Author Topic: When black is too much black? (metal t-shirts)  (Read 2908 times)

Offline MirrorMask

When black is too much black? (metal t-shirts)
« on: May 15, 2018, 02:21:42 AM »
Let's not be typical progsters talking only about odd times and 20 minutes songs, let's talk also about fashion!!!  :metal

Well, more precisely, I wanted to talk about metal shirts, the icon of a genre, that you can spot a mile away: black shirt with the band album cover on front, and maybe the tour dates on the back. It's all cool and stylish, but... when eventually it comes to the point that there are simple too many black shirts around?

The vast majority of metal shirts is literally a black plain shirt with the cover album printed on it. I understand the reasoning for that - first of all, black is the national color of heavy metal and every associated genre, and it's also cheaper to print just an image on the front rather than constructing a full shirt with, say, images also on the sleeves, planning to integrate the album theme into the shirt and additional artistic touches like that.

Having said that... eventually one has a closet full of (black) metal shirts which are all the same. I'm well into my 30s, I don't want nor even feel the need to dress in black all the time, every day, in every situation.

Furthermore: what is the point of a band shirt? to show off to everyone "Hey look, I listen to this band", or to actually wear something cool and nice and pleasant? the world of heavy metal has fantastic covers and artistic imaginery, every cover can be potentially adapted in an unique way to a shirt, maybe changing the colors, but 95% of the time it's just copy and paste of the album cover on black. I've stopped since many years to buy metal shirts, with the very rare occasion here and there, and on the other hand I've bought shirts for the precise reason that they were not black; there's a local irish rock act that I follow, and I bought their shirt because it was a nice green, and the design on the front didn't even look like a band shirt, it could pass off as a generic artwork. It's something I actually like to wear, not just a "hey look at me, I listen to music" shirt.

How many black shirts with the album cover copied and pasted on it do you have and how often you wear them? ever saw a specific artwork for a band and thought "Hey, this could be integrated nicely in a shirt in different ways and different colors"?
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: When black is too much black? (metal t-shirts)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 02:55:51 AM »
I'm generally alright with black, but I agree it's lazy design to just slap the album cover on a t-shirt, especially if the cover isn't very good. I've avoided Steven Wilson's HCE tour shirt because of that, and I'll also skip the To the Bone one if it's just the album cover on black.

Some covers work gorgeously on black, though, mostly because they are pretty great by themselves. I really like Evergrey's The Storm Within tour shirt, or Ayreon The Theory of Everything shirt.

Some shirts, while being generally black and album-art type, are still unique in some way. Steven Wilson TRTRTS shirt that I have has parts of the artwork that are shining in the darkness (moon's eyes and the lines around it). Now that kind of thing is very cool.

I think I have four white t-shirts (Helloween, Gamma Ray, Jethro Tull's TAAB, Sonata Arctica's Stones Grow Her Name tour shirt), two grey ones (Devin Townsend Transcendence tour and Insomnium - Shadows of the Dying Sun all-print) and one blue (a Greek band Need). And I have probably about 40 black ones. :lol

But I agree, more different colored shirts would be nice.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 03:17:41 AM »
I'll admit that the last shirt that I bought at a show was black, but it wasn't just an album cover. It has a picture of Michael Schenker from 1978 when he was with UFO.

The shirt that I bought at a show prior to that is the orange/brown (burnt orange, maybe?) when I seen Fates Warning last year.

https://www.indiemerch.com/fateswarning/item/52872

Not all metal/rock shirts are black, but the majority of the ones that I own are. I do have a white DT shirt from the SC tour that I wear quite often. It was the last time that I seen them headline, and it has the animated characters on it.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 03:28:17 AM »
I do have a white DT shirt from the SC tour that I wear quite often. It was the last time that I seen them headline, and it has the animated characters on it.

Speaking of DT and white, Six Degrees could have served for a unique shirt design. You still have the cover on the front, but you make all the shirt white-ish, reprising also on the back and the sleeves the abstract background, and maybe slap on the back in a corner the stick little girl. I would have surely bought something like that.

On the other hand, Train of Thought actually demanded a black shirt, I wouldn't have wanted otherwise  :D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 03:44:52 AM »
I stopped buying black band shirts, because a) I have a couple of those already and b) I don't want to be shoehorned into a 'metal fan' stereotype for the simple fact of me wearing a black shirt. Add to that that my work doesn't allow me to wear such clothes (and I have no desire to) and I only (and rarely) get band shirts in different colours than black. Among my favourites are my Agent Fresco and Semistereo shirts in white, the blue Spocks Beard (BNaDS) and a brown Shadow Gallery one. The two black shirts I do still wear are Opeth (Ghost Reveries - it can't be anything other than black) and dredg (El Cielo), which isn't a metal band or album.

That said, at many a prog festival I have worn a black Opeth hoodie. I've had that thing for over 10 years and it remains my go-to festival sweater. It's special to me, because I stitched the patch to the back myself, so it's a one-of-a-kind. I never wear that thing outside of music festivals though :lol
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 03:45:32 AM »
Fashion is probably beyond me now :), but I don't wear black very much, and that puts me off buying band T shirts. I wish they did more in different colours, but maybe that would be less "metal".

I do have a couple of Iron Maiden tour T shirts that only get worn to gigs. I also own the Octavarium "maze" T shirt, which is like an olive green colour. That definitely gets more day to day use.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 03:55:19 AM »
I do have a white DT shirt from the SC tour that I wear quite often. It was the last time that I seen them headline, and it has the animated characters on it.

Speaking of DT and white, Six Degrees could have served for a unique shirt design. You still have the cover on the front, but you make all the shirt white-ish, reprising also on the back and the sleeves the abstract background, and maybe slap on the back in a corner the stick little girl. I would have surely bought something like that.

On the other hand, Train of Thought actually demanded a black shirt, I wouldn't have wanted otherwise  :D

Actually, I do have an off-white 6 degrees shirt from when I seen them in Chicago. I don't wear it very often anymore, because it's starting to get worn out. And I bought the hockey jersey for Train of Thought. That one has held up pretty well, and gets worn on occasion.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 06:05:26 AM »
I'm bored with band shirts, honestly. Almost every single one I have is the same boring black shirt with the album artwork lazily posted on front and the tour dates on the back. I have a few that are exceptions but they're either so old they're worn out, too big nowadays, or both. I really enjoy bands who think out of the box with their shirt designs. I don't buy them anymore. I think the only band shirts I'll buy in the foreseeable future are for Angra and Helloween this summer, but those are special occasions.

I have about 50 band shirts, half of which are stuffed in a bin somewhere.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 06:18:06 AM »
Obligatory

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 06:34:09 AM »
I still love wearing band shirts.  I'm just a metalhead at heart, though lately I haven't worn too many (mostly to avoid my 7 month old son from spitting up on them).  I wear them during the summer, but it can be tough when its 85 or 90 degrees out and I'm wearing a thicker black t-shirt.  I actually bought a white Soilwork shirt for that reason, so I can still wear a band shirt in very hot weather.  I was starting to get tired of black, but that's really all you can find at concerts. 

I have a bin in the basement of some older ones that are too big for me after I lost weight on a diet.  Right now, I probably have 15 band shirts, a few long-sleeve ones and 5 zip up hoodies. 

It's just fun to advertise that I listen to a specific band and I do get comments at the grocery store from fellow metalheads that recognize the band name.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2018, 06:56:22 AM »
Love my band shirts, all black, around 50 in total, and I wear them pretty much every day.

The only thing that'd get me to stop wearing black metal shirts is if they invent a darker color  :metal

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2018, 06:57:27 AM »
Love my band shirts, all black, around 50 in total, and I wear them pretty much every day.

The only thing that'd get me to stop wearing black metal shirts is if they invent a darker color  :metal

Word

I alternate my metal shirts occasionally with my footy team shirts - fortunately they are also black  :metal
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2018, 07:07:29 AM »

While I made a specific topic only to "complain" about the situation, the inner metalhead in me applauds at this  :metal

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2018, 07:39:08 AM »

They did basically what you said, on both a white and a cream colored shirt:  https://tshirtslayer.com/tshirt-or-longsleeve/dream-theater-six-degrees-inner-turbulence-tour-2002-shirt

As I recall, the long sleeve version had some really cool designs from the album artwork.  I wish I had bought that one.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2018, 07:47:51 AM »
You young'uns.   Back in my day, we would walk both ways to concerts, uphill, in the snow, and we'd take our shoes off so they didn't get wet on the trek. 

And when you got there, to the show, there would be tables of t-shirts.   Prolly 5 or 6 designs for the headliner and 2 or 3 for the opener.   And they'd be what we called "baseball shirts".   The would  be white shirts, but with long, black sleeves (so named because they came in different colors and baseball players would wear the appropriate colored sleeves under their baseball uniform.   The white was awesome, because it made the designs stand out more.  Sometimes, rarely, like with my Kiss shirt from the time I walked, uphill, both ways to see Kiss on the Animalize tour (one of the last with Gene and Paul's real hair) the middle part was grey.    There would also be sleeveless shirts, like that dude from Def Leppard would  wear.   I had a white one of those from Maiden with the Trooper artwork on the front.   Bad ass. 

It, unfortunately, got wet on the walk back home.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2018, 08:07:12 AM »

I give you vantablack.

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/new-photos-vantablack-906158

In fact, since Vantablack absorbs 99.96 percent of the incident light that it comes into contact with, any object coated in it looks to the naked eye like a flat, bottomless void in space.

“If you see it on a 3-D object, like crinkled foil, the coated side still looks like a black two-dimensional flat surface. It’s only when you turn it around and you realize that it’s got a lot of dimensionality, that you grasp how different it is,” Surrey NanoSystems chief technical officer Ben Jensen told ABC recently.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2018, 08:33:18 AM »
You young'uns.   Back in my day, we would walk both ways to concerts, uphill, in the snow, and we'd take our shoes off so they didn't get wet on the trek. 

And when you got there, to the show, there would be tables of t-shirts.   Prolly 5 or 6 designs for the headliner and 2 or 3 for the opener.   And they'd be what we called "baseball shirts".   The would  be white shirts, but with long, black sleeves (so named because they came in different colors and baseball players would wear the appropriate colored sleeves under their baseball uniform.   The white was awesome, because it made the designs stand out more.  Sometimes, rarely, like with my Kiss shirt from the time I walked, uphill, both ways to see Kiss on the Animalize tour (one of the last with Gene and Paul's real hair) the middle part was grey.    There would also be sleeveless shirts, like that dude from Def Leppard would  wear.   I had a white one of those from Maiden with the Trooper artwork on the front.   Bad ass. 

The ultimate in coolness was the reversed white sleeve jersey. Only a few bands did them. Metallica's Metal Up Your Ass shirt was like that. Most shirts were the regular black sleeve jersey's, and we wouldn't even buy a plain black T-shirt.

And I'd forgotten that sleeveless shirts used to be a thing. Very first concert shirt I ever bought was Fastway's.

A nice thing about living in the 21st century is that die-sub printing has become affordable enough that you can buy vintage concert shirts for pretty cheap now. I won't wear a shirt for a concert I didn't attend, but it's it's cool that you can replace ones that disintegrated 20 years ago.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2018, 08:46:33 AM »

I owned so many baseball concert shirts.   Oh the memories.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2018, 08:54:19 AM »
A vantablack shirt must be hot as hell. Wouldn't mind some vantablackout curtains though...
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2018, 08:59:25 AM »

I owned so many baseball concert shirts.   Oh the memories.

I have quite a number of these but as part of memorabilia collecting, not bought at gigs.  Very few bands of interest toured out here around that era and , if they did, I was too young at the time.

One example

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2018, 09:04:30 AM »
:lol  Yup, I remember those.  There were a ton of these going around back in the day at my school:  https://www.ebay.com/i/173297536034?chn=ps

The one I regret not buying was back in 1987 or early '88 when they were doing some club shows, and they had some that were actual baseball-style jerseys that were really cool looking.  For some reason, they went with the Dodgers' color scheme.  But they really really cool.  They were grey, and had "Yesterday & Today" in the Dodgers' script font across either the chest or the back (I forget which).  It was a really cool shirt.  Of the ones I don't have that I wish I did, that one, DT's Metropolis II soccer jersey, and DT's SDOIT long sleeve shirt are at the top of my list.

@Barto:  I remember that exact shirt!  :lol  As big a Def Leppard fan as I was in the Pryomania and Hysteria days, I'm actually surprised that I never got a Union Jack muscle shirt.  But when I wanted to go full Lep, I did rock a Union Jack bandana around my neck with my Lep painter's cap, slashed jeans, and neon solid muscle shirt.  :lolpalm:  And, no, there will be no pics posted.

"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2018, 09:09:57 AM »
None would fit me today.  If I attempted to put on on it would explode and look like confetti all over the place. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2018, 09:11:07 AM »
  And, no, there will be no pics posted.

Dammit!
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2018, 09:12:06 AM »
  And, no, there will be no pics posted.

Dammit!

:lol  I don't even have any with that particular look.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2018, 09:30:22 AM »
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2018, 09:33:42 AM »
:rollin  It took me a second...

And '80s shorts were NOT a good look for anybody.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2018, 09:34:18 AM »
I'm so glad I was born in '91...  :lol

Offline Lethean

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2018, 09:35:14 AM »
I have no problem with black shirts.  If there's a different color band shirt that looks cool I don't have a problem with that either.  I have more than I need, but like to buy tour shirts anyway.  If I really like an album cover, I'll get one of those shirts too.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2018, 09:36:51 AM »
The orange shirts Transatlantic had on the Whirlwind tour were very cool, despite their oddness.  I seem to recall that they had a green one as well, but I may be misremembering.  I kinda wish I would have bought one of the orange shirts.  But it was an expensive roadtrip weekend as it was, and I did spring for a hoodie and one of the TA "official bootleg" DVD's at the merch stand, so I was already way over budget.

EDIT:  This was one of my favorite white tour shirts that I had once upon a time:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/RaRe-1991-QUEENSRYCHE-vintage-rock-concert-tour-t-shirt-M-L-80s-90s-Metal/162397028075?hash=item25cf9dfeeb:g:Fz4AAOSwx6pYpJAG
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 09:42:19 AM by bosk1 »

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2018, 09:49:20 AM »
The orange shirts Transatlantic had on the Whirlwind tour were very cool, despite their oddness.  I seem to recall that they had a green one as well, but I may be misremembering.  I kinda wish I would have bought one of the orange shirts.  But it was an expensive roadtrip weekend as it was, and I did spring for a hoodie and one of the TA "official bootleg" DVD's at the merch stand, so I was already way over budget.

EDIT:  This was one of my favorite white tour shirts that I had once upon a time:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/RaRe-1991-QUEENSRYCHE-vintage-rock-concert-tour-t-shirt-M-L-80s-90s-Metal/162397028075?hash=item25cf9dfeeb:g:Fz4AAOSwx6pYpJAG
The green shirt was Kaleidoscope. Tie-died with the flower logo on it. Orange was Whirlwind (I bought the black one, though).
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2018, 10:47:06 AM »
As someone whose wardrobe is almost exclusively band t-shirts, I can say that I don’t think there is such a thing as too much black.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2018, 11:22:02 AM »
Ahhhh...The "Black Shirt". Probably the single greatest thing that causes my wife to look at me while I sleep and think about ways to kill me.

Two years ago I was in Europe on a book tour, and my wife calls me and the following conversation actually took place:

Me: Hey babe. What's up?
Mrs. Vox: Tempus! Stop buying t-shirts! (you will note this was not a request, but a demand).
Me: What??
Mrs. Vox: Don't buy anymore damn t-shirts!  It's insane!
Me: What are you talki--
Mrs. Vox: (interrupting me) I was just in your closet this morning. Do you know how many t-shirts you have in there? Do you?? I'll bet you don't even know!
Me: I have no idea! But you know I like t-shirts.

*FULL DISCLOSURE HERE* I have a few dozen concert tee's, but more importantly I have A LOT more that are adorned with what I think are clever sayings for example, some of my favs:
I have a shirt that has the table of elements on it and the caption reads, "I wear this shirt Periodically", 'Never trust an atom they make up everything", "Back in my day we had nine planets", "Let's eat grandma. Let's eat, grandma. Punctutation saves lives"
You get the gist I'm sure.

Mrs. Vox: 177!! ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-SEVEN!!! Who needs that many t-shirts Tempus?!?!
Me: We'll...I do. I like them. They're funny, and they represent bands and music I like.
Mrs. Vox: (Sighing) I know honey...but jeeze! C'mon. You can't even possibly ever wear them all.
Me: Not all at once.
Mrs. Vox: Fine! Whatever. Where are you today?
Me: We're sight seeing today. Karen (from my publishers office), Tony (business colleague of mine) and I just left the Eye. Tony had never been there; and now we're headed to get lunch.
Mrs. Vox: Okay have fun...Wait! I'll bet you bought a stupid t-shirt didn't you?
Me: *crickets*
Mrs. Vox: OHMYGOD!! 178!!! 178!! Or have you bought others already?
Me: Maybe...
Mrs. Vox: AGGGGHHH!! Whatever! Call me later.
Me: Okay, love you.
Mrs. Vox: Love you too...bye. WAIT!! Honey, I get the t-shirt thing, but do all of them HAVE to be black??

So, yeah...black tee's
 :biggrin:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 11:28:06 AM by TempusVox »
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2018, 12:20:38 PM »
Not a big band t-shirt buyer.  I think most look ridiculous and wouldn't be something I'd wear (I am not a fashionable dude and generally only wear tshirts, so it's kind of specific to the metal tshirt look) in public often to justify the high cost.

Personally, I like navy blue t-shirts.  If a band wanted to make on on that color, I'd be more interesting in buying.  I do wear black shirts from time to time, but if it's a hot sunny day out, I am not going to be wearing black.

Having said all that, I felt compelled to buy a Kamelot shirt at a recent concert.  I haven't worn it yet.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2018, 12:36:28 PM »
Not a big band t-shirt buyer.  I think most look ridiculous and wouldn't be something I'd wear (I am not a fashionable dude and generally only wear tshirts, so it's kind of specific to the metal tshirt look) in public often to justify the high cost.

Personally, I like navy blue t-shirts.  If a band wanted to make on on that color, I'd be more interesting in buying.  I do wear black shirts from time to time, but if it's a hot sunny day out, I am not going to be wearing black.

Having said all that, I felt compelled to buy a Kamelot shirt at a recent concert.  I haven't worn it yet.

You like wearing tee shirts you get from your Secret Santa more than concert shirts.  AMIRITE?! :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2018, 12:58:13 PM »
Well that shirt was also black so....

EDIT: actually the last two were  :lol but I do wear the Chewbacca one in public