3 (3.6%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
1 (1.2%)
Washington Redskins
1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: 2018 NFL Thread - The Dynasty  (Read 187529 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Hey Darnold!
« Reply #1365 on: September 16, 2018, 02:25:29 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1366 on: September 16, 2018, 02:40:01 PM »
ANOTHER TIE

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1367 on: September 16, 2018, 02:42:02 PM »
Man, kickers have really sucked in OT this year.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: 2018 NFL Thread - Mahomes is where the heart is.
« Reply #1368 on: September 16, 2018, 02:56:31 PM »
That dude on the Jags just made an awesome catch!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1369 on: September 16, 2018, 02:59:28 PM »
Ugh.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1370 on: September 16, 2018, 02:59:41 PM »
That dude on the Jags just made an awesome catch!

Yes he did. Followed it up with a decent TD as well.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1371 on: September 16, 2018, 03:39:22 PM »
Blake Freakin Bortles.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1372 on: September 16, 2018, 03:40:54 PM »
How about Vontae Davis RETIRING during the Bills game. Wow!

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1373 on: September 16, 2018, 03:46:23 PM »
21-3. Well, I think most people realize that the Jags are the better team, irregardless of QB comparisons.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1374 on: September 16, 2018, 03:57:52 PM »
How about Vontae Davis RETIRING during the Bills game. Wow!
Wow. Dude changed into civvies and went home for the second half.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1375 on: September 16, 2018, 05:05:44 PM »
Blake Bortles showing why he is the future GOAT.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1376 on: September 16, 2018, 05:48:44 PM »

Future Trent Dilfer.

Too many mental mistakes today.  All that bluster about the Pats having a better D this year is nonsense.   The D still is bottom of the league.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1377 on: September 16, 2018, 05:49:38 PM »
That was ugly. Scheduled loss though.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1378 on: September 16, 2018, 05:54:02 PM »

Future Trent Dilfer.

You have to admit that he played fantastic today.

More teams in general need to play like the Jags did today: play aggressive and to win, not scared and trying not to lose.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1379 on: September 16, 2018, 06:02:04 PM »
Show of hands....everyone who had the Florida teams combining for a 6-0 start. I sure as hell didn't.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1380 on: September 16, 2018, 06:04:01 PM »

Future Trent Dilfer.

You have to admit that he played fantastic today.

More teams in general need to play like the Jags did today: play aggressive and to win, not scared and trying not to lose.

Absolutely.   I don't expect it to continue but if I'm wrong this team will go on some kind of run.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1381 on: September 16, 2018, 06:05:16 PM »
Even though many blew them off as a 1-year wonder who would fall back to the pack, the Jags still kicking ass is not surprising at all.

Miami and TB are both surprising, for sure.

The Bucs have to keep playing Fitzpatrick.  If they yank him for Winston next week, they are out of their minds.

At least we can always count on the Browns to be consistent. :lol :lol :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1382 on: September 16, 2018, 06:35:31 PM »
Any given Sunday in Jacksonville.   I honestly thought Oakland was going to bounce back, and I'm embarrassed to admit I hopped on the Jets' bandwagon with a little too much gusto.

I'm glad I don't play for Green Bay or Minnesota.  There can't be a player on that field that is happy with that outcome.  There is no moral victory in that outcome.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1383 on: September 16, 2018, 06:45:01 PM »
Fuck John Gruden.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1384 on: September 16, 2018, 07:09:16 PM »

I'm glad I don't play for Green Bay or Minnesota.  There can't be a player on that field that is happy with that outcome.  There is no moral victory in that outcome.

That roughing call on Matthews that took away a pick that would have allowed GB to all but run the clock out was so awful. He hit him as he was throwing the ball and, despite what the NFL said, did NOT pick Cousins up and drive him into the ground. What a bunch of horse shit.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1385 on: September 16, 2018, 08:00:04 PM »
HOW WAS THAT PITTSBURGH TD CONFIRMED AFTER REVIEW???????

That was so blatantly across the line of scrimmage!!!  If I was Andy Reid, I'd be having an aneurysm right now!!

No, actually your entire body has to be across and it depends on where the ball is when released.

I disagree with this.   The way I remember the rule (and the announcer said the EXACT same thing) is that "it doesn't matter where your legs are....it's WHERE THE BALL IS!"   And the ball was across the line by a long shot.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1386 on: September 16, 2018, 09:12:40 PM »

That roughing call on Matthews that took away a pick that would have allowed GB to all but run the clock out was so awful. He hit him as he was throwing the ball and, despite what the NFL said, did NOT pick Cousins up and drive him into the ground. What a bunch of horse shit.

Yup, truly horrendous call. Very ironic considering how the rule came about.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1387 on: September 16, 2018, 09:27:54 PM »
Has the 'Fire Tomlin' talk began in Pittsburgh yet?  Defense is his forte and in the last three Steelers game that matter, they have allowed 45 points (38 on D technically), blew a 14-point lead in the 4th quarter to a Cleveland Browns team quarterbacked by Tyrod freaking Taylor, and allowed 42 points. 

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1388 on: September 17, 2018, 01:19:57 AM »

That was so blatantly across the line of scrimmage!!!  If I was Andy Reid, I'd be having an aneurysm right now!!

No, actually your entire body has to be across and it depends on where the ball is when released.

I disagree with this.   The way I remember the rule (and the announcer said the EXACT same thing) is that "it doesn't matter where your legs are....it's WHERE THE BALL IS!"   And the ball was across the line by a long shot.

I've heard that rule explained at least once in the last five years and it explicitly stated that the entire body has to be across the line to be an illegal forward pass. I'm not sure if that's where the rule currently sits but it definitely has existed that way at some point recently.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1389 on: September 17, 2018, 05:38:23 AM »
OMG

:panicattack:

A Black_Floyd sighting.  What's up pal?  You just made visiting the nfl thread worth my while this morning.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1390 on: September 17, 2018, 09:35:08 AM »
Show of hands....everyone who had the Florida teams combining for a 6-0 start. I sure as hell didn't.

Great point !  I had them at a combined 1-5.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1391 on: September 17, 2018, 09:41:55 AM »
#VontaeCorner : Nobody said life was going to be easy but that doesn't mean you should give up.

— Vontae Davis (@vontaedavis) July 20, 2014

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1392 on: September 17, 2018, 09:48:04 AM »
Has the 'Fire Tomlin' talk began in Pittsburgh yet?  Defense is his forte and in the last three Steelers game that matter, they have allowed 45 points (38 on D technically), blew a 14-point lead in the 4th quarter to a Cleveland Browns team quarterbacked by Tyrod freaking Taylor, and allowed 42 points.

I can confirm - "fire Tomlin" talk is alive and well  :lol

What a disappointing start for the Steelers  :facepalm:

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1393 on: September 17, 2018, 11:40:53 AM »
Eagles QB Carson Wentz medically cleared, will start Week 3 vs. Colts

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24711923/carson-wentz-philadelphia-eagles-start-week-3

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1394 on: September 17, 2018, 11:47:16 AM »
I love how last week everyone was lol Steelers tying the Browns. They scored 21 on the road in horrible weather. Well today Cle has held Brees to 10 points into the 4th qtr in HIS house (dome). Browns D is legit.

Seriously.  I picked the Saints in a survivor.  I figured I was pretty safe after the numbers they put up in week 1, but I thought for a minute there that I was going out in week 2.

I've heard that rule explained at least once in the last five years and it explicitly stated that the entire body has to be across the line to be an illegal forward pass. I'm not sure if that's where the rule currently sits but it definitely has existed that way at some point recently.

Here's the NFL rule book:  https://operations.nfl.com/media/3277/2018-nfl-rulebook_final-version.pdf

The legal/illegal forward pass rule is on page 30:  "The offensive team may make one forward pass from behind the line during each down.  If the ball, whether in player possession or loose, crosses the line of scrimmage, a forward pass is not permissible, regardless of whether the ball returns behind the line of scrimmage before the pass is thrown.

. . .

Note: It is a forward pass from beyond the line of scrimmage if the passer’s entire body and the ball are beyond the line of scrimmage when the ball is released, whether the passer is airborne or touching the ground."

Therefore, if, at the time of release, any part of the QB's body is behind the line of scrimmage, it is not an illegal forward pass.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1395 on: September 17, 2018, 11:50:23 AM »
Kev, thanks for bringing that up. Tomlin with an average O (no Ben or Brown) would go about 2-14 every year. He is truly terrible, and yesterday he gave a perfect example of the gutless, ultra-conservative coaching that I rant about every year and I’m not letting it go . . . isn’t everyone sick of it?

After showing all day they could not stop KC, he punted on 4th and short in the 4th quarter from around midfield. Ben had been slinging it like crazy, you can’t trust them to get 2 yards? It doesn’t matter if KC gets a short field, they weren’t stopping them anyway. Loser strategy. At least the Jags learned their lesson and kept their boot on NE’s throat, staying aggressive even with a big lead. You can’t punt and say “trust the D” because THE RULES DON’T FAVOR THE D.

But could Tomlin learn? He used the same losing strategy against NE last year and lost. The idea of Tomlin learning something is  :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1396 on: September 17, 2018, 12:08:34 PM »

But could Tomlin learn? He used the same losing strategy against NE last year and lost. The idea of Tomlin learning something is  :lol

And for that reason alone, no, not sick of it.  :)

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1397 on: September 17, 2018, 12:14:24 PM »
Kev, thanks for bringing that up. Tomlin with an average O (no Ben or Brown) would go about 2-14 every year. He is truly terrible, and yesterday he gave a perfect example of the gutless, ultra-conservative coaching that I rant about every year and I’m not letting it go . . . isn’t everyone sick of it?

After showing all day they could not stop KC, he punted on 4th and short in the 4th quarter from around midfield. Ben had been slinging it like crazy, you can’t trust them to get 2 yards? It doesn’t matter if KC gets a short field, they weren’t stopping them anyway. Loser strategy. At least the Jags learned their lesson and kept their boot on NE’s throat, staying aggressive even with a big lead. You can’t punt and say “trust the D” because THE RULES DON’T FAVOR THE D.

I wish I could point this out as ridiculous - but it's pretty much spot on  :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1398 on: September 17, 2018, 12:31:59 PM »
Like Colin Cowherd always says, the Steelers under Tomlin are not buttoned up.

And now Antonio Brown said, "Trade me, let's find out," today on Twitter when someone tweeted at him and said he wouldn't be as productive without Ben and the Steelers.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1399 on: September 17, 2018, 12:39:54 PM »
DOC, kudos for the title.  I love it.

Kev, I saw that tweet.  Talk about balls.