Currently married/engaged
46 (59.7%)
Divorced and single
4 (5.2%)
Single (never married)
16 (20.8%)
Re-married
8 (10.4%)
Was engaged or long term relationship but now single (never married though)
3 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Experiences with Marriage and/or Divorce  (Read 8986 times)

Offline Lethean

Re: Experiences with Marriage and/or Divorce
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2018, 11:34:05 AM »
Here's a question:   do you all feel like shared interests - be it politics, music, food - is integral for a successful relationship, or is it just enough to RESPECT the others' interests?   

To anticipate the answer, I think the one thing that is sort of important is... vices.   I've never really dated anyone that loves my music; I like enough music that I can and will go see any concert any time, so there's no problem going with them, and I like going to shows by myself, so I don't need her to like my music.   I've never really dated anyone that is sympatico with my politics, so there's always been a debate (believe it or not, I've not always been to the right of my partners).   I do sort of always recall problems when one of us partook in vice way more (or less) than the other, at least on a regular basis.

I do think shared interests are important - at least to have one shared interest. If you weren't interested in *anything* that was the same, I think that would be a bit of a challenge.  It doesn't have to be a grand passion, but think there should at least be something in common.  I acknowledge that it could be different for others  - maybe their kids are the common interest.  For me, not married but in a long term relationship, we do share music and that's been great, and we also do respect each other's other interests.

Vices - I think I agree with you.  This probably is not a popular point of view on a music forum, but I won't get involved with someone who does anything illegal in the first place - I just don't want to deal with it. 

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2018, 12:22:28 PM »

I vividly remember a post Tick made a number of years ago about how he had been through some rough patches, but came out of it and now (ie, then... and hopefully still now  :lol) his marriage was as good or better than it ever was.  I remember thinking - 'god I hope that's me/mrs.jingle' ... but seriously doubted it.  The good news is, I/we did get thru the rough parts.  Over the past 4 years, as the kids (who thankfully are amazing and - for the most part - problem free teenagers) got into and thru their teenage years, she found a purpose and passion in her life outside of the family - and that's a good thing.  Prior to that, she defined herself as a "mother" and a "wife".  Meaning if she didn't feel valued by her kids and husband, she was a wreck.  In that regard, anytime I wasn't spending with her, or attention I was giving to ANYTHING else in life was (to her) internalized as me not valuing her, and not wanting to be with her - all functions of her mental health issues, and baggage (lots of worthiness issues).  As such, I had very little in my life that was 'mine' for many many years - the odd concert here and there, but that was about it.  Now that she has found her passion, she isn't so reliant on me/kids for her happiness, which has allowed me to do the things that are 'mine' that make me happy.  Don't get me wrong, it's not like we live totally separate lives, but we're very comfortable in our ability to do certain things apart from one another.  For many many years, this wasn't the case for mrs.jingle.

Chad, yes my marriage is nearly 23 years in and what hasn't killed us has made us stronger. I'm glad something I said actually stayed with you and made you think. Most  people only remember me for being an angry old man who was shorted 3 quarters at McDonald's.  :lol
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2018, 03:39:00 PM »
I had very little in my life that was 'mine' for many many years...

This is very much me.

I got married late, at 30, and my 20s were a bit of me wandering in the wilderness. Living alone, crappy, low-paying jobs, lots of drinking, video game playing, casual dating, and otherwise living a mundane uneventful existence. I wasn't emotionally or mentally ready to settle down. Then I met my current wife, who was also 30 and also in a place to settle down.

I still don't have much in my life that I feel is 'mine.' I still play video games, read, go to concerts (alone), do projectgs around the house... all solitary activities. Having children is the most amazing thing I have experienced and has really given my life meaning and purpose. Being a dad is the most important aspect of my life, but I struggle to find things outside of being a dad that bring me joy.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2018, 04:43:53 PM »
Most  people only remember me for being an angry old man who was shorted 3 quarters at McDonald's.  :lol

That - and lens flares - may be what you're most (in)famous for, but don't sell yourself short.  You're a most recognizable, enjoyable and respected poster here - at least amongst the fogeys.

I had very little in my life that was 'mine' for many many years...

This is very much me.

I still don't have much in my life that I feel is 'mine.' I still play video games, read, go to concerts (alone), do projectgs around the house... all solitary activities. Having children is the most amazing thing I have experienced and has really given my life meaning and purpose. Being a dad is the most important aspect of my life, but I struggle to find things outside of being a dad that bring me joy.

Keep searching for it man - doesn't necessarily have to be a huge, burning passion - kids can certainly be that.  But things like reading and gaming are things you do for yourself, and not for someone else - and I likely assume you're not doing them to make yourself miserable??  :lol  So there must be some joy in doing those things. 

This is where there was a breakdown for the jingle.marriage - time away from each other exacerbated her worthiness issues.  Work (since I was the sole income earner) got a pass, but pretty much EVERYTHING else I did that didn't include mrs.jingle ended up being problematic at some point.  As I said, we got thru it, and things are good now from that standpoint.

I'm also not saying things were all (or even mostly) bad during those years.  Not at all - we did lots of things that we enjoyed together - theatre, wine tours, vacations, day-trips, time with a few close friends, hanging out with family (though, that's gone now - the relationships of both of our extended families are for not what we'd like them to be ... varying from non-existent to exhausting*), hiking, her joining me on several business trips.  Just that the bad parts/times were pretty miserable - for both of us.

*That's a whole different thread
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2018, 07:33:41 AM »

This is where there was a breakdown for the jingle.marriage - time away from each other exacerbated her worthiness issues.  Work (since I was the sole income earner) got a pass, but pretty much EVERYTHING else I did that didn't include mrs.jingle ended up being problematic at some point.  As I said, we got thru it, and things are good now from that standpoint.

My first wife, I believe, suffers from borderline personality disorder (also undiagnosed) and for me, the bolded was a factor as well.   We didn't make it (obviously; "first" wife explains that) and that BPD was a huge factor (and it's nature is such that "undiagnosed" is a very common descriptor of that condition; I assume you have a well-thumbed copy of "Stop Walking On Eggshells" like I do).  It was exasperating to get involved in something - a great example was my band in Philly - that was fully supported at first, I made the commitment, then all of a sudden I was the bad guy for "ignoring her".   Well...   

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2018, 08:55:29 AM »

My first wife, I believe, suffers from borderline personality disorder (also undiagnosed) and for me, the bolded was a factor as well.   We didn't make it (obviously; "first" wife explains that) and that BPD was a huge factor (and it's nature is such that "undiagnosed" is a very common descriptor of that condition; I assume you have a well-thumbed copy of "Stop Walking On Eggshells" like I do).  It was exasperating to get involved in something - a great example was my band in Philly - that was fully supported at first, I made the commitment, then all of a sudden I was the bad guy for "ignoring her".   Well...

Over the years, I've done a lot of reading/research on BPD.  I almost bought SWOE, but ended up getting a book called When Hope Is Not Enough (WHINE  :lol).  Have a few others too. 
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2018, 09:42:08 AM »

lol "walking on eggshells" comment was something I constantly heard with my x and I hated when she used that phrase.  Anyway, I personally think time without your S.O. is extremely important.  When people become so dependent on each other, I feel like these types of issues arise.  I made it very clear with my gf that to be serious with me, we both need to have interests outside of each other and that neither of us should hold the other back from doing things seperate that bring us happiness.  To me, that's been her giving me a leash to go to any concert I want essentially.  Such as going to Boston for a weekend.  My x would not of allowed that to happen.  But of course we both need to make sure we are doing things together as well that will bring us both happiness, like a weekend in Cape May together. 

My brother has been dating this girl and there's not a single second they are not together or not on the phone with each other.  I find it kind of sickening personally.  They got into a fight the other night at my house and both just sat there angry at each other, not talking, but also not giving each other space.  I find space to be extremely important, but I am also a fairly "on my own" type of person and enjoy my alone time when I have it and I guess not everyone is like that, and hence not everyone is for me.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2019, 07:36:32 AM »
For anyone that is married or just living with your partner, how do you divide the house work?

Dishes, laundry, vacuuming, or any other type of housework/chore.

I'm single, but I'm just curious for if I am coming across this in the future.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2019, 07:49:31 AM »
I'm currently engaged and sharing an apartment with my partner. For the most part we share most of the responsibilities.

• If she cooks, I do the dishes. If I cook, she does the dishes.
  • We usually clean together (She takes up dusting and mopping, I organized and vacunm or the other way around).
  • Laundry is tricky as we live in an apartment building and there is no Laundry on site. It usually depends on who has some free time on weekends or after work. Sometimes I will do laundry and she does all the cleaning.

It helps that I always been a "clean" person. I hate seeing messes and clutter around and so does she. It makes the cleaning a little easier since we both don't mind doing it.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2019, 08:05:50 AM »
My wife will cook most nights....I pick up a few nights a month. I primarily do the dishes and straighten the kitchen up afterwards although now we're transitioning this into a kid chore.

Cleaning the house is a team effort....we 'try' to get a good clean once a week....keep things straightened up most days. It's just a tough task with three boys and their friends in and out of the house all week.

Laundry. Such a battle. I'm sure it's the same way in most homes but man.....you literally never get caught up and if you 'take a day off' the pile multiplies ten fold. This is one her and I switch back and forth....no real designated person. Especially during Hockey Season I'll do laundry quite a bit. Get a few loads going and folded while watching a game.

As far as yard work in the summer....it's all me. My wife wants me to get our older two boys to start mowing the grass and what not but honestly.....I like doing it and am really getting in to the landscaping and planting flowers/bushes etc so I really enjoy it. Plus, I'm very picky about how it's all done so I just rather do it.

She does all the grocery shopping. I'll grocery shop every now and then but it's never the 'full list' grocery shop.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2019, 08:59:55 AM »
Obviously everyone is different, but while we talking - high level - about it, we didn't have a list or a set delineation of tasks.   Honestly, if I thought about it too much, it would be bothersome, but I don't.   I take the approach that 50-50 on everything is unrealistic.   I don't want her touching my car (I don't mean that to be mean, it's just... it is.) I set up the electronics.  I do the cooking.  She does all the laundry, and most of the grocery shopping (though I go along because it's a good time to spend together). 

I do all the snow-blowing and lawn-cutting. I have a 11-year old step son and while he's on the spectrum, he's very high functioning and able (he does have some coordination issues, and stamina issues).  I'd really like it if he came out and helped shovel/trim/etc.    I do all the dish CLEANING and table setting.  My son can set the table.  We've got him now putting his dishes in the dishwasher, but that leaves all the pans (which have to be washed by hand) and cleaning the counter/stowing the leftovers.

But in keeping with "you do what you can, even if it's more than 50%", she's been out of work now since early January.  I would have preferred to have some of the slack taken up, but it's not happened.   It's not a huge issue - it might be if we're still talking about it in September - but it goes to the heart of the issue: in  a relationship it's joint and several.  You both have an obligation to make sure the totality is covered, and you both have an obligation to get it done.  It's just easier when it's more joint.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2019, 09:12:46 AM »
I will say this....I'll put my dishwasher stacking prowess up against anyone out there. One of my largest pet peeves is a disjointed, haphazard attempt at loading the dishwasher. When done properly, you can get a large amount of dishes washed in one load. I'm convinced my wife and children make the most feeble attempts at loading the dishwasher on purpose just to watch me have a mini stroke over how inept they're attempts appear.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2019, 09:29:14 AM »
I am not proud to admit that, I've been at my apartment for 4 years now. My kitchen has a dishwasher and I used it maybe 5 times. Don't ask why, I just do my things manually  :facepalm:
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2019, 09:31:02 AM »
I just do my things manually

I still do all the big items like pots and pans and trays by hand.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2019, 09:58:24 AM »
I just do my things manually

I still do all the big items like pots and pans and trays by hand.

Many pots and pans you SHOULD do manually, though, because the combination of heat and caustic cleaner can be bad for their finish.  The newer ones, I'm told, not so much, but I still don't take the chance.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2019, 10:23:05 AM »
One thing I've noticed.....and I'm sure folks like RJ and anyone else who has had a job working in the kitchen of a restaurant or grill.....is that when I cook I'm constantly cleaning and putting away things as I go.....so when, I'm done and the meal is ready there is hardly any cleaning or tidying up left to do. Now, my wife....who never worked in the kitchen of a restaurant......it's a disaster zone and it takes a bit to get everything all cleaned up and squared away.

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2019, 10:26:57 AM »
Married 12 years. We've never had an official discussion to split up household chores. I do most of the cooking, she does most of the laundry, we do general cleaning pretty equally. Other than me mowing the lawn and cleaning the toilet bowl, there are no other chore that are strictly mine or hers. This has worked pretty well for us over the years, but I know we both at times feel like we're doing more than our fair share. As the kids are getting older, we're having them take on more which helps take the burden off of us a bit.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2019, 11:40:02 AM »
I am not proud to admit that, I've been at my apartment for 4 years now. My kitchen has a dishwasher and I used it maybe 5 times. Don't ask why, I just do my things manually  :facepalm:
When I moved to my new apartment I finally got my own dishwasher but at first I did everything manually as usual because since I live by myself it dosen't pile up that much. However whenever I have busy work days it's very handy to pile up everything in the dishwasher and then use it after a couple of days or something.

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2019, 12:09:32 PM »
One thing I've noticed.....and I'm sure folks like RJ and anyone else who has had a job working in the kitchen of a restaurant or grill.....is that when I cook I'm constantly cleaning and putting away things as I go.....so when, I'm done and the meal is ready there is hardly any cleaning or tidying up left to do. Now, my wife....who never worked in the kitchen of a restaurant......it's a disaster zone and it takes a bit to get everything all cleaned up and squared away.

I'm somewhere in between.... :)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2019, 12:16:32 PM »

I'm somewhere in between.... :)

I am like Gary's wife and my wife is very much like Gary.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2019, 01:54:23 PM »
I will say this....I'll put my dishwasher stacking prowess up against anyone out there. One of my largest pet peeves is a disjointed, haphazard attempt at loading the dishwasher. When done properly, you can get a large amount of dishes washed in one load. I'm convinced my wife and children make the most feeble attempts at loading the dishwasher on purpose just to watch me have a mini stroke over how inept they're attempts appear.

The Lovely Mrs TAC is a dishwasher control freak too. I'm 50 years old. I can fill a fucking dishwasher!!!! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2019, 02:12:36 PM »
Isn't it funny that the older we get, the more stubborn we become? :lol

I hate when my wife food shops.  She spends $50 to $70 more and I loss my shit because she buys stuff we don't need.  I'd rather do it myself.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2019, 02:19:27 PM »

I hate when my wife food shops.  She spends $50 to $70 more and I loss my shit because she buys stuff we don't need.  I'd rather do it myself.

My wife is a great shopper. Clips online coupons, is very frugal, but always makes sure someone gets something they like.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2019, 05:23:40 PM »

My wife is the same way. I go to Aldi and spend $70-80 every time. She comes with and we spend $120.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2019, 05:45:10 PM »

I must've married her sister.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2019, 06:21:08 PM »
I see who the bill payers are. :lol

Offline New World Rushman

« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2019, 06:16:15 AM »
I don't know if I'm the old man of the group, but this year marks 40 years since my wife and I first dated in our Junior year of high school. Briefly broke up after graduation when I went into the USAF, but got back together shortly after I came back home, and will be married 32 years this May.

It's all about give and take, understanding, and not staying angry. We've had our ups and downs and screaming matches, but always made peace by the end of the day.

There's no listing of who does what chores, although I always take care of all outside stuff, she does more cleaning than me due to our schedules. Things have changed over the years, I used to get home from work first so I always cooked, which I love to do, BTW. Now I work a second job some nights so she cooks more on weeknights.

We have some shared interests, musically she's gone with me to see some shows, but isn't into the heavier stuff, so DT, Priest, Maiden, etc. shows I go with a buddy or two; Country music, she'll go with our daughter and/or some girlfriends.
She has a monthly book club clique with her girls that is more about having some wine than talking about the book, she also has a movie night, and goes to happy hour once a month or so with the girls from work. I like to tool around in my garage on weekends, light the grill or smoker, crank the tunes and drink some beers, occasionally have a buddy over and light the chiminea on a Friday or Saturday night. We'll also get together with other couples a couple times a month, go out to dinner, then have a game night or play some cards after.

It's a delicate balance, but it works. And when in doubt, just shut up, she's right, I'm wrong.
I wear the pants in my family, and i have her permission to say so!

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2019, 07:29:01 AM »
For anyone that is married or just living with your partner, how do you divide the house work?

Dishes, laundry, vacuuming, or any other type of housework/chore.

I'm single, but I'm just curious for if I am coming across this in the future.
I'm unemployed right now, so I should be doing the majority of the chores. I kinda don't :lol I cook always because I'm better at it and plan meals and make sure the freezer is well stocked. I vacuum, I wipe down the counter tops. The "bigger" chores though like cleaning out the fridge or scrubbing the oven just get delayed ad infinitum. He does the bathroom and a lot of the shopping and unclogs the various pipes that need to be unclogged. I do all of the laundry.

I learned two things about chores:

1. If you want something done your way, do it yourself. You can't split chores and hand over a chore you're very particular about (like that dishwasher you're all mentioning) to another person and then complain every time they do it! Either you're happy someone else did it at all, or you're the one with the sole responsibility. Am I happy about my husband's onion chopping technique? Not all the time. Am I gonna stand above his head and yell HOLD THE KNIFE LIKE THISSSS? Nah. I don't have time for that, that's why I asked for help.

2. The worst part of a chore is the mental load. I don't mind doing all the laundry. What I do mind is my husband saying "uh oh, I'm running out of clean socks, guess we have to put another load in" at 10PM on a Sunday, or asking me why something THAT'S NOT EVEN IN THE LAUNDRY BASKET, PEOPLE, isn't clean and dry for tomorrow. If you enjoy in someone else doing the damn laundry for you that day, at least tell them what the priority item is when you're getting dressed in the morning, and make sure the things you want cleaned go with the rest of the dirty things. I'll do the math. I'll load the load. I'll dry and I'll fold. I won't go around the house smelling every hoodie to see whether it's been worn once or ten times. It's a stupid line in the sand, but it's my line in the sand, okay?

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2019, 07:33:51 AM »

1. If you want something done your way, do it yourself. You can't split chores and hand over a chore you're very particular about (like that dishwasher you're all mentioning) to another person and then complain every time they do it! Either you're happy someone else did it at all, or you're the one with the sole responsibility. Am I happy about my husband's onion chopping technique? Not all the time. Am I gonna stand above his head and yell HOLD THE KNIFE LIKE THISSSS? Nah. I don't have time for that, that's why I asked for help.

I love this. This should be printed on a little card and laminated and put in a prominent place in every house (this is also good for parents and children, too). 

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2019, 08:00:28 AM »
(this is also good for parents and children, too).
Now I realized the reason why I hate this is because my mom always did this to me :lol you can either ask me to help you with something to the best of my ability if you're really desperate, or ask me "hey do you want to learn how to do X", but making a kid your "kitchen intern" for a meal you'd actually like to serve to other people isn't the best idea.

Once I completely lost my cool with her. She was always complaining how she doesn't like ironing the clothes for the four of us and how it's her least fave chore. So I put my good teen face on and said "hey, you know what, if you show me how to use the iron from the top one more time, I can help you out, I'm kinda scared of the steam and all that crap", but she was feeling cranky for some reason so she just said "I knew how to iron when I was your age and you've seen me iron a million times, just take the iron and do it if you wanna help, if not don't bother me, I'm doing something important here", and I was just like...  :censored. I think I waited for her afternoon nap and wrote her an angry letter (!) about how she doesn't deserve a good kid like me ( :lol I was sixteen, what can I say) and just went out and didn't come back until she was wide awake and well... not ready to apologize  :lol

I don't even have an iron in the house. Fuck ironing.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2019, 10:39:06 AM »
I iron like a 5 year old.  Not that I do it purposely.  Though my wife thinks I do it purposely.  :lol

I just suck at it.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2019, 10:53:01 AM »
I iron like a 5 year old.  Not that I do it purposely.  Though my wife thinks I do it purposely.  :lol

I just suck at it.

...and gift wrapping..forget it! :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2019, 10:54:35 AM »

I just suck at it.

...and gift wrapping..forget it! :lol

That's cute though because you know the present, um, I mean the though....... :lol

Offline BeardedGentlemanHistorian

« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2019, 09:04:38 PM »
(this is also good for parents and children, too).

Once I completely lost my cool with her. She was always complaining how she doesn't like ironing the clothes for the four of us and how it's her least fave chore. So I put my good teen face on and said "hey, you know what, if you show me how to use the iron from the top one more time, I can help you out, I'm kinda scared of the steam and all that crap", but she was feeling cranky for some reason so she just said "I knew how to iron when I was your age and you've seen me iron a million times, just take the iron and do it if you wanna help, if not don't bother me, I'm doing something important here", and I was just like...  :censored. I think I waited for her afternoon nap and wrote her an angry letter (!) about how she doesn't deserve a good kid like me ( :lol I was sixteen, what can I say) and just went out and didn't come back until she was wide awake and well... not ready to apologize  :lol

I don't even have an iron in the house. Fuck ironing.

It sounds like your mom and my dad may be related!  :lol My childhood in a nutshell went as follows:
1) Dad told me to do something.
2) I often didn't know how since he never took the time to show me, even when I asked him to.
3) Dad would get mad at me.

Offline New World Rushman

« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2019, 05:42:57 AM »
People still iron?