
When I was a kid I'd go outside and try to hit as many fireflies as I could with a big wiffle ball bat. Looking back on it, that's pretty horrifying. I recall once hitting over 120 in an hour.

Soooo...how many heads do you have in your freezer, and do you bury all the bodies in the same area, or spread them around?

:|  :)
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2018, 01:07:02 PM »
When I was a kid I'd go outside and try to hit as many fireflies as I could with a big wiffle ball bat. Looking back on it, that's pretty horrifying. I recall once hitting over 120 in an hour.

Soooo...how many heads do you have in your freezer, and do you bury all the bodies in the same area, or spread them around?

:|  :)

Nice try, FBI.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2018, 01:50:18 PM »
I don't want anything in my house and for some reason I have a special hatred of flies.  I'll gas the whole family with bug spray to take down a fly.

But this reminded me of when I was a kid.  In the spring, me and my brother would catch fireflies and sneak them into my parents bedroom so that later that night when all was dark they would get a nice light show.  But if my kids did that to me i'd be pretty pissed.

Taking out 120 fireflies in one hour? That's pretty impressive, Fox only took out one.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2018, 04:29:04 PM »
I don't want anything in my house and for some reason I have a special hatred of flies.  I'll gas the whole family with bug spray to take down a fly.

But this reminded me of when I was a kid.  In the spring, me and my brother would catch fireflies and sneak them into my parents bedroom so that later that night when all was dark they would get a nice light show.  But if my kids did that to me i'd be pretty pissed.

Taking out 120 fireflies in one hour? That's pretty impressive, Fox only took out one.

:rollin
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2018, 04:35:31 PM »
It took me way too long to get that joke. Nice.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2018, 07:15:42 AM »
I catch everything and release them outside, except cockroaches.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2018, 09:33:17 AM »
If they get in the house, it's already a death sentence regardless of what I do.  I'm not gonna show em the door.  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2018, 09:34:18 AM »
Go figure after making this thread and turning off my AC for a few days, I come home and find a gargantuan house centipede chilling in my bathroom sink. UGH.