Living On The Edge
4 (50%)
Claws
1 (12.5%)
You, Still Of War
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: March 15, 2018, 11:37:02 PM

Author Topic: HELLOWEEN Survivor 2017 - My God-Given Right - round 1  (Read 505 times)

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
HELLOWEEN Survivor 2017 - My God-Given Right - round 1
« on: March 14, 2018, 11:37:02 PM »
MY GOD-GIVEN RIGHT

My God-Given Right is the 15th studio album by Helloween. It was released on May 29, 2015.[2]
It is their seventh consecutive album produced by Charlie Bauerfeind, and their first album released under the label Nuclear Blast since 2003's Rabbit Don't Come Easy.

I love Helloween. But I don't love this album... The songs are blend, maybe two or three are listenable for me but the rest is just because it just has to be... That's my opinion, it's ar the worst Helloween album ever made, sadly... But, we have to vote ;) Let's go ;)

Andi Deris - vocals
Sascha Gerstner – guitar
Michael Weikath – guitar
Markus Grosskopf – bass
Dani Loble - drums
-----------------------------------

13.  :huh:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tough choice because there is no intros or weird short songs here :P But, there is a lot of fillers ;) Like Everybody Else seems to be one of them ;)

Offline Dittomist

Re: HELLOWEEN Survivor 2017 - My God-Given Right - round 1
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 12:10:08 AM »
This is easily my least favorite Helloween album. It could have been really solid though if you kept The Swing of a Fallen World, Creatures in Heaven, Claws, Like Everybody Else, and My God Given Right, and replaced all the others with Blind, Enamora, and Who Am I from Andi Deris' 2014 solo album.
Choosing the weakest song is tough.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 02:12:01 AM »
This album is so lackluster that I'm gonna vote almost randomly for the first half of rounds.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 06:00:09 AM »
This is probably the only Deris era Helloween album that didn't stick in any way.  I don't, it's just average.  I can't even remember how a lot of these go.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 06:19:47 AM »
This is probably the only Deris era Helloween album that didn't stick in any way.  I don't, it's just average.  I can't even remember how a lot of these go.

Maybe the reunion was already in the works and they kinda thrown it together just to have an excuse for an album and tour before finalizing the reunion.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Mladen

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 06:38:59 AM »
Or maybe they realized they needed to do something special after such a vanilla album. This isn't a bad release, though. There aren't any awful or offensive songs here, there are actually only two that are mediocre. But most of it is just okay.

Living On The Edge gets my vote.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 09:28:08 AM »
I can't remember how like half of these songs go. :lol I like the title track, Swing of a Fallen World (this one is actually great) and Claws. I also remember how Stay Crazy chorus goes. I also seem to recall that Heroes and Battle's Won were the singles.

I'm fine with voting Like Everybody Else, literally remember nothing about this song.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Dittomist

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 09:39:34 AM »
I'll also go with Living on the Edge.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2018, 12:59:35 PM »
I didn't think much of this album at all, and it really makes no difference to me which songs get voted from this one.  The only song that I really dug was Stay Crazy.

After hearing this album, I was glad to hear about a reunion.  Because if it wasn't for the reunion, I would likely not have bought another Helloween album again (I'm assuming the next Helloween album will have both Kiske and Deris).

But overall this album does nothing for me so I will also go with Living on the Edge.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2018, 03:54:13 PM »
I'm pretty sure I remember how all of these go bar the two getting the votes. 

I went Living on the Edge, but Like Everybody Else is next.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.