Author Topic: Jordan question time - See the answers now!  (Read 5742 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Jordan question time - See the answers now!
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2018, 02:25:15 PM »
Thanks for the interview Noxon.....really well done and it was pretty informative as well. JR seems like such a genuine fella.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline pcs90

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2018, 04:32:09 PM »
Nice interview so far!
Thanks!

Offline Peter Mc

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2018, 06:54:31 AM »
Nice interview.

I think Jordan gave a glimpse on the next DT touring cycle. He mentioned or talked about how labels are packing acts from the same label in order to give the less established bands a bit more exposure when tagging along a bigger act. Hopefully this translates into DT taking Haken (or Fates) out in the road.

Or Sons Of Apollo, ha ha!

As far as Ytse Jam bootleg stuff goes, wasn't expecting anything to be honest.  I remember JLB giving some half-assed assurance that he would carry this on but I tend to take most of what he says with a pinch of salt, I think he is out of the loop a lot of the time and just says stuff to make it seem like he knows what's happening and is involved in the decision making.

The cool extra stuff was all Mike Portnoy's doing unfortunately and will not continue whilst he is out of the band.  No one else in the band has the motivation to do that stuff, they just want to put records out and tour and I don't blame them.  Portnoy was extraordinary in how far he went out of his way for the fans (although he seems to expect blind allegiance in return) the others are not like this and neither are 99% of other bands.

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2018, 09:14:05 AM »
I agree with you. It's very rare any band have, within the band, such a big music fan like MP, and beyond that, such a really big fan of its own band (again, like MP), to really visualise what the diehard fans would like to have from the band. I guess when musicians become professionals and face the difficulties of the real job, almost all of them looses almost all of this spark of when they were young. Or maybe, they just love music in general and to be musicians, but never were over the top fans of any specific artistis or bands.
With all that said, I'm not complaining with DT of today, I guess it's just the way they are and it's fine.
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline Lethean

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2018, 09:40:58 AM »
I think it just depends on each person and how they approach things.  JM once told me that he was a huge die-hard Rush fan and still is to this day.  But he has a different personality in how he would express that. 

I can't imagine someone for whom music is more important than JR.  But I think everything is a balance and while they certainly know that some fans would love additional ytsejam releases, they have other things they feel more strongly about.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2018, 09:45:34 AM »
Even though it has been years since we had some Official Bootlegs, I'm still massively disappointed that we are not going to see any of those anymore in the near future.
Maybe once they retire, they can realize that the boots  could create some supplemental income into their retirement years.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2018, 10:22:46 AM »
It was pretty obvious, at least to me, that yste jam bootlegs were already dead. They haven't released anything through it since MP left (more than 7 years ago), so I think we should let it rest already.
At least we got the Happy Holidays release from 2013, which was amazing :metal

From what Jordan said on the interview, I get that their most important and inmediate plan as a band is to get to the studio, which he's previously said will happen around May, and write/record DT14. That's their only focus right now. After (or during) that time they'll probably start thinking about what comes next in regards to other releases, tour plans, etc. Let's not forget that DT are now with Inside Out and they're really good with special editions and extra releases for their artists, so there's the chance we might get some cool bonus content with the next album (hopefully).
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."