Author Topic: Jordan rudess Ra cover on korg kronos  (Read 1745 times)

Offline Inemokeys

Jordan rudess Ra cover on korg kronos
« on: December 27, 2017, 05:48:50 AM »
Hi guys thos is my cover, of Ra, by Jordan Rudess.. on korg kronos, i hope you like it!! enjoy 😊 :natalieportman:
https://youtu.be/zeYBON9Q6oI

Offline Ninjabait

• XBOX is a God to Me
  • PR permission
Re: Jordan rudess Ra cover on korg kronos
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 09:06:39 AM »
Great job! This isn't an easy piece and you obviously put a lot of work into it (and it shows!). After watching your cover twice and a performance by JR for comparison, here are some things I've noticed:

In the sitar-esque solo from 0:56-1:16, you lift-up from the some of the notes in the solo a little early, which makes it sound a bit detached at times. The album version and the Keyboard Madness versions of the song are very fluid in this part, so I would say work on playing that bit more legato if you can.

In the trade-off section from 5:38-5:50, you play both the sitar-lead part and the low grumbly synth part (at least based on the Keyboard Madness video I watched).

Great work on the synth solos! You NAILED his playing style there, especially the pitch bends. That was the first thing that really grabbed my attention about your cover. The pitch bends sound so clean and natural, and the timing is darn-near perfect.

Overall, you did an excellent job!

Offline Inemokeys

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 10:04:56 AM »
Great job! This isn't an easy piece and you obviously put a lot of work into it (and it shows!). After watching your cover twice and a performance by JR for comparison, here are some things I've noticed:

In the sitar-esque solo from 0:56-1:16, you lift-up from the some of the notes in the solo a little early, which makes it sound a bit detached at times. The album version and the Keyboard Madness versions of the song are very fluid in this part, so I would say work on playing that bit more legato if you can.

In the trade-off section from 5:38-5:50, you play both the sitar-lead part and the low grumbly synth part (at least based on the Keyboard Madness video I watched).

Great work on the synth solos! You NAILED his playing style there, especially the pitch bends. That was the first thing that really grabbed my attention about your cover. The pitch bends sound so clean and natural, and the timing is darn-near perfect.

Overall, you did an excellent job!
Hi Ninja! thank you for your comment :).. you're right, first sitar part in others versions are more fluid ( there are major presence of lead sound togheter the sitar).. in the second part (5:38-5:50) i use only synthleas/ sitar for both part and in the sw1 i put octave+1.. its not easy for me this Song lol but i like very much :) thank you again

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 10:13:59 AM »
Ninja basically summed up my thoughts, especially on the pitch bending. Fantastic. Way to go dude, be proud, this was awesome!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Ninjabait

• XBOX is a God to Me
  • PR permission
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 11:35:37 AM »
Hi Ninja! thank you for your comment :).. you're right, first sitar part in others versions are more fluid ( there are major presence of lead sound togheter the sitar).. in the second part (5:38-5:50) i use only synthleas/ sitar for both part and in the sw1 i put octave+1.. its not easy for me this Song lol but i like very much :) thank you again

No problem! For the first sitar section I would suggest playing it a few times at tempo, and finding the specific parts that give you trouble. Then isolate those parts (usually just a measure, phrase, or little riff/lick will do) and practice them at a slower tempo that you can play them fluidly at. Then, after you can play the section fluidly, automatically, and without any discomfort, repeat the process while slightly increasing the tempo. Then, when you can play it comfortably, fluidly, and automatically at the recorded tempo, try practicing it with the surrounding licks/measures. Then move on to the next part that gives you trouble and repeat until you can play everything fluidly.

As for the second part, I would just play the low part with the left hand. JR plays both with the right hand in the Keyboard Madness video, but imo that's not necessary. It's not an easy riff, so it'll take some practice, but it should come together soon enough.

Hope all that helps!

Offline Inemokeys

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 12:02:14 PM »

No problem! For the first sitar section I would suggest playing it a few times at tempo, and finding the specific parts that give you trouble. Then isolate those parts (usually just a measure, phrase, or little riff/lick will do) and practice them at a slower tempo that you can play them fluidly at. Then, after you can play the section fluidly, automatically, and without any discomfort, repeat the process while slightly increasing the tempo. Then, when you can play it comfortably, fluidly, and automatically at the recorded tempo, try practicing it with the surrounding licks/measures. Then move on to the next part that gives you trouble and repeat until you can play everything fluidly.

As for the second part, I would just play the low part with the left hand. JR plays both with the right hand in the Keyboard Madness video, but imo that's not necessary. It's not an easy riff, so it'll take some practice, but it should come together soon enough.

Hope all that helps!
sure :) i have to search old video when i play it with kurzweil, i got different sounds whit heavy crunch bass for those part.. for first part i add more lead layers and apper more " fluid" 😂 😂 😂  thank Ninja  i appreciste it

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 11:18:27 AM »
I enjoyed this very much!! Congratulations!
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline pcs90

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 01:07:07 AM »
Wow! Excellent job! I always felt like this album as a whole plus Feeding the Wheel needed to get more attention. So much good music on both!