Author Topic: Looking for giant band posters  (Read 853 times)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Looking for giant band posters
« on: December 22, 2017, 10:45:23 AM »
I have this 6 foot tall flag from the band Rhapsody of Fire that hangs in my living room. It's awesome, made of fabric and has grommets at the top like an actual flag. Many years ago a then-girlfriend of mine had a similar Rhapsody flag almost as big. I've wanted posters/fabric posters for all kinds of bands like that. Or, well, any poster that is 'large' or larger than the typical fold-out size posters you can get almost anywhere.

Specifically I'm looking for massive ACDC posters/banners/flags. I'm looking for as big as possible because I want to get one for my father to hang in his body shop (ACDC is far and away his favorite band, plus all of us in the shop like them too so it's perfect). It's gotta be big, none of those puny 24x36 posters. Can anybody help me with my search? Doesn't matter what the art is, but I've been looking for a massive poster (preferably fabric) of Back In Black's art, or the Highway to Hell one with horns on their heads, or the For Those About To Rock art.

I thought finding some for a band like ACDC would be easy but I'm having no luck so far.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 10:54:15 AM by Kattoelox »
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
Re: Looking for giant band posters
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 03:24:36 PM »
Not sure if they have giant posters, but check out Wolfgangs Vault.

When they first put the warehoused items up for sale I invested in a huge collection of cool memorabilia.

They have a ton of original first printing and tour items. It's all stuff that legendary promoter Bill Graham stashed away for decades when he was still alive.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 03:31:12 PM »
^Yup, good call.  That is your best bet for authentic stuff. 

Otherwise, poking around on Ebay is the only other thing I can think of.  https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xac%2Fdc+banner.TRS0&_nkw=ac%2Fdc+banner&_sacat=0
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 08:32:53 AM »
Thanks buddies. Found some good stuff on that Wolfgang's Vault site, that's a gem I've never heard of. Appreciate it!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 10:24:07 PM »
 :tup:metal
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2017, 11:05:04 PM »
Holy balls, if anyone wants a first printing of that Jimi Hendrix Experience Poster, it's only $15,500.

https://www.wolfgangs.com/posters/jimi-hendrix-experience/poster/BG105.html

Otherwise this site looks awesome! Too bad I don't have any more wall space in my house appropriate for posters. Damn offspring of mine!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 06:50:03 AM »
Good lord. I'll stick with the sixth printing...  :eek