3 (3.6%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
1 (1.2%)
Washington Redskins
1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: 2018 NFL Thread - The Dynasty  (Read 186849 times)

Offline Rattlehead

Re: 2018 NFL Thread - The Greatest Show on Surf
« Reply #1715 on: October 15, 2018, 06:52:42 PM »
Felt sorry for Tyreek Hill for the beer incident at Gillette Stadium, a guy that choked out and punched a pregnant woman in the stomach deserves so much better  ::)

One thing doesn't have anything to do with the other.

Fans should not be throwing beer on players on the field.  Idiots like that in every city, unfortunately.  Should be easy to figure out the seats of the perpetrator and revoke his season seats, if the Patriots organization does their due diligence.

No kidding... it just felt right that it happened to that disgrace of a human being, though.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1716 on: October 15, 2018, 06:56:52 PM »
I literally just read that the guy has already been banned from the stadium, and Hill and his agent plan to take action against him.  I say, good for them.  Fans need to learn that you cannot assault players on the field.  No matter how harmless dousing someone with a beer might seem, it is unacceptable.

Just more proof that alcohol is the devil.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #1717 on: October 15, 2018, 07:00:32 PM »
That's how I found out about the incident  :lol Selling alcohol at any big public event like that is just asking for trouble, but obviously making money is more important than public safety.  ::)

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1718 on: October 15, 2018, 07:15:40 PM »
What the hell do Patriot fans have to be so pissed about? Going to the Super Bowl every year isn’t good enough?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1719 on: October 15, 2018, 07:17:23 PM »
The guy threw a Bud Light at him.  That's not beer.

In all seriousness,  he's done.  Notice the girl with the double bird is ok.

What the hell do Patriot fans have to be so pissed about? Going to the Super Bowl every year isn’t good enough?

Really, that's why you got out of this?  All of us act like this?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1720 on: October 15, 2018, 07:27:34 PM »
In other news, the Packers defense is complete trash.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1721 on: October 15, 2018, 07:29:56 PM »
Always have been.  Without Rogers,  that team is dead.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #1722 on: October 15, 2018, 07:53:20 PM »
I wouldn't say they've always been trash, they had been pretty solid in several seasons in the past with Aaron. The NFL just wants every game to be a shootout, any time there's tight coverage and an incomplete pass it seems they'll throw a flag for PI or holding these days. It seems that defensive players are much more hesitant to make plays this year for obvious reasons. Pretty soon they'll just have the defensive players stand in the same spot for the entire play like it's foosball  :rollin

Offline T-ski

« Reply #1723 on: October 15, 2018, 08:01:08 PM »

the more things change, the more they stay the same.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1724 on: October 15, 2018, 08:05:49 PM »

the more things change, the more they stay the same.

*Want's to quote Rush-Circumstances*

Offline dparrott

« Reply #1725 on: October 15, 2018, 08:12:20 PM »

:lol
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #1726 on: October 15, 2018, 08:13:02 PM »

:lol  That should be the dude's court defense!
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1727 on: October 15, 2018, 08:46:18 PM »
A bit off topic, but not really. Paul Allen died today. It is reasonable to say that without him stepping in and buying the Seahawks in 1997, they very well could have left Seattle. Thank you Paul. Thank you for being an owner who took pride in his team and its fans.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1728 on: October 15, 2018, 09:19:30 PM »
I wouldn't say they've always been trash, they had been pretty solid in several seasons in the past with Aaron. The NFL just wants every game to be a shootout, any time there's tight coverage and an incomplete pass it seems they'll throw a flag for PI or holding these days. It seems that defensive players are much more hesitant to make plays this year for obvious reasons. Pretty soon they'll just have the defensive players stand in the same spot for the entire play like it's foosball  :rollin

That's good, because neither did I.  :biggrin:

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #1729 on: October 15, 2018, 09:43:40 PM »
I know Kev, but King did  :lol Or at least that's how I interpreted his post after yours earlier.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1730 on: October 15, 2018, 10:22:38 PM »
I must really be old, because I didn't know that fans had ever stopped throwing beer at players. And apparently it stopped long enough ago that it's now considered shocking. News to me. I thought it was still a regular occurrence, and that beer is what civilized people threw. Rather than, say, bottles, snowballs loaded with batteries, molluscs, bananas, etc.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1731 on: October 16, 2018, 02:03:03 AM »
Rather than, say, bottles, snowballs loaded with batteries, molluscs, bananas, etc.

I'll never forget that Chargers/Giants game years ago where someone nailed a coach on the sideline and put a serious hurt on him. A severe concussion if I remember right. Then I seen a news story about the Eagles having jail cells and a judge on site for all of their home games not long after that.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1732 on: October 16, 2018, 07:33:53 AM »
Maybe Jason Whitten had one too many last night during MNF (or is he always this horrible?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_2ZjR9_z84

For years, I have kept the volume down during most sports telecasts.  Just enough to hear some crowd noise, down enough to tune out as much of the blah-blah-blah and needless BS from the announcers.  Somehow, I did hear this and did a double take.  I think Jason needs to pull his head out of his  :censored

Good game last night in this schizophrenic season.  Meanwhile, the Ravens sleep walk to an OT loss in Cleveland, at one point being around 0 for 10 on 3rd downs.  Sunday, they converted eleven of their first twelve, had three drives of seven+ minutes, and shut out the Titans in Nashville 21-0.  74 plays on offense, limiting the Titans to 40.  Of those 40 plays, Mariota was sacked eleven times.  Go figure.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 09:36:17 AM by DragonAttack »
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1733 on: October 16, 2018, 07:59:26 AM »
I know Kev, but King did  :lol Or at least that's how I interpreted his post after yours earlier.

I think the couch/GM has hurt Arron's chances to win more SB's.  Without Aaron, they wouldn't sniff the playoffs.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1734 on: October 16, 2018, 08:00:19 AM »
I must really be old, because I didn't know that fans had ever stopped throwing beer at players. And apparently it stopped long enough ago that it's now considered shocking. News to me. I thought it was still a regular occurrence, and that beer is what civilized people threw. Rather than, say, bottles, snowballs loaded with batteries, molluscs, bananas, etc.

Yup, you are getting older.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1735 on: October 16, 2018, 08:52:26 AM »
Maybe Jason Whitten had one too many last night during MNF (or is he always this horrible?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_2ZjR9_z84

I  heard that too, as did my wife.   She made a comment about it and I said "yeah, head.  That's what magicians do.  Don't you watch Penn and Teller?!?"   (The joke being that we DO watch Penn and Teller regularly, but she tends to fall asleep when we sit and watch TV.   As I type this I realize that this is a REALLY inside joke, but anyway...)

Point is, I thought Beathard played reasonably well - well, the Packers defense made him look really good - but I was more bugged by that line of analysis (their praise was faintly Mahomes-ish) than his lack of magic operations knowledge.   

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1736 on: October 16, 2018, 10:24:56 AM »
I think the couch/GM has hurt Arron's chances to win more SB's.  Without Aaron, they wouldn't sniff the playoffs.

The couch certainly hurt my chances at a career as a professional athlete!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1737 on: October 16, 2018, 10:43:29 AM »

The couch certainly hurt my chances at a career as a professional athlete!

Son of a  :lol

That's where I am as a professional.  On the couch.

Coach obviously.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 03:37:39 PM by kingshmegland »

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1738 on: October 16, 2018, 03:31:38 PM »
The Green Bay Rodgers strike again!!   :lol :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #1739 on: October 16, 2018, 08:42:21 PM »

I can agree with that... the 2016 team is a great example of that too. Rodgers was put in an impossible situation at 4-6 after some ugly losses where the defense was torn apart, yet he somehow managed to win 6 straight games to finish the season (while turning the ball over just 1 time in that span) and win the division. He carried that team that was practically dead to rights at one point all the way to the NFC championship game. This season it seems we're seeing more of the same with him so far.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Mahomes is where the heart is.
« Reply #1740 on: October 17, 2018, 06:39:47 PM »
Pre-Week 7 Power Rankings
1. Rams - I don't see many possible losses left on their schedule
2. Chiefs - despite the loss, showed major guts in the comeback
3. Saints - the next month or so will tell us how good this team really is
4. Patriots - it still feels like this team has yet to peak
5. Ravens - they win ugly, but winning is winning
6. Chargers - finally looking like the team many expected to see
7. Steelers - they appear to have righted the ship
8. Panthers - still trying to get a real grip on this team
9. Bengals - crushing loss after a late drive to take the lead
10. Bears - they never seem to play well in Miami

Trending up:
Texans - three straight wins
Jets - trending up, but likely still looking at 8-8 at best
Seahawks - have won 3 of 4 after an 0-2 start
Vikings - on the verge of becoming the contender we all expected
Eagles - too much talent to not get it together

Trending down:
Broncos - a total mess
Raiders - a bigger mess!!
Jags - two rough road losses and the D had taken to school by the Dallas offense??
Bucs - predictable slide after an unexpected 2-0 start
Titans - what a pathetic offense

Top 5 MVP Contenders
1. Patrick Mahomes - unbelievable start
2. Aaron Rodgers - if he gets this trash to the playoffs, give him the trophy
3. Todd Gurley - his running and presence makes all of the difference on that offense
4. Drew Brees - as good as ever
5. Philip Rivers - Chargers always get ignored, but Rivers is killing it this year

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1741 on: October 17, 2018, 07:54:11 PM »
Gurley has been amazing.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1742 on: October 21, 2018, 08:00:34 AM »
Ok Chiefs and Saints, you’ve been putting up 40 a game - now do a brother a solid and do that vs the Bengals and Ravens.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1743 on: October 21, 2018, 09:41:53 AM »
Enjoying the early Charger-Titan game whilst doing sundry chores this morning.

Predictions:  Brees throws his 500th career TD pass, the Ravens allow a 2nd half TD for the first time this year, but.....this won't be one of the 9+ indoor games the Saints get to play.  Temps are dropping, the winds are gusting from 15-30 MPH, and Ravens fans finally get a dry home game to attend and get loud for.  A pick or two, and a sack or three in spite of Humphries sitting out would be a big bonus.  Looking forward to this one. 
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1744 on: October 21, 2018, 10:29:38 AM »
Crazy finish in London. Chargers hit the bye week at 5-2.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1745 on: October 21, 2018, 02:28:14 PM »
NE just never runs out of luck. Down at the 1.  :facepalm:

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1746 on: October 21, 2018, 02:30:29 PM »
Luck would be Chicago fumbling going into the endzone.

Though, the Pats D sucks.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1747 on: October 21, 2018, 02:34:56 PM »
Carson Wentz is really good, but his decision-making on that last drive was downright horrific.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1748 on: October 21, 2018, 02:50:11 PM »
Carson Wentz is really good, but his decision-making on that last drive was downright horrific.

I didn't see it.  I'm surprised this is a real hangover.   They seemed ready for a long run.  Only time will tell I guess.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1749 on: October 21, 2018, 02:52:59 PM »

I was thinking the same thing. A bizarre turn of events for sure.

Congrats Hef, if you're still out there.