Poll

Which 'Children of the': Grave, Sea or Damned?

(Ozzy)Black Sabbath - Children of the Grave
11 (19.6%)
(Dio) Black Sabbath- Children of the Sea
14 (25%)
Iron Maiden - Children of the Damned
31 (55.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: Which 'Children of the': Grave, Sea or Damned?  (Read 2599 times)

Offline Peter Mc

Re: Which 'Children of the': Grave, Sea or Damned?
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2018, 07:30:21 PM »
Can’t believe Children of the Grave is losing this. Absolute stonewall classic Sabbath at their best. All 3 songs are good but Grave is great.

Offline WildRanger

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2018, 01:26:38 PM »
Can’t believe Children of the Grave is losing this. Absolute stonewall classic Sabbath at their best. All 3 songs are good but Grave is great.

Agreed.

Offline Enigmachine

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2018, 02:08:18 PM »
Three great songs, but Sea wins for me thanks to Dio.

:metal

Children of the Grave is shit.

???

Offline pg1067

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2018, 11:09:55 AM »

The bigger surprise for me is that Damned has more votes than the other two combined and more than twice as many votes as Sea.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2018, 04:26:24 PM »
It shouldn't be surprising.  Fandom for Maiden and Rush on this forum is off the charts.  So, with this forum as our sample size, I could have told you before the voting even started that Maiden would win it by a landslide. 

Personally, I voted for Children of the Sea.  That has been my favorite song on that album since I first got it in the '80s.  But as an aside, I was listening to Whitesnake's s/t album the other day, and thought of this thread.  Honorable mention to Children of the Night.  :biggrin:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2018, 05:41:36 PM »
...corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2018, 06:31:28 PM »
...corn

OBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uixA1i34hOg
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline WildRanger

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2018, 02:46:04 AM »
It shouldn't be surprising.  Fandom for Maiden and Rush on this forum is off the charts.  So, with this forum as our sample size, I could have told you before the voting even started that Maiden would win it by a landslide. 

Yep. I noticed that too. Behind Dream Theater, Rush and Iron Maiden are far and away two most worshipped bands on this board. They'll gonna win easily, pretty much any poll versus other bands.