Author Topic: Brazilian fan being surprised at his wedding by a message from Mike Portnoy!  (Read 1134 times)

Offline TH1RT3EN

• Dream Theater BR
  • There's only room for one Boss.
I'm not exactly sure whether this belongs here or in one of the General Discussion boards (I think it does fit here though).

Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong, enjoy it if I'm not. There's a context explanation in the video's description!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGgmzb9rK5o

Offline goo-goo

Pretty cool gesture by MP.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
Very cool

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
That was really cool.  :tup
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Dude's reaction says it all.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline MirrorMask

Very cool indeed! Sure, it took 10 seconds of Mike to do it, but then again, he still obliged to it while others wouldn't have just bothered. Extremely generous on his part!  :tup
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline TH1RT3EN

• Dream Theater BR
  • There's only room for one Boss.
Very cool indeed! Sure, it took 10 seconds of Mike to do it, but then again, he still obliged to it while others wouldn't have just bothered. Extremely generous on his part!  :tup

I had actually recorded another video of him already as the band (SoA) was leaving the hotel for soundcheck, but the producer was rushing them as hell and it didn't turn out that good. Luckily, a friend of mine was in Derek's guest list for the show and and got me an aftershow pass, so I had more time to properly talk to Mike and he agreed to try again until it was perfect.

By the way, he didn't leave until he was sure that everyone there was satisfied and had had the oportunity to talk to/take a picture with/get an autograph of him. Truly an amazing human being! :metal

Offline don_waka

Is it just me or MP thought Michel was a girl?