Author Topic: The Bestest Tiger Band Of All - Good Tiger Thread (Tesseract/Safety Fire fusion)  (Read 601 times)

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
Uhhhh I'm totally just thinking this will be locked right off the bat given how my last thread went in assuming there wasn't a thread created. But here we go. I'm pretty sure there was a thread at one point but maybe not. Maybe there's a thread like two topics down and I missed it.  :lol

I got into the band when hearing that The Safety Fire sadly disbanded and found that one of the guitarists is now in a weird little band called Good Tiger and I was pleasantly blown away. It helps that Coleman from past Tesseract is the lead singer and at least in Good Tiger's first album, had that same intensity.

The just released their new album today and it's fucking fantastic. There's little to no actual screaming, but Coleman is at his best when his voice is soaring and not screaming. The whole album is melodically progressive but more rock-oriented and yet the guitars retain that slight sense of what The Safety Fire had in the more harsher notes. I've only been through We Will All Be Gone once but I'm already loving it. Hopefully more people are into this band so we can have some more goodness coming from these guys.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
Where Are the Birds and Snake Oil (I really dug their screams to be honest so I hoped to have more of those :lol) are both fucking bangers, but I can't say I was huge into their debut as a whole

Will check out the album when I get the time, probably somewhere over the weekend. On Safety Fire, never got the hype, but recently heard that Jagwar song (the one with Tommy guesting) and I fell in love, that one is amazing.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline mikeyd23

I really like this band, checking out the new album now.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline mikeyd23

First listen through the new album was good, really enjoyable. Some good songwriting, obviously the playing is great, and Nolly's sonics never disappoint.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
Where Are the Birds and Snake Oil (I really dug their screams to be honest so I hoped to have more of those :lol) are both fucking bangers, but I can't say I was huge into their debut as a whole

Will check out the album when I get the time, probably somewhere over the weekend. On Safety Fire, never got the hype, but recently heard that Jagwar song (the one with Tommy guesting) and I fell in love, that one is amazing.

Absolutely loved the screams, and he does them really well. I'm hoping to hear more in some form in the future, be it with Good Tiger or a different venture. I love his vocals as a whole though, so to hear his higher notes and singing is a treat too.

But yeah, this hardly scratches my TSF itch. I don't think much will though, that was a pretty singular band in my eyes (ears?).

Just played the album the second time through and for the first time ever I think, some of my favorite tracks are the singles they released. Although I really love the ending track, and it's a perfect end at that; pretty much the only really somber and melancholic track on the record, yet somehow still hopeful.

RIP DTP.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
I dig it. The first album was good but the moments with screaming felt a bit forced to me. Played this one through list night and really liked it. Nice to hear someone doing something a little different, too.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
Third/fourth time through and this is my favorite album in a while. Really, really catchy choruses and the musicianship is great while still retaining some great hooks. I pretty much don't miss the screams at all now. I don't think they were forced in the first album, but with the atmosphere they created with this album, I think they'd be just that. There's a great vibe going on here, I love it.

RIP DTP.

Offline mikeyd23

Been spinning this new record often, I really like it a lot. It's holding up to be a regular in the rotation.