Author Topic: ABSENTIA - AMAZON Original  (Read 969 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
ABSENTIA - AMAZON Original
« on: February 01, 2018, 10:15:07 PM »
Watched the first two episodes of ABSENTIA tonight, an Amazon Original. Really good....very intriguing. Basis is an FBI agent is presumed dead but if found alive six years later. Her husband has remarried and the guy they convicted for killing her is set free

Thus far it’s been really engaging and I’d say it’s worth the watch
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: ABSENTIA - AMAZON Original
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 11:22:34 PM »
Jumped back into this after binging Altered Carbon. Just hammered out five more episodes. I recommend this one....it’s pretty good. I’ve watched a ton of movies/tv and can typically figure out what’s going on before it’s recealed but with only three episodes to go I have no clue as to how this could end. It’s great.

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 07:52:06 AM »
Oh, if I only had that kind of time....I'm still going through Altered Carbon but this one's next. Nice to know it's going to be worth the wait. ;)

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 08:29:19 AM »
I technically don’t have the time either. I choose to sacrice sleep to watch this stuff. It bites me in the a$$ every now and then but i can’t seem to moderate myself to a sensible pattern of watching a series if it’s all available. I jam through it.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 10:21:24 PM »
Finished this. I thought it was well worth the time investment. Blows ‘Electric Dreams’ out of the water. This was a solid thriller/mystery that held the secret and reveal the entire time.

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 04:13:06 AM »
Great to hear....will be hitting it this weekend!

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 09:10:27 AM »
Finished over the weekend. I really enjoyed this as it was well written and filmed, the acting was good and I generally cared about all of the characters enough. It was like a 10 hour 'who done it'?

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 09:19:45 AM »
Finished over the weekend. I really enjoyed this as it was well written and filmed, the acting was good and I generally cared about all of the characters enough. It was like a 10 hour 'who done it'?

I'd never seen that leading actor in any other movie/show? He did a really good job at being 'real'....you did connect with him a lot. So did the main lady. I genuinely was back and forth as to 'who done it' all the way up to the final episode 'reveal'

Do you think they could pull off a second season with the same cast given the 'twist' at the very end scene?

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 11:26:07 AM »

I'd never seen that leading actor in any other movie/show? He did a really good job at being 'real'....you did connect with him a lot. So did the main lady. I genuinely was back and forth as to 'who done it' all the way up to the final episode 'reveal'

Do you think they could pull off a second season with the same cast given the 'twist' at the very end scene?

They could since there might be a lot we just don't know about other parts of her past. They could introduce more characters and take it down a different road. I hope they do, it could be interesting. We'll see.