Author Topic: Frank Turner - New Album: Be More Kind  (Read 586 times)

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Frank Turner - New Album: Be More Kind
« on: February 03, 2018, 05:18:30 AM »
Frank Turner has a new album out on May 4th.

I've gotta say that I've not been too impressed with his last two albums. Positive Songs for Negative People was pretty underwhelming for me. Tape Deck Heart had some good songs but just struggled to follow up England Keep My Bones (which is far and away my favourite album of his). The last two just missed something for me. One of the reasons I love Frank's songs is that I find them very real and relatable (as I'm also English and roughly the same age).

Anyway, I just listened to new single '1933' and I loved it. It really seems to capture that Frank magic. I can't even put my finger on what it is. Maybe I feel that his previous albums were going through the motions and this feels more 'real' to me? Who knows.

I know there are Frank Turner fans on this forum and plenty more who would like him given the chance.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Re: Frank Turner - New Album: Be More Kind
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 04:48:41 PM »
Well I haven't really been a great fan of Frank's last few albums, I think they were missing something that made Love, Ire and Song, Poetry of the Deed and England Keep My Bones so great. After one listen to his latest I'd say he's recaptured (to me a least) something that made me fall for his music so hard.

I can't really put my finger on it, maybe he just seems to have some passion and anger that he's been missing on the last few? I feel like he was maybe coasting a bit on the last two? Who knows, I know I'm digging this though. Chuffed  :biggrin:

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: Frank Turner - New Album: Be More Kind
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 11:47:43 PM »
Haven't heard the new one yet, but that's great to hear (although I lived Tape Deck Heart as well). Look forward to hearing it!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.