Author Topic: Recording Software for Macbook  (Read 1361 times)

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
Recording Software for Macbook
« on: December 21, 2017, 08:59:14 AM »
How's it goin' eh?
So, I've been doing some guitar play through videos. Here's my setup for context: Amplifier mic'd with SM57, going direct into iPhone (with appropriate interface) to record both sound and video. Then it all gets loaded into my filmmaking software and I go from there.
I'd like to record the guitar sound into my MacBook using some recording software.
I have used the multi-track recorder with Bias FX and also Garageband, but there's no EQ.
Can anyone suggest a program which has an EQ to tweek the guitar sound once it's recorded?

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
Re: Recording Software for Macbook
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 05:23:21 AM »
Well, If anyone cares...
I found Amplitube. It's pretty awesome.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 07:09:51 AM »
Missed this thread, sorry, if you are looking in the future and already have a Mac, I'd highly recommend Logic. $200 for a pro-level tracking and mixing program. Well worth the money.

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 08:13:20 AM »
Missed this thread, sorry, if you are looking in the future and already have a Mac, I'd highly recommend Logic. $200 for a pro-level tracking and mixing program. Well worth the money.

Cool, thanks. I'll check it out.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 10:03:22 AM »

Cool, thanks. I'll check it out.

No problem, if you are familiar with Garageband, Logic basically feels like a much more detailed, expanded version of that. Some of the interface will be familiar, but there's a ton more capability to track and mix in the box.