Author Topic: Global currencies & stuff  (Read 1252 times)

Offline IDontNotDoThings

Global currencies & stuff
« on: December 27, 2017, 01:26:21 AM »
So I was bored one day & thought "hey, I wonder what the most & least valuable currencies are" & I couldn't find a direct chart  ranking all of them. So then I spent about 3 hours making my own. Both official & unofficial currencies are included.

So here it is! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vREP8kB4a5KD1LE1V0rK_KCSQxf2kTlw7bMFE7IkLnbtnrIxlDLmiEAE1G8HRw3-iRFjKKsTEw1bnBd/pubhtml

Data from every available currency from this website: https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/

Anyway, just thought I'd share since I spent a decent amount of time working on it. Enjoy.  :corn
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: Global currencies & stuff
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 10:42:07 AM »
The Dong is weak,
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 06:17:31 AM »
Wikipedia lists the top 15, but the article is only vailable in Spanish for some reason. When translated to English it just shows the list of currency by country... And according to your list it's outdated anyways.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline AngelBack

• I'm officially a lard......
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Why you want beef with broccoli ?
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 06:59:57 AM »
I find info like this interesting, especially when you add in the average salary in various countries and the relative cost of living.  Doesn't take long to see if you live in the western world and have a decent job you are probably doing much better than most.
But the arc of your life will still be profound

Offline pg1067

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 12:35:21 PM »
Given its questionable status as a sovereign nation, I would be shocked if anyone would actually pay 6 USD for a Seborgan Luigino.  If you're going to include that, why not also include the currencies of Minerva and Sealand?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 03:48:55 PM by pg1067 »
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 01:13:39 PM »
Nice list, however, the value of the Venezuelan currebcy that it’s listed on your document it’s the value of the dollar ONLY for the government, nobody else can purchase dollars at that price. The rest of the mortals have to get it via the black market, today the price of the dollar in the black market it’s 119779.97 VEF last 31th december Maduro rose the monthly wage to 760000.00 VEF that it’s less than $7 USD a month, any worker in the US make in an HOUR more than what any worker in Venezuela make in a month
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 04:11:36 PM by MinistroRaven »

Offline pg1067

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 03:48:01 PM »
x
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2018, 06:11:22 PM »
Given its questionable status as a sovereign nation, I would be shocked if anyone would actually pay 6 USD for a Seborgan Luigino.  If you're going to include that, why not also include the currencies of Minerva and Sealand?

I just used all the available currencies on the source website. If I knew how much Minerva & Sealand currencies were worth, I'd probably include them too.

Nice list, however, the value of the Venezuelan currebcy that it’s listed on your document it’s the value of the dollar ONLY for the government, nobody else can purchase dollars at that price. The rest of the mortals have to get it via the black market, today the price of the dollar in the black market it’s 119779.97 VEF last 31th december Maduro rose the monthly wage to 760000.00 VEF that it’s less than $7 USD a month, any worker in the US make in an HOUR more than what any worker in Venezuela make in a month

:omg:
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 10:49:33 PM »