Author Topic: Who else never or rarely drinks liquor anymore?  (Read 2570 times)

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
Re: Who else never or rarely drinks liquor anymore?
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2018, 02:54:58 PM »
Soon to be 35, and I rarely drink. I may have what averages to 1 drink per month, and I haven't been drunk in probably 10 years (since my wedding night, I think). I do, however, smoke pot on a regular (read daily) basis, so it's really one vice for another. I'm an athlete, so in my case pot is the better choice because I can still easily train the next day if I get high, whereas a hangover means no working out.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2018, 03:05:00 PM »
I had two beers on NYE, and it was the first time that I had any alcohol in a couple of years. I tend to feel like total shit if I get drunk in my later years, so it's a good deterrent. I'm also a type 2 diabetic, so drinking really is a no-no for me and is probably a factor to why I feel so terrible afterwards.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2018, 03:06:41 PM »
I'm also a type 2 diabetic, so drinking really is a no-no for me and is probably a factor to why I feel so terrible afterwards.

I am as well. I haven't noticed any difference in how much I drink.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2018, 03:22:32 PM »
Soon to be 35, and I rarely drink. I may have what averages to 1 drink per month, and I haven't been drunk in probably 10 years (since my wedding night, I think). I do, however, smoke pot on a regular (read daily) basis, so it's really one vice for another. I'm an athlete, so in my case pot is the better choice because I can still easily train the next day if I get high, whereas a hangover means no working out.

That's where I'm at - daily toker myself. I'm not an athlete but I can go to the gym just fine after smoking (I often go and do my cardio while the high is kicking in). Alcohol makes me dread going to the gym even a full day later, plus I try not to eat after I start drinking because I feel like crap and it'll be so much worse on my body (read: storing fat) than just smoking a joint.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2018, 03:29:56 PM »
Yeah, totally. In fact while my wife refrained from alcohol for the two pregnancies, I did the same to show support.

I did for most of my wife's pregnancy as well.

Me three. 

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2018, 03:55:03 PM »
I've been drinking way more occasionally over the last couple of months, I rarely get drunk, but just like having drinks at concerts and parties and stuff. On new year's eve I drank way more than I feel comfortable with though and for the first time actually have almost no memory of the night. Having my friends puzzle everything together for me was fun but I've decided anyway that it was kind of an eye opener for me to cut down a bit. The hangovers are also the main reason I want to cut down on alcohol a bit, I'm super unproductive if I do get a hangover for probably the entire day or even longer.

I do, however, smoke pot on a regular (read daily) basis, so it's really one vice for another. I'm an athlete, so in my case pot is the better choice because I can still easily train the next day if I get high, whereas a hangover means no working out.
I don't do it daily, but probably once or twice a week. I used to do it more with friends though, whereas right now I found out that I find it way more enjoyable to do it by myself at home with some soothing music, I don't need much to get at a good level either so I don't think it'll affect me in a very negative way. The only times I do it outside anymore are at concerts that I think come across better when I'm high.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2018, 07:12:29 PM »
I'm one of those weird people who have limited, almost childish tastes with food, and that translates also with beverages

Glad I'm not the only one! haha
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2018, 11:08:49 AM »
I drink bourbon and craft beer. How often? As often as I need to.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2018, 11:47:22 AM »
While in high school, most of my classmates were really good friends so we had birthday and other parties together and there was always so much alcohol :lol also, I moderately drank on weekends when I was out with friends. I guess I used to get hammered pretty often then :P. After I started going to the college, I really cut it down, only drinking with my concert mates and occasionally going to the bars with smaller group of people. Then I lost desire to drink and there were some medical problems where drinking alcohol started to literally hurt so I stopped. I think I had only glass of wine and some liqueur with my dad on Christmas in last 11 months or so. If this medical situation ever get better I think I'll drink beer occasionally (I really liked it) but I don't think I want to get drunk ever again.
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2018, 03:58:20 PM »
I drink bourbon and craft beer. How often? As often as I need to.

Ha!  I love that!

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2018, 08:52:12 AM »
Didn't touch the stuff until I turned 21. Absolutely hate beer. Discovered that vodka is my drink of choice, specifically Grey Goose. Started with Smirnoff, moved to Absolut and then bought my first bottle of Grey Goose in late 2016 and am almost spoiled to anything else. Smoothest vodka I ever had.

I also am partial to hard cider/lemonade and what my friends refer to as the 'girly' malt beverages, Smirnoff Ice and the like. I do whiskey as well.

I have always been a rare drinker. Every so often at bowling when I'm having a bad night and at NYE.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history