Author Topic: Suggest things for me to do on my staycation.  (Read 974 times)

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
Suggest things for me to do on my staycation.
« on: January 05, 2018, 11:45:43 PM »
I have an 8 day vacation starting tomorrow. While most of it will be spent laying around the house being lazy, I do actually want to get out and about and do some things.

Throw me some ideas. Small things. For instance, one thing I'd like to do is go bowling. Haven't been in a long time. If you want to look up nearby attractions/things to do, I live in the Tulsa, Oklahoma area. Whatever I pick from your suggestions, I'll document with photographs. You can suggest things for me, or me plus friends.

Also, another thing I'd like to do is paint a figurine for my very first D&D experience that we're starting on Sunday.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline ChuckSteak

Re: Suggest things for me to do on my staycation.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 03:09:08 AM »
Spend time in nature, find a bench and read there. Make a picnic or grill with your friends or family. Watch new movies at home. Read at home. Go to the movies. Eat out. Walk around the town. Jog or exercise. Try cooking some new recipes. Listen to some new music, say, 3 new albums each day. Play cards or games with friends or go out at night to party (if that's your thing) or a pub or whatever.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 07:26:28 AM »
I doubt there is anywhere close by to snowboard, but that's what I usually do when I have time off.

2. If you don't mind an hour drive to Oklahoma city, then there's indoor skydiving at IFLY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvsYFOH-5AQ

3. Sensory deprivation float tank (located in Tulsa) at H2oasis float center

4. hiking at keystone state park (if you don't mind it being cold)

5. Unfortunately its kind of cold out, but I recommend the Motorcycle safety course. Basically its an enclosed course and they provide motorcycles and you spend 2 days where they teach you how to ride and then you get your license. And from there if you want to keep riding you can or if not that's fine too. It was just a fun way to kill two days.

https://www.osuokc.edu/motorcycle/

6. xtreme racing and entertainment tulsa, they have go Karts

If I can think of anything else, I'll post it

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 08:36:35 AM »
Museums.  I've been on a museum kick as of late, starting when I went to the NHL Hall of Fame in Toronto a couple months ago. 

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 08:37:57 AM »
Also, another thing I'd like to do is paint a figurine for my very first D&D experience that we're starting on Sunday.

Perhaps spend some time revisiting rules for your class' abilities and spells. :biggrin:
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 09:18:43 AM »
I always like to find weird, silly things to do when taking road trips. I basically turn into Clark Griswald. This is why I've seen things like the world's largest gavel and the world's largest can of soup... here is what I found around your area:
Blue Whale of Catoosa
The Center of the Universe
Golden Driller Statue
World's largest Praying hands
Washington Irving Memorial Park
Totem pole park
Winganon space capsule
World's only Main Street oil well
Mr. Ed's grave
Huge liquid life bottle

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 10:46:09 AM »
The Center of the Universe! I've heard people talk about it, but I've never been there.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 10:53:06 AM »

Perhaps spend some time revisiting rules for your class' abilities and spells. :biggrin:
I've actually been planning to do this today!