Poll

Images & Words or Rust in Peace?

Dream Theater - Images & Words
81 (97.6%)
Megadeth - Rust in Peace
2 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: Images & Words or Rust in Peace?  (Read 3254 times)

Offline TheCountOfNYC

Re: Images & Words or Rust in Peace?
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2018, 10:50:14 AM »
This poll is stating the obvious considering the crowd here.  Compare Rust in Peace to Black Clouds and there may be more of a challenge.

Even then, The Count of Tuscany is a thing and as much as I love Megadeth, they’ve never released a song that’s on the same level of epic as TCoT.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 06:50:21 PM by TheCountOfNYC »
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2018, 10:59:45 AM »
Only one vote for a landmark metal album RiP and 50 for I&W? Is this real?

In the Dream Theater section of a forum dedicated to Dream Theater fans? yes, it's real.

Yeah, but I thought Images & Words doesn't have to be among top 3 favorite DT albums of certain DT fans, while Rust in Peace could be among favorite (metal) albums of those members. So if we're going by that logic RiP should have more votes in this poll.
I&W is in probably in my bottom third so I'd have no problem voting against. However, RiP never really sat well with me either. Awesome beginning and ending but not much in between. Had it been SFSGSW or Peace Sells I'd have voted for either.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline pg1067

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2018, 11:21:23 AM »
The Count of Tuscany is   wears a thong

FTFY
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Öxölklöfför

• Pull my finger, I'm not afraid.
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2018, 12:59:48 PM »
Images and peace is a great album.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2018, 06:50:43 PM »
The Count of Tuscany is   wears a thong

FTFY

Whoops lol. That was supposed to say thing. Fixed.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Peter Mc

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2018, 06:48:36 AM »
Megadeth are a bit of a Greatest Hits band for me, don't really like any of their albums as a whole but do love seeing them live as they have a number of absolute classic metal songs.  Rust In Piece has Holy Wars, Hangar 18 and Tornado of Souls which are all pretty awesome (especially Holy Wars, an all time classic) but the rest of the album does very little for me.   Images and Words just shades Operation Mindcrime as my favourite album of all time.  That might be a more interesting poll Images v Mindcrime but I suspect DT would still comfortably win on this site.

Offline Anxiety35

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2018, 01:34:52 PM »
Megadeth are a bit of a Greatest Hits band for me, don't really like any of their albums as a whole but do love seeing them live as they have a number of absolute classic metal songs.  Rust In Piece has Holy Wars, Hangar 18 and Tornado of Souls which are all pretty awesome (especially Holy Wars, an all time classic) but the rest of the album does very little for me.

I feel the same about Megadeth.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2018, 05:49:16 PM »
Not even sure how these 2 are comparable??  But I'll play....  I&W by the biggest landslide in history :P

And I like Megadeth!!!