Author Topic: Something I just discovered in Repentance  (Read 1513 times)

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
Something I just discovered in Repentance
« on: December 30, 2017, 03:14:51 PM »
I know this isn't really worth starting a thread over, but I don't know where else on DT-side to put this: I was just listening to Repentance, and I've just noticed that Steve Hogarth's contribution to the spoken-word segment is the opening lyrics to Marillion's song The Only Unforgivable Thing!

"The only unforgivable thing/Hauls itself out of bed/Looks over my shoulder/At the bloody English weather"

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
Re: Something I just discovered in Repentance
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 06:51:02 PM »
I know this isn't really worth starting a thread over, but I don't know where else on DT-side to put this: I was just listening to Repentance, and I've just noticed that Steve Hogarth's contribution to the spoken-word segment is the opening lyrics to Marillion's song The Only Unforgivable Thing!

"The only unforgivable thing/Hauls itself out of bed/Looks over my shoulder/At the bloody English weather"

Thanks. I'd forgotten about that.

One of the few songs I like on that album along with Prophets Of War and Constant Motion.

Offline Peter Mc

Re: Something I just discovered in Repentance
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 07:22:49 AM »
Never knew he was on there but not a song I listen to very often if at all.  It's kind of a 2nd rate Opeth imitation imo which goes on far, far too long.  JP's solo is the only saving grace, that is awesome.