Poll

Vote album cover You want to be eliminated!

The King For A 1000 Years
0 (0%)
The Invisible Man
8 (100%)
Occasion Avenue
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: January 22, 2018, 11:31:38 AM

Author Topic: HELLOWEEN Survivor 2017 - Keeper Of The Seven Keys pt 3: The Legacy - round 10  (Read 494 times)

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
KEEPER OF THE SEVEN KEYS: THE LEGACY

Keeper of the Seven Keys: The Legacy is the eleventh studio album by Helloween, released in 2005. It is the first album with new and current drummer Dani Löble and a continuation to their 1987 and 1988 albums Keeper of the Seven Keys, Parts I and II. The album is a double CD with nearly 80 minutes playing time and comes in a digipack with 6 flaps. It was produced by Charlie Bauerfeind (Blind Guardian, Halford, Rage) and features Blackmore's Night singer Candice Night on the track "Light The Universe"

Third Keeper part was a bit surprising for me when I've heard it. It was a little bit different Helloween, more progressive, technical and I think more mature. Some songs from The Legacy are really weird ;) But I like this album very much and I like to coming back to it. Let's vote off some songs then;)

Andi Deris - vocals
Sascha Gerstner – guitar
Michael Weikath – guitar
Markus Grosskopf – bass
Dani Loble - drums
-----------------------------------

9TH ROUND  TIEBREAKER RESULTS:
The Invisible Man - 8 in all rounds
My Life For One More Day - 11 in all rounds

3. :huh:
4. My Life For One More Day
5. Born On A Judgement Day
6. Pleasure Drone
7. The Shade In The Shadow
8. Mrs God
9. Light The Universe
10. Silent Rain
11. Do You Know What You Are Fighting For
12. Come Alive
13. Get It Up

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Votes are summed up from every round. The result is as You can see not positive for My Life For One More Day. The Invisible Man must go now.

Offline Mladen

The Invisible Man is a clear choice.

What I find perplexing is that the remaining two songs are absolutely fantastic and I wouldn't have to think twice about putting them in my top 10 of Helloween songs, yet not a single other track on the album gets even remotely close to their greatness. How come they came up with two masterpieces and eleven songs that are mostly average at best?

Online MirrorMask

They probably blew all their creative efforts on those two songs, and filled up the rest of the album with whatever was coming out.

They said in interviews that they were suggested to do a Keeper album, 'cause the lineup was strong enough to afford it, maybe they decided they needed big epics to be worthy of the title, wrote those, saw that they were good, and didn't bother to painstakingly creating other masterpieces.

It's still a good and consistent album, and they were smart enough to NOT call it Keeper III, but they should have just avoided the Keeper part in the title and just let the songs tied to the saga speak for themselves.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
TIM

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online Eldomm

• Metropolis chemist
invisible man