Explosions in the Sky - Last Known Surroundings
2 (2.6%)
Stellardrone - Light Years
0 (0%)
Porcupine Tree - Glass Arm Shattering
14 (17.9%)
Eluvium - Ostinato
0 (0%)
Ne Obliviscaris - Devour Me, Colossus - Part II (Contortions)
6 (7.7%)
Levin Minnemann Rudess - Marcopolis
5 (6.4%)
Animals as Leaders - Thoroughly at Home
5 (6.4%)
Riverside - Goodbye Sweet Innocence
10 (12.8%)
Schammasch - The Third Ray of Light
0 (0%)
Speaking to Stones - Fire
2 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Your favorites of these random songs on my iPod  (Read 2339 times)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
Your favorites of these random songs on my iPod
« on: December 24, 2017, 10:05:53 AM »
I put my iPod on shuffle and put some songs in a poll whaddup
the only thing i did is remove duplicate artists to get a bit more variety but there were only a few of those anyways

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Your favorites of these random songs on my iPod
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 10:08:10 AM »
Waking Dreams may be my favorite Ayreon song, so that one. It's also the only one on that list I know so, yeah.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 10:09:43 AM »
Waking Dreams, although if you had included a better song from Deadwing I might've gone with that.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline ChuckSteak

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 10:10:03 AM »
Riverside.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 10:11:26 AM »
To be honest these are the only 5 I know just by seeing the name. I probably recognize the Ayreon, Cloudkicker, Riverside and Hirsch Effekt ones if I hear them but yeah

duh: Hypno5e - North Shore: The Abstract Line (I need Sea Made of Crosses right after this though)
Elder - Lore
Ulsect - Fall to Depravity
Porcupine Tree - Glass Arm Shattering
NeO - Devour Me, Colossus - Part II (Contortions)
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 10:22:09 AM »
Are those actual songs?    (Honey!  Where's my walker!  It's time  for my PILLS!)

I picked Dream Theater (only song I've ever heard there) and Ayreon, only because every song by Ayreon I've heard I've REALLY liked. 

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2017, 10:34:23 AM »
Waking Dreams, although if you had included a better song from Deadwing I might've gone with that.
blame my ipod

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2017, 11:36:05 AM »
HA I missed Dream Theater because I didn't recognize the song title. Can't honestly say I know what The Big Medley is.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2017, 11:37:51 AM »
HA I missed Dream Theater because I didn't recognize the song title. Can't honestly say I know what The Big Medley is.
It's on the ACOS EP.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2017, 11:44:56 AM »
i haven't listened to anything on the ACOS EP aside from the title track in like a literal decade tbh but it's what my ipod picked

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2017, 11:48:49 AM »
Figures. I never owned that. I dl'ed the song ACOS after hearing it on the Live Scenes DVD and never cared to get the EP since I don't buy or care for any of their cover material.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2017, 11:52:03 AM »
It has a great version of Elton John's Funeral For A Friend.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2017, 03:27:15 PM »
Ayreon - Waking Dreams. I really love the vibe of this song. One of the best songs on the best Ayreon album, in my opinion

Explosions In The Sky - Last Known Surroundings. Incredible opener to that album. Makes me think of spring. Not sure why. Love music like this, has actually brought a tear to my eye on more than one occasion

Levin Minneman Rudess - Marcopolis. Catchy riff, great synth lead sound, one of the more memorable ones on the album
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2017, 04:23:19 PM »
I’ve only ever heard the DT one so I vote that.  :lol

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2017, 12:54:00 AM »
Are those actual songs?    (Honey!  Where's my walker!  It's time  for my PILLS!)

I picked Dream Theater (only song I've ever heard there) and Ayreon, only because every song by Ayreon I've heard I've REALLY liked.

You haven't heard anything off of Deadwing (Porcupine Tree)? It's an amazing album. No joking around. You should really check it out.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2017, 09:08:04 AM »

You haven't heard anything off of Deadwing (Porcupine Tree)? It's an amazing album. No joking around. You should really check it out.

I've heard Deadwing. I think it has like two decent songs. the two long ones. Arriving, and I can't remember the name of the other.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2017, 09:58:19 AM »

I've heard Deadwing. I think it has like two decent songs. the two long ones. Arriving, and I can't remember the name of the other.

I've owned Deadwing for quite a few years and to be honest the only song I know on it is Lazarus. Amazing song though.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2017, 10:25:16 AM »
I love Shallow, Lazarus, Arriving Somewhere and Open Car. But the rest of the songs are really good too.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2017, 11:12:20 AM »
>tfw no start of something beautiful

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2017, 11:14:34 AM »
Halo tho :metal

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2017, 11:59:56 AM »
>tfw no start of something beautiful

Yeah, that's the other one.

I think the rest of it blows.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2017, 12:29:25 PM »
This list of songs is nice
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2017, 11:49:55 PM »

I've tried with Steven Wilson, but he just doesn't click with me.   

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2017, 03:04:50 AM »

I've tried with Steven Wilson, but he just doesn't click with me.   

I was that way too but after To The Bone came out I loved that one and have worked my way back on his solo albums and now they all really click....

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2017, 05:42:36 PM »
Stads, that's a shame. Knowing how much of a fan of Genesis that you are, I'd think that a lot of PT would be right up you're alley. It took me some time to catch on with them, but when it finally happened I became a big fan of their later albums.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 06:24:24 PM by PowerSlave »
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2017, 05:57:30 PM »
Quite a lot of SW's music, both solo and PT,  doesn't click with me. However in recent years he has really resonated with me. HCE and TTB are just amazing and the last few before that weren't bad either. I really do think there's something for everyone, not unlike Devin Townsend.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2017, 06:07:18 PM »
I don't know many of these songs, but Glass Arm Shattering is awesome  :hefdaddy

Thoroughly At Home is a really cool song too.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2017, 11:36:37 AM »
Stads, that's a shame. Knowing how much of a fan of Genesis that you are, I'd think that a lot of PT would be right up you're alley. It took me some time to catch on with them, but when it finally happened I became a big fan of their later albums.

Look, I'm nothing if not willing to take a chance.  I hated the Dead for YEARS, and now I'm a collector I like them so much.  I hated Devin Townsend for years and I'm starting to thaw now (I just bought By A Thread online on the cheap and I'm looking for an inexpensive Contact Us or Contain Us or whatever it's called).    I'll keep giving them a listen now and again to see if they click.   

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2017, 02:20:05 PM »

The whole album is good Tim.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2017, 03:48:42 PM »

Waking Dreams is a great song, so even if you voted for it before listening, I think it's a great choice. :) I voted too fast (missed it somehow) - if you could vote for more than one, I would have chosen it and Riverside.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2017, 03:51:02 PM »
Quite a lot of SW's music, both solo and PT,  doesn't click with me. However in recent years he has really resonated with me. HCE and TTB are just amazing and the last few before that weren't bad either. I really do think there's something for everyone, not unlike Devin Townsend.

I kinda liked In Absentia, but that's about it. Raven had good stuff and same with the ones after, but not so that I come back to it. I think I don't care for his voice much. Nothing wrong with it, just doesn't quite work for me.

Offline ganpondorodf

• Calamity
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2017, 04:29:52 PM »
I love Steven Wilson's solo stuff but Porcupine Tree bore me to tears. I just don't get them at all

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2017, 04:33:16 PM »
Parama, if you need me to initiate taking up a forum collection so you can buy some decent music, let me know.  Just send me a PM.  Happy to help.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2017, 04:49:51 PM »
I have literally hundreds of albums on my iPod and picked 20 songs randomly, I'm good

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2017, 06:24:01 PM »

I think you have had multiple concussions.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC