Poll

EP round for Round 9?

Give it to me baby!
8 (61.5%)
Get back witch!
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Puppies_On_Acid's Gentlemen's Roulette! Epilogue  (Read 80942 times)

Offline Tomislav95

I expected you to like it more but this is fine as well :tup
Also, sent for round 2. I'm very limited when it comes to female singers. Fortunately, I found something great that you didn't hear :D
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Nice. I’ll take it. Will send around 2 tonight.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
Methinks I'm going to be screwed for the 'heavy' round.  Nothing in my library would ever include the description of 'death' or 'core' as its genre.  I got a couple of cards I can play that should be able to compete, but still won't be in the same league with some of you.

Question for Puppies... females this round - does it need to be 100% female, or is a duet acceptable?  Just checking.
For the heavy round, that doesn't necessarily mean death metal or anything core. And that's really not exactly what I had in mind for that round either, it could be a song from any genre. For example, the band Swans has some really heavy stuff but they aren't a metal band. Then there are tons of doom metal, sludge metal, funeral doom, drone, and post metal that are all super heavy. But as I said before, all themed rounds are open to interpretation.

As for this round. It doesn't need to be 100% female, as long as the female vocals are the main focus.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
For the heavy round, that doesn't necessarily mean death metal or anything core. And that's really not exactly what I had in mind for that round either, it could be a song from any genre. For example, the band Swans has some really heavy stuff but they aren't a metal band. Then there are tons of doom metal, sludge metal, funeral doom, drone, and post metal that are all super heavy. But as I said before, all themed rounds are open to interpretation.

Yeah, I don't have any of that shit either.   :biggrin:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

• DTF.org Member

Haha, I'm giving examples. There are many directions you could go with "heavy".
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
POA, I'm curious just how into non-metal genres you are (relevant for several submissions I am tossing around). Like if you had to rank them, what tickles your fancy most outside of metal, and how much do you enjoy it compared to prog/death metal? Are you looking specifically to branch out and try new stuff or is that just a fun bonus to you?
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
well all the really good songs i wanted to send for this round are from banned artists so i guess i gotta send some crap instead

Offline Lethean

Not in the roulette, but curious - would The Glass Prison work for something like this?  I think there are a lot of songs that I describe as heavy that some of my friends who are really into death metal and such don't.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
yeah personally i don't think a song is heavy unless it's 80 solid minutes of blastbeats & open low B strumming distorted through five layers of buzzsaw effects but i know some people think fall out boy is the heaviest band in existence so it's pretty subjective

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
I just sent some train-core this round, might be heavier than my last submission but I'll make sure I save some heaviness for the hevvi round
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

• DTF.org Member
POA, I'm curious just how into non-metal genres you are (relevant for several submissions I am tossing around). Like if you had to rank them, what tickles your fancy most outside of metal, and how much do you enjoy it compared to prog/death metal? Are you looking specifically to branch out and try new stuff or is that just a fun bonus to you?
I really in to a lot of non metal stuff. I really like Folk music, Indie Rock, Dream Pop, several types of electronica music (not so much techno though), Alternative Rock, Jazz/Fusion, Funk, Reggae, Punk, some Classical. For me it's not so much about branching out (I've heard just about every type of music out there), but finding new artists that I can enjoy. Like I said in the OP, you are pretty safe sending anything outside of Country and Radio Pop.

Not in the roulette, but curious - would The Glass Prison work for something like this?  I think there are a lot of songs that I describe as heavy that some of my friends who are really into death metal and such don't.
The Glass Prison definitely has some heavy sections. I'm not sure I would describe the song as a whole "heavy" though. But then again, heavy means different things to different people. It's all subjective.

yeah personally i don't think a song is heavy unless it's 80 solid minutes of blastbeats & open low B strumming distorted through five layers of buzzsaw effects but i know some people think fall out boy is the heaviest band in existence so it's pretty subjective
Bingo. Except the part out 80 solid minutes of blastbeats. You can keep that song to yourself...  :lol
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Lethean

I would probably have a hard time with that round - I definitely consider The Glass Prison to be a heavy song.  Hmm.  What about something like, Inferno or King of Terrors? 

Or let me ask you this - what's something from your banned list that you consider heavy but isn't death or black metal or one of the genres bolded in jingle's post?

• DTF.org Member
I would probably have a hard time with that round - I definitely consider The Glass Prison to be a heavy song.  Hmm.  What about something like, Inferno or King of Terrors? 

Or let me ask you this - what's something from your banned list that you consider heavy but isn't death or black metal or one of the genres bolded in jingle's post?
Besides the aforementioned Swans, King Crimson has some fairly heavy stuff. Or stuff like Rammstein which some people consider Industrial metal. Then there's Scott Walker's more recent albums which are experimental Post-Industrial Baroque Pop. Or Univers Zero, which is instrumental prog rock. Lustmord is super heavy dark ambient.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Lethean

I think we might have totally different definitions of heavy.  Hopefully I didn't make jingle boy more confused, because I know I am. :)  Interested in what the submissions will be, and how they'll get ranked.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

:lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I think we might have totally different definitions of heavy.  Hopefully I didn't make jingle boy more confused, because I know I am. :)  Interested in what the submissions will be, and how they'll get ranked.

I'm like a baby in a topless bar right now.

I'm just going with my definition of heavy.  One would think "heavy" has a bit of a range around that target.  I'm pretty sure I can at least hit the board.  And I assume that for every themed round the quality of song matters more?  A shit heavy song is still shit, right?
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Yeah, before I started listening to atmospheric post-blackgazecore I got basically 0 chicks, now I'm like a chick magnet, it's crazy!
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member

• DTF.org Member

I'm like a baby in a topless bar right now.

I'm just going with my definition of heavy.  One would think "heavy" has a bit of a range around that target.  I'm pretty sure I can at least hit the board.  And I assume that for every themed round the quality of song matters more?  A shit heavy song is still shit, right?
Quality matters most to me. It could be the heaviest song in the world, but if it sucks balls, it will score badly.

Yeah, before I started listening to atmospheric post-blackgazecore I got basically 0 chicks, now I'm like a chick magnet, it's crazy!
train be like
:rollin
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
I really in to a lot of non metal stuff. I really like Folk music, Indie Rock, Dream Pop, several types of electronica music (not so much techno though), Alternative Rock, Jazz/Fusion, Funk, Reggae, Punk, some Classical.

Based my second entry on this.

I too will struggle on the metal rounds if I get that far.  Dream Theater, Maiden and some Symphonic Metal acts (Clean vocals only) are my limit!!!

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I really in to a lot of non metal stuff. I really like Folk music, Indie Rock, Dream Pop, several types of electronica music (not so much techno though), Alternative Rock, Jazz/Fusion, Funk, Reggae, Punk, some Classical.

Based my second entry on this.

I too will struggle on the metal rounds if I get that far.  Dream Theater, Maiden and some Symphonic Metal acts (Clean vocals only) are my limit!!!

Oh right... there's an elimination group after a few rounds.  I forgot about that!  Didn't mean to be presumptuous in assuming that I would make it that far.

But I will.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
I won't :hat
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

• DTF.org Member
I have 6 submissions for round 2 so far. Genres include Post-hardcore, Trip Hop, Chamber Pop, Symphonic Metal, and Folk. Diverse so far.  :tup
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
WTF is Trip Hop and Chamber Pop?

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Not Winger metal :P

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
No way it could suck that bad.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
You're right, it's pretty awesome  :metal

• DTF.org Member
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I'm in the wrong roulette. :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

I don't even want to click those.

• DTF.org Member
You're doing well so far.  :biggrin:
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Sacul probably sent chamber pop and Twosuitsluke probably sent Borishead

Don't think the genre of my song is included on that list though, but the band is kinda hard to define I guess

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

It's safe. Not YouTube. Just definition pages.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

It's safe. Not YouTube. Just definition pages.

:itsatrap:

Offline Tomislav95

Sacul probably sent chamber pop and Twosuitsluke probably sent Borishead

Don't think the genre of my song is included on that list though, but the band is kinda hard to define I guess
Nope, Sacul sent trip-hop and I sent chamber pop
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...