Author Topic: RIP Harry Anderson  (Read 1191 times)

Offline jammindude

RIP Harry Anderson
« on: April 16, 2018, 05:45:40 PM »
It’s all over the news. You can find it anywhere. Very very sad. He was only 65. I used to watch his Showtime specials before he even starred on night court. Love that guy.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 06:21:29 PM by jammindude »
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: RIP Harry Anderson
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 05:55:31 PM »
Whoa damn. Only 65, I am surprised he was that old. He had such a youthful look. Night Court was one of my top 80s comedies, something at the time I'd probably rank below only Cheers (ironically, on which Harry would occasionally appear). All rise one more time for the honorable Harold T. Stone.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 05:57:05 PM »
Night Court was one of those shows where it always seemed like most of the side characters were funnier than the main character, but Anderson played the role well.  He also did a nice job as Harry the Hat on Cheers every so often. 

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 06:08:18 PM »
Never watched much Night Court, but he'll always be Harry the Hat to me.

R.I.P.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 06:53:03 PM »
Night Court was one of those shows where it always seemed like most of the side characters were funnier than the main character, but Anderson played the role well. 

A bit like Jerry Seinfeld on his show, Harry was the fulcrum. He let the rest of the cast handle the absurdity, while, much like the role of judge in a real courtroom, Harry held everything together.

I also liked him as adult Richie Tozier, despite the ridiculous mustache.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline T-ski

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 09:44:18 PM »
Just like everyone else, I loved Night Court and his appearances as Harry the Hat. This one hurts.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline dparrott

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 10:30:06 PM »
Awwww.  I loved Night Court.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 10:41:17 AM »
Loved Harry The Hat (I'm a huge Cheers fan).  I was indifferent on Night Court. 

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 05:16:54 PM »
Never cared for Night Court (though Dan was great), but Harry the Hat was awesome. I watched the final Bar Wars last night in his honor, where he convinces Gary to demolish his own bar. "Who, me? I'm just an interested land developer who's gonna--come up a little short on funds."  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018, 09:00:21 PM »
That was great.  After years of almost always losing to Gary, the Cheers gang finally got over on him big time because he got scammed by the guy who used to scam them.  Brilliant.

I liked Night Court, but it was always like desert after the 90 minutes of The Cosby Show, Family Ties and Cheers.  Perfect spot for it, though, as that was more of a supporting show than a lead one.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 09:26:38 AM »
I barely remember the Cheers character, and Night Court was pretty lame, but I definitely remember Harry Anderson as a comedian/magician.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2018, 07:09:23 PM »
I loved him in the IT miniseries.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2018, 07:28:34 PM »
I barely remember the Cheers character, and Night Court was pretty lame, but I definitely remember Harry Anderson as a comedian/magician.

Night Court was lame? I swear, you had to be hit in  the head with a brick with your 80's take on everything 80's.  Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC